Email sync and notifications issue

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Note 5 on VZW - my Gmail and Exchange email dont seem to sync well with my phone. I get the emails and notifications, but if I read the email on my computer, it doesn't reflect that on my phone. The notifications stay on the lock screen and notification bar until I go into the mail app and refresh. Both accounts are set for push.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue! And, I asked about it, on this forum, and was advised that's how it is. Here's hoping that someone else can confirm otherwise.
On my BlackBerryPriv, I don't have that issue, and love that. I read an email on the computer, within X minute, the notification disappears from my Priv, and even the email shows as 'read'...

crawfojj

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I use two Exchange servers and both seem to update fine except last week when in Mexico, but I'll leave that to sketchy data. The only issue I have with it is with my contacts notes. I use the notes section a lot to help with my clients info, but it cuts off half the notes. It doesn't do this on any of my other Android tablets or my previous phone (HTC one m8) so not sure why this one has a limitation like that.

Anyone else use notes and notice that?

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Did a factory reset on my phone last night and still having the same problem. Gmail updates fine, but my exchange email does not - still need to go into the app and refresh for it to recognize some emails have already been read. Going to chalk it up to the built in mail app on this phone.

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue on WiFi sometimes. Have you notice the notifications are fine on LTE?

Posted via the Android Central App

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have this issue on WiFi sometimes. Have you notice the notifications are fine on LTE?

Just tested that now with no luck. I currently have an email showing in my inbox and in my notification panel that is read on my computer, but showing unread on my phone. So annoying.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I would love to agree, but I've gone through every setting I can find. Hopefully I'm missing something and somebody can point me in the right direction...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
As a test, turn security off (no pin, or finger print), and then send yourself an email. Read it on your computer, and then see what happens on your mobile.
(Remember when you're done, to put your security back on).

I would love to agree, but I've gone through every setting I can find. Hopefully I'm missing something and somebody can point me in the right direction...

HowardHerschberg

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have just been having this problem all emails on both my email apps (K9 and the app that came with the note 5) are scrubbing emails older than one or two hours... this is maddening ...anybody have any suggestions?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
One shouldn't hijack someone's thread.
A short answer for you, go to your email, then settings and in there, there is an option on what volume of emails to sync. Confirm that it is set correctly...

I have just been having this problem all emails on both my email apps (K9 and the app that came with the note 5) are scrubbing emails older than one or two hours... this is maddening ...anybody have any suggestions?

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problems with gmail not syncing and getting notifications as well. Seems like it happens mostly when I'm not using wi-fi. Funny thing is, I work overnights and I'm constantly streaming music through my whole shift, with no issues, other than my gmail not syncing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08