Did an upgrade and now I have an icon on my screen I can't get rid of. Samsung Galaxy Note 5. How can I get it off?

A

AC Question

did an up grade, and now I have an ikon on my screen I can't get rid of. Samsung galaxy note 5

The ikon looks like a phone, it always on the page, in the way. If I swipe it off or push it, it freezes my screen. Then I have to take the battery out to be able to use my phone again.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: did an up grade, and now I have an ikon on my screen I can't get rid of. Samsung galaxy note 5

Hi, welcome to the forums! It's a known issue affecting many users. The culprit is an app called Peel Smart Remote, search for it in your app manager and disable it. Tell us how it goes.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: did an up grade, and now I have an ikon on my screen I can't get rid of. Samsung galaxy note 5

How did you remove the battery?

Posted via the Android Central App

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Make sure to UNINSTALL the updates first... Saves a ton of internal storage if you do this before disabling all your Apps!

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

You can't remove the battery on a Note 5. That person likely has another kind of phone.

I'm aware. Unfortunately, sarcasm can't be seen in a forum.

Posted via the Android Central App

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Who ever "AC Question" is they copy questions off forums and reposts them. They have no profile to look at. I've seen posts by a user and the next post is by AC Question that is word for word the same thing as the previous post.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Who ever "AC Question" is they copy questions off forums and reposts them. They have no profile to look at. I've seen posts by a user and the next post is by AC Question that is word for word the same thing as the previous post.

AC QUestion is not the same person posting questions over and over that they copied from other places. They are anonymous people who come here to ask questions. The forum allows people to do this without actually registering an account here and they can still get some help. This is why there is no profile.

This is why they are given the "username" AC Question. As far as the duplicate questions go, it's possible they registered for an account after posting as a guest and then copied their question word for word after becoming a member.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang