Trying it one last time! Just traded 6S Plus for the Note 5

Hectorius

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
It's actually cheaper on the long run if you get both. I just switch Sim cards when I get the itch and go about my day.

Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 6s Plus.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I always go back between the two. I love the customization of Android and the stability and reliability of iOS. Honestly if iOS would allow for customization like Android i would stay with Apple.. For now I am back on team Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I always go back between the two. I love the customization of Android and the stability and reliability of iOS. Honestly if iOS would allow for customization like Android i would stay with Apple.. For now I am back on team Samsung.

I'm with you. These are the only two devices I have gone back and forth between. Hopefully I will stick to one soon. Although I have gone a few months with my iPhone I only play around with my Note 5 sometimes.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I agree I just actually went with the Galaxy S7 edge because they brought back expanded memory, and water resistance. Plus I love the edge features. It actually optimized the edge this time and the battery life honestly isn't that bad coming from the 6s plus. I thought I might be more reserved about this choice but I am actually excited about this phone... Which hasnt happened since the note edge.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So I out the Note 5 back in the drawer this morning. I had been playing around with it for a month as I used my iPhone 6S Plus. For about a moment I was thinking that I would try it out again as my daily driver. But, alas I couldn't do it. So back in the drawer it goes. I have been putting off selling it this whole time. But I think that I will finally part ways with it. Since switching to the iPhone 6S Plus I have been content. Sure there are bugs here and there. But I'm pretty certain that those will be addressed by future updates.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I gave the 6 Plus a good 7 month run. I got real bored with it. Missed seeing temperature in the notification bar of all things. I'll say this, if you are a very busy person who values simplicity, and doesn't worry about customization and widgets, and enjoys the great notification system iOS has, then it is a good alternative. As for me I sold it in favor of the Note 5 and will not consider another iOS phone unless they change something dramatic....which seems unlikely. (BTW, I loved the Seasonality Go weather app on iOS....I wish they put it out on Android....one of the very best of it's kind I've used).

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I gave the 6 Plus a good 7 month run. I got real bored with it. Missed seeing temperature in the notification bar of all things. I'll say this, if you are a very busy person who values simplicity, and doesn't worry about customization and widgets, and enjoys the great notification system iOS has, then it is a good alternative. As for me I sold it in favor of the Note 5 and will not consider another iOS phone unless they change something dramatic....which seems unlikely. (BTW, I loved the Seasonality Go weather app on iOS....I wish they put it out on Android....one of the very best of it's kind I've used).

Be seen this theme before. I still don't understand how people get bored with smartphones that are an instant portable source of entertainment. I could never get "bored" with an iPhone. It does too much. It's too entertaining.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
"Bored" might be too simplistic of a word....I would add the 'enhancements' of widgets and auto info that is provided when I flip the phone on. On my home screen I see my schedule for the day, who my teams are playing and when, the current temp, future temp and forecast. I also change icon themes and wallpapers ALOT. This last thing keeps the phone fresh for me. Android also plays more nicely with Amazon which gets plenty of business from me. I'm glad I prefer one over the other....this is an expensive business as it is....to own both Android and Apple can be expensive. BTW I still have an iPad Air and it's a really nice device. Some people have used their phablets to replace real tablets....I'm not quite there yet.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Be seen this theme before. I still don't understand how people get bored with smartphones that are an instant portable source of entertainment. I could never get "bored" with an iPhone. It does too much. It's too entertaining.

I wouldn't say I get bored. More like complacent. You reach the end of what they can do regarding new features. I get that way with both iOS and Android.

That being said, I just used an S7 edge for a little bit. It's an awesome phone. But it's almost like TOO much is going on. I'm actually thinking pretty hard about keeping my iPhone. The 6s Plus is just a great phone. No issues and does what I want/need.

I think I have to recant my previous statements about moving to Android again. I've been on the iPhone since a week before Christmas. This is the longest I've been with one phone in 2 years. I think it should be a sign.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't say I get bored. More like complacent. You reach the end of what they can do regarding new features. I get that way with both iOS and Android.

