Sorry I looked through the forum but couldn't really find what I was looking for. I've heard and seen this videos of the note 5 ram management issue. I'm really looking forward to the new s7 and note 6 but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on those devices due to this issue. How many of you find the latest Galaxy devices aggressively closing apps to be unbearable. Does it make multitasking beyond frustrating on this phone. Should I be concerned about this on the upcoming devices? And would there be any chance this could be fixed with marshmallow update. Is it related to lollipop memory leak or is this a Samsung thing?!?!? Thanks guys!!
    02-10-2016 12:42 AM
    Have you turned on Developer Options yet? If not, go to Settings, About Phone, scroll down to Build Number, and tap that really fast like 7-10 times. Then hit the back button when it says Developer Mode Activated. Now in Settings, Develtoper Options, scroll down to the bottom, in the Applications section, turn off "Do not keep activities" and change "Limit Background Processes" to your liking. That should keep the phone from aggressively shutting down apps, unless you are very low on memory, and then the phone will swap out the oldest process to make room for the new one. Remember though, Android is designed to actually USE all your RAM, so when it looks like it's all in use, that's by design. If you're trying to do more than your have available RAM to do, though, that's not the fault of the device, that just means you need to change your actions to fit within the design of the device.
    02-10-2016 09:14 AM
    Have you turned on Developer Options yet? If not, go to Settings, About Phone, scroll down to Build Number, and tap that really fast like 7-10 times. Then hit the back button when it says Developer Mode Activated. Now in Settings, Develtoper Options, scroll down to the bottom, in the Applications section, turn off "Do not keep activities" and change "Limit Background Processes" to your liking. That should keep the phone from aggressively shutting down apps, unless you are very low on memory, and then the phone will swap out the oldest process to make room for the new one. Remember though, Android is designed to actually USE all your RAM, so when it looks like it's all in use, that's by design. If you're trying to do more than your have available RAM to do, though, that's not the fault of the device, that just means you need to change your actions to fit within the design of the device.
    "Do not keep activities "is off by default, and "limit background activities " only allows you to increase aggressiveness not decrease it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-10-2016 09:49 AM
    It's there apps shut down after about 8 apps in the background
    02-10-2016 10:16 AM
    "Do not keep activities "is off by default, and "limit background activities " only allows you to increase aggressiveness not decrease it.
    Odd, I've never been to that series of menus before, mine was ON by default and set to "1". Your experience was obviously different.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    02-10-2016 10:27 AM