I need to buy a new charging cable for my Note 5 to go with the fast charger. Will any old cable do the trick or do I need one that is able to "handle" the fast charging power running through it? This seems like a dumb question but I was reading an Amazon review for a cable that said it's important to buy one that won't get warm from using a fast charger with it.
    02-13-2016 12:02 PM
    I think any microusb will do fine.

I bought an Anker cable for 6 bucks and it hasn't steered me wrong yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4995442

Also bought a spare charging unit that I use at home since the anker cable is so stiff and rigid (good for durability?), and now I've swapped the OEM charger as the one I bring to class or wherever.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4995442
    02-13-2016 01:08 PM
    I just went to best buy yesterday for the same reason, bought a ten dollar cable and worked fine on the first plug in. Will let it drain down to 20% and try it again to check for over heating.
    Mariah Richardson likes this.
    02-14-2016 09:14 AM
    I need to buy a new charging cable for my Note 5 to go with the fast charger. Will any old cable do the trick or do I need one that is able to "handle" the fast charging power running through it? This seems like a dumb question but I was reading an Amazon review for a cable that said it's important to buy one that won't get warm from using a fast charger with it.
    Samsung labels the cables they provide for use with a fast charger as capable of an output of "5.3 volts at 2 amps or 9.0 volts at 1.67 amps". I notice from several different branded "fast charge" cables I own that they all have a noticeably heavier cable than older non-fast charger cables.
    Mariah Richardson likes this.
    02-14-2016 05:45 PM
    the one that came with the phone gets worn after a while and no matte rwhat you do, it gets the regular "cable charging" effect when plugged in. I use the cable that was supplied with the fast wireless charging puck, and that works everytime, since it's actually much thicker too
    JohnnytheK likes this.
    02-16-2016 12:59 AM
    the one that came with the phone gets worn after a while and no matte rwhat you do, it gets the regular "cable charging" effect when plugged in. I use the cable that was supplied with the fast wireless charging puck, and that works everytime, since it's actually much thicker too
    Ah, that explains it. I have a fast charge battery pack and today it won't fast charge. Must be the cable, thanks.
    02-18-2016 02:07 PM