How do I copy contents of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone onto a Mac computer?

A

AC Question

how do I copy contents of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone onto mac computer?

I need to send phone for warranty work and was told to backup entire contents of phone ie photos, videos, notes. I was able to copy the photos, but it did not copy videos or notes or do an entire backup of contents. I tried to download Kies and Andriod Transfer downloads but none of these worked. Please provide detailed instructions on how to transfer videos and notes onto a mac computer. I have a iMac 4.1 old computer and a newer Mac laptop. Thanks

armstrong47

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I copy contents of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone onto mac computer?

Android file transfer has always worked for me but I know it can be temperamental with Samsung devices. Make sure you use the cord that came with the phone. That solved my issue connecting to the laptop.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I think Smart Switch may be an option as it is designed to support the newer phones. Android File Transfer and Kies in the past did not co-exist due to drivers, so you'll need to uninstall one, reboot Mac, and then do the same if you want to try the other.

If the app route doesn't work, then you could copy the content you want to save to a cloud storage like Google Drive (be sure to do this via WiFi so it won't eat up your data plan). Once copied to the cloud storage, just copy/sync that to your computer. The cloud storage app like Google Drive will need to be on your computer.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I use ES File Explorer to transfer files and such back and forth to my computer. It isn't a Mac, but I would assume it would work. First you need to create an Android Share folder somewhere on your computer (I created mind under 'C://Users'). Next open ES File Explorer and go to the LAN section. You can add your computer there (you have to enter your computer name and password, if you have one), then just use ES to copy the files and folders you want to the Android Share folder on your computer.

htc fan89

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I use smart switch for transfering files from my mac, but for some reason if i leave it running it crashes my mac. Which is weird

jhilla

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site

AirDroid is the best option out there