Note 5 Facebook Widget gone - How do I get it back?

Lbowa2

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
My Facebook widget has completely disappear from my phone. Not just from the home page but from the widget menu also. I tried to uninstall FB and reinstall but because it is a stock app it only uninstalls the updates. I've tried rebooting and nothing. I have a generic widget from the play store but I would like my stock widget back. Any ideas? The little app button is still in the app menu.

Posted via the Android Central App

armyjeffries

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 5 Facebook Widget gone

I've been experiencing the same thing. Temporary work around until someone fixes it, just uninstall. As you said, it won't let you uninstall it completely as it's a native app. It seems like the bug is related to an update, because if you uninstall all updates the widget is available in the widget menu again

Sarah Furlong

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problem with my S6! I installed the update a while ago but my widget disappeared yesterday. Uninstalling the update didn't work for me either!

Last edited:

VintaGingersnap

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the exact same issue with this and the Pinterest widget. It's annoying me since those are the 2 I use most often.

HarleyCatmb

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

Same problem here on droid turbo. Also tried all the same things to try and fix. Did NOT lose it on my ellipsis 8 tablet

Fumandu

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

The Facebook widget has completely disappeared from my phone too but I have the Galaxy S6. Happened after an update last week and the subsequent updates haven't returned it. if somebody has a solution to this let me know!

sjgjr

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

Facebook has disappeared from my S6 as well. Tried uninstalling updates, force stop, removing Nova, cleaning cache, etc. with no luck either.

Joe Dinger

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I have a moto x pure and I have the same issue (Google search brought me here) Facebook must have stopped supporting the widget for some reason

JoeyEff

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

This happened to me and this fix worked on my NOTE 5.

Settings
Applications
Application Manager
Find Facebook
Uninstall Update

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Same here Note 5 just gone. Aliens abducted it apparently. No fix in sight...

Update: Uninstall FB updates then go to play store and install FB again. Widget returned.

Last edited:

Dubaruba

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Uninstalled updates, reverted to factory install, restarted, set up Facebook with my account, and my favourite widget is back.

chrisjewell

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion but for those of us with phones that didn't come with FaceBook bundled, there is no 'Uninstall Updates' available. Just make sure you set the app not to automatically update in the future. Perhaps FB will get the message that it has made a lot of its users unhappy when they see how many people are uninstalling this update.

chrisjewell

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

I just uninstalled FB both on my Galaxy Tab S and on my Nexus 5, and installed a prior version (for Android 5 and 6 released on 02/03 - facebook-62-0-0-42-77-release) from APK Mirror.

I now have my widget back, and have turned off automatic updates until FB sees some sense and reinstates it in their latest version.

Of course, there is still the more general and egregious issue around FB now restricting third party API users from authorized access to their customers' NewsFeeds: various alternate third party widgets and aggregator applications have now been decimated by this foolishness.

Lbowa2

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

This happened to me and this fix worked on my NOTE 5.

Settings
Applications
Application Manager
Find Facebook
Uninstall Update

THIS WORKED!! One tip...once you uninstall the updates you have to got into the little app button in your app menu and reinstall it from there. It will open and you have to enter you I'd (phone # or email & password) once you do that - your widget is back

Nlustica

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the exact same issue with this and the Pinterest widget. It's annoying me since those are the 2 I use most often.

I have an lg g4 and my facebook widget isnt there also. I also lost pintrest and wrote them and they told me that they took that feature away. I hope fb didnt do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool