Hi there,

I am doing some research on preference for stylus vs. use of fingers, and was wondering if I could ask you all some questions!

1. Why did you choose for a Note?

2. How often do you use the stylus, and for what purpose?

3. What is the best thing about the Note?

All the best,

Niels
    02-15-2016 04:37 AM
    1. Why did you choose for a Note?.... Size and i like samsung phones

2. How often do you use the stylus, and for what purpose? .....absolutely never

3. What is the best thing about the Note?.... see #1
    Nielsandroid likes this.
    02-15-2016 06:55 AM
    1. I liked the size, and the way it felt in my hand. It seemed to conform to my hand, and thus it was\is comfortable
    2. Hardly ever. I may have used it twice, since I bought the device, back in October. And, even then, it was merely to test using it. I believe there is a thread on 'stylus uses', here on Android Central. Found a link, watch this video.
    3. To me, the size and functions available
    Nielsandroid likes this.
    02-15-2016 07:01 AM
    I can answer all three with one word: stylus.

I use it a lot, mostly for making reminder notes and lists, and just for navigating. I'm forgetful and my fingers are too fat for little bitty links and phone keyboards.

The size is larger than I'd prefer, but I can't find a small phone with such a talented stylus on board.
    02-15-2016 07:42 AM
    1. The stylus
    2. Frequently, for taking notes and navigation
    3. The stylus. It allows for precision that my big fingers cannot do.
    02-15-2016 09:07 AM
    Heres my feedback

1. Why did you choose for a Note? Because it had a bigger battery than s6 and i am comfortable with the size.Also it was a new model compared to s6

2. How often do you use the stylus, and for what purpose? Very rare. Only time i use it is to take screenshots for page where i ll have to scroll down.i never used it when i had the note 3. I try it now and then because people say it is useful but again i go back to my hands

3. What is the best thing about the Note? Note 5 is just the phone with best specs on the market . Same was the case when note 3 was released

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-15-2016 09:11 AM
    1. I chose the Note because I had an S6 Edge+, and just grew tired of it. Felt like it was a gimmick more than anything else. I wanted something similar, so I picked up the note 5.

2. Almost every day. I use it to take notes, cut and paste pics to share on social media, and to tkae screen shots and write on them.

3. Subjective, but to me the best thing about the Note is the S Pen. It is increadibly useful for every day things, and Samsung has done a great job in refining it over the years. Surprisingly, nobody has tried to duplicate this yet.
    02-15-2016 11:21 AM
    1) Because of the huge screen in a realitivly small form factor (for the screen size).

2) I very rarely use it to be honest. Mostly just to have fun editing a pic of a friend or family member, like drawing stuff on them, then sending it to them.

3) I held a friend's Note 5 and liked how it felt. The high screen to front ratio reminded me of my old beloved LG G2, but now with more ram and better processor. The fact that I got a bigger screen in a smaller device than my wife's iPhone 6s+ was the icing on the cake.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    jnew619 likes this.
    02-15-2016 01:31 PM
    1. The S Pen & it's many functions, camera, display, how it feels in use for such a large screen.

2. Constantly. Taking notes (S Note), navigating the interface, Air Command, selecting/copying text with precision, marking up photos/documents, Screen write/Smart select, Action Note (then usually Link to action).

3. S Pen & the software that has been optimized for it. The great display & excellent camera aren't far behind, though.
    02-15-2016 01:57 PM
    I am doing some research on preference for stylus vs. use of fingers, and was wondering if I could ask you all some questions!

1. Why did you choose for a Note? I like the screen size, the speed of the phone and amazing camera.

2. How often do you use the stylus, and for what purpose? Almost never

3. What is the best thing about the Note? Screen quality and camera quality
    02-15-2016 02:56 PM
    It was only a matter of time! Lol I know LG tried something like it at one time too. It just never took off.
    Nielsandroid likes this.
    02-15-2016 02:56 PM
    Quick reply! I just deleted my post because "It could be anything, but current rumors point to some kind of hybrid laptop launching as the Huawei Matebook."

Rumor says it's not a phone. Whoops! Guess I should read the whole article before posting next time
    Nielsandroid likes this.
    02-15-2016 02:58 PM
    1. Why did you choose a Note?
    Spen/stylus.

A lot. Great at cropping photos quickly and sharing (saving that crop is optional). Games. Snote. Writing on PDFs.

Spen. Otherwise it's just another large phone. And mini tablets are filling that niche.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    02-15-2016 03:12 PM
    Could you tell me a bit about why you never use the pen? It seems like there are a lot of opportunities for it!

And thanks for replying, really appreciate it!
    02-16-2016 02:29 AM
    Hi there,

All the best,

Niels
    1. Been a while since I used a Samsung device. Wanted to see for myself what was different.

2. Hardly ever. I probably could have chosen the S6 Edge+ and not noticed a difference.

3. Camera
    02-16-2016 09:35 AM
    - There's a few reasons. Samsung makes what I feel are the best phones on the market, currently, and the Note 5 happens to be the biggest of their flagships. The quality of the photos (camera), the beautiful screen (AMOLED 2K), Aesthetic design (all metal/glass), Samsung Pay (this was a big deal to me, use it all the time) and the screaming speed right out of the box are the most important features to me. No other phone can compete with all the qualities of the Note 5, except perhaps the S6 Edge+.

- I don't. It's not because I don't like it, I just haven't really been interested in using it as it does not compliment the way I use my phone. The OPTION to use it is always there, and I do like that, and perhaps someday I will make use of it.

- In addition to the features I highlighted for question #1, my favorite thing about it is the Platinum Gold color. The actual color changes slightly depending on the lighting, and it's stunning to everyone who sees it (including myself).
    02-16-2016 10:34 AM
    Hi there,

All the best,

Niels
    1. Always loved the bigger phones because i have big hands. Plus in school it was soo much easier to transport and transfer and view files. Then came all the dope *** features lol

2. Note taking and if u have a job where u have meetings and really important things are said and not repeated comes in hand. And i use it everyday thank god for scroll capture.

3. Cant really say i like alot of things samsung has done. But ill say the battery life ill changer twice all day and i know nexus and iphone users that will tell u 4 or 5 times aday not to mention fast charge changed the charging game lol. And watching movies while traveling has become easier as well.

02-16-2016 09:02 PM
    Note 4 was my first phablet or a large screen fone. And after using it for a few days i realised i am not gonna back down to smaller screen sizes ever again.
    So i chose note 5 because of its looks. Specs etc. I only use samsung devices so this was an easy choice.

Tbh i use it a few times in a day. It comes in handy to take quick notes n reminders. If i want to remind my self of smethng i take a quick action memo and stick it or pin it on to my home screen so its always there in front of me wen i use my fone.
    I also use it for ither purposes like mass selection. Selecting more than 1 photos in gallery etc or even copy text in apps like fb where u normally cant wid ur fingers. Also like the screen write feature.

Everything abt this fones great. Its hard to pick one. Camera is great display is amazing. Look n feel is the best so far on any samsung device for me.
    For me ..performance is the best thing abt it. No lags it performs well 4 gb ram is great. Over all a great device.

02-17-2016 05:58 AM