That being said, I just used an S7 edge for a little bit. It's an awesome phone. But it's almost like TOO much is going on. I'm actually thinking pretty hard about keeping my iPhone. The 6s Plus is just a great phone. No issues and does what I want/need.

I think I have to recant my previous statements about moving to Android again. I've been on the iPhone since a week before Christmas. This is the longest I've been with one phone in 2 years. I think it should be a sign.

This is me too. I think we got ours at the same time. I'm really enjoying it. Haven't had too many issues. However, I usually don't get too interested in another device until the new Note comes out. We will see how things go down then. But if I can hold off until the fall that will be the longest stint with any smartphone in 8 years.

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm still very happy with my 6S Plus since January! Never say never but I don't see myself going back to Samsung in the near future. Loved My Note but My IPad Mini 3 fills that void for me. Everything works so smoothly and easily that I would really be crazy to switch

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This is me too. I think we got ours at the same time. I'm really enjoying it. Haven't had too many issues. However, I usually don't get too interested in another device until the new Note comes out. We will see how things go down then. But if I can hold off until the fall that will be the longest stint with any smartphone in 8 years.

Yeah. It really just gets out of the way and works. I'm hesitant to go back to Android when I see so many issues with all of the new phones. And it's so time consuming messing with every single little feature. I think I'm at a stage in my life where I don't have the time or desire to mess with it. I just want it to function as intended. I mostly use it for calls, email, texts, and pictures/videos with some social media tossed in there. The 6s Plus excels at what I use it for.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Here I thought I was the only one that switches so much between my Note 5 and iPhone 6?

I love both phones, but I use watches for both platforms. The Apple watch and Samsung Gear S.

If I was going off of watch use, the Apple watch /iPhone 6 kill it. Everything just plain works with Apple. The Strava, Activity, etc...are all so seamless compared to the Gear it's sickening.

However, I also love the Note 5 because of Swype, awesome screen and the S-pen.

I haven't used the 6S Plus yet.....

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. It really just gets out of the way and works. I'm hesitant to go back to Android when I see so many issues with all of the new phones. And it's so time consuming messing with every single little feature. I think I'm at a stage in my life where I don't have the time or desire to mess with it. I just want it to function as intended. I mostly use it for calls, email, texts, and pictures/videos with some social media tossed in there. The 6s Plus excels at what I use it for.

One thing that is really helping in my tendency to switch smartphones is that I'm less interested in everything that comes out. If I go Android, I'm going Note series every time. I'm done with Nexus devices and I'm not interested in any Sony, HTC, or LG device. So it is always between the iPhone and Note. Been rocking the iPhone 6S Plus for almost four months now. And I'm pretty sure that I'm sticking with it. I agree with the "it just works" aspect of my iPhone. But I also believe that it is extremely capable and feature rich. There are so many things I enjoy on my iPhone. I don't really have any complaints. Addiction could be disappearing.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
If I had to choose just 1 device, it would be the Note 5. However, I always have a matching watch with the device I'm using and imo the Apple watch blows away the Samsung Gear S in every way (except looks lol).

All of this makes me more confused than ever lol.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
One thing that is really helping in my tendency to switch smartphones is that I'm less interested in everything that comes out. If I go Android, I'm going Note series every time. I'm done with Nexus devices and I'm not interested in any Sony, HTC, or LG device. So it is always between the iPhone and Note. Been rocking the iPhone 6S Plus for almost four months now. And I'm pretty sure that I'm sticking with it. I agree with the "it just works" aspect of my iPhone. But I also believe that it is extremely capable and feature rich. There are so many things I enjoy on my iPhone. I don't really have any complaints. Addiction could be disappearing.

I completely agree. I tried to get rid of this phone and I just couldn't do it. I'm staying with Apple.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree. I tried to get rid of this phone and I just couldn't do it. I'm staying with Apple.

Never listen to anything I say. I can't even trust my own judgement. Sold my Note 5 and my iPhone 6S Plus. And you know what phone I kept? The one I thought I would never want to use again, the Nexus 6. Go figure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad