03-31-2016 03:52 PM
100 123 ...
tools
    Always go back and forth with Android and apple. Just traded my 6s plus for a note 5. Hoping to stick with it this time! Send me good vibes.
    02-15-2016 04:34 PM
    Good luck! Is Samsung the only Android device you use?
    02-15-2016 04:45 PM
    Usually yes. I really liked the HTC one (original) and one m8 - have tried the LG android devices. Don't really care for them. I was interested in the nexus 6p but tmobile doesn't offer it with their jump programs or installment plans so it isn't the easiest for me to get my hands on.
    02-15-2016 04:48 PM
    Roger that. I've used the LG G4, HTC One M8 and Asus Zenfone 2 briefly, but my main devices have always been moto or nexus. What makes you keep switching back and forth?
    02-15-2016 04:52 PM
    I like the stability of iOS. It always just works and is reliable. I just think it's very stale and gets boring after awhile. I love being able to change things about android and making it look the way I want it to look. I also like the way android handles email better.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    02-15-2016 04:54 PM
    I have the same problem. I was hooked on that bb passport, but I got sick of not having any apps, so kept going back and forth between iOS and BB10. I tried a Note, and I've had it for 5 months. I was all mad about the Priv running android like CRAP there goes my credit card again, but compared to this note- I I tried the prov for TWO days and it went back and I was back on my note.
    BergerKing and JHStewart1023 like this.
    02-15-2016 06:17 PM
    I like the stability of iOS. It always just works and is reliable. I just think it's very stale and gets boring after awhile. I love being able to change things about android and making it look the way I want it to look. I also like the way android handles email better.
    Exactly my opinion, too!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-2016 06:18 PM
    I was thinking about giving the Note 5 one more chance. Been playing around with it for a couple of weeks now and I still really like it. We will see what happens.
    02-15-2016 06:23 PM
    I was thinking about giving the Note 5 one more chance. Been playing around with it for a couple of weeks now and I still really like it. We will see what happens.
    Good thing is from what I remember you own both so you can switch whenever me I need to make a choice soon between the 6 plus and the note 5
    02-15-2016 07:11 PM
    I don't own both.
    02-15-2016 10:15 PM
    I don't own both.
    Me either and I'm coming to the end of the Samsung ultimate test drive promotion so I need to come to the decision soon ahhhhhhhhhh choices....
    02-15-2016 10:52 PM
    Go for it! I just did the same thing over the weekend - back on my Note
    jnew619 and BergerKing like this.
    02-16-2016 05:08 AM
    For me, it's cheaper to own both devices in the long run..

Posted via Apple 6s+ or Note 5...
    manni1to likes this.
    02-16-2016 11:28 AM
    You're probably right lol.
    02-16-2016 12:38 PM
    Exactly my opinion, too!!
    I'm in the same boat as you two! Been an Android user since 2011, only dabbling in iOS a bit here and there. Got on board with the 6s Plus back in December and have generally enjoyed it because it's reliable and I have had ZERO issues with it. But it is stale as all get out. It's virtually the same OS that was on the 4s when I first tried out iOS. Very little has changed. And I really miss being able to set up my phone how I see fit. I feel less productive swimming in a sea of apps as opposed to being able to make my home screens work for me.
    ladyc0524 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    02-17-2016 11:15 AM
    I'm starting to see some bugs in ios. We need an update soon. Still playing around with my Note 5.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-2016 07:57 AM
    Good thing is from what I remember you own both so you can switch whenever me I need to make a choice soon between the 6 plus and the note 5
    I'm in this situation, own both phones and switch back and forth, sometimes on a daily basis. I have an Apple watch so that really keeps me in the Apple camp most of the time. I have a Samsung Gear Neo to use with my Note but it doesn't come close to the Apple watch in my opinion. Thinking about picking up a Gear S2 just to try out.
    timd28 likes this.
    02-27-2016 10:44 AM
    I'm starting to see some bugs in ios. We need an update soon. Still playing around with my Note 5.
    I switched back to IOS (iPhone 6s) about the same time you did. Lately, I'm missing my Note 5. I've got T-Mobile Jump on Demand so I can go into the store and switch. I also have an iPhone 5s I can use on my other line if I need to. I just have a hard time staying away from those Galaxy Notes. Such great phones, just wish they were a little easier to carry.
    02-27-2016 12:13 PM
    I'm in the same situation right now! I've been on Androids for five or six years but something always draws me to Apple. I bought a macbook last summer so decided to switch ot iPhone for the compatibility. I picked up a 6S Plus this Monday. I like it but I'm really missing Android's OS and Google integration. I have another week to decide but I am torn between the two. Owning both isn't a financial option right now.
    02-27-2016 10:36 PM
    I loved my 6S Plus, loved the 6 Plus before that, but I still can't tear myself away from Android (Note 5 920CD)

For me and my needs, it suits me better than iOS (which is odd really as everything else I have is Apple)

Their phones just leave me cold though and prefer Android because I can 'fiddle' then lol
    02-28-2016 05:12 AM
    OP:
    The ecosystem should factor into your decision as a central thing. If you can live with iTunes and the "walled garden" that pervades everything Apple, then I guess your decision is really up to the device. Typically customization on the device then plays a bit part of these decisions. The posts in this thread bare this out.

My world is simpler. While I started out as a total Apple fan (bigot, actually) decades ago, I couldn't tolerate the Apple ecosystem over time and left the herd. Even with that said, if you where to be firmly seated in the open Google/Android world, there are so many good devices to choose from. The N5 is still tops, IMO.
    02-28-2016 09:01 AM
    I'm in this situation, own both phones and switch back and forth, sometimes on a daily basis. I have an Apple watch so that really keeps me in the Apple camp most of the time. I have a Samsung Gear Neo to use with my Note but it doesn't come close to the Apple watch in my opinion. Thinking about picking up a Gear S2 just to try out.
    The iPhone + Apple Watch combination does work quite well together. I have the Gear S, and while it is good, in my experience it is not on par with the Apple Watch. The Gear S2 being a much improved version (hardware, software) may be better, though. I've found that I will only wear the Gear S when out exercising. It's bulk is too large for me to wear to work, while I barely notice the Apple Watch while trying to type on a keyboard.

As billykac notes, think it really comes down to preference for the ecosystem, and if one can stand the constraints imposed by iOS compared to the relative flexibility provided by Android; then going with a 6S+ and iOS is a good choice in my view.
    02-28-2016 09:32 AM
    As much as I love the note 5, the 6s plus is still my primary phone. I carry around the note 5 mainly for note taking and Samsung pay. Note 5 is tethered off my 6s Plus.
    02-28-2016 10:02 AM
    What are you seeing? I definitely see some stuff with lag when unlocking.

Haven't been able to shake the Android bug yet.
    02-28-2016 04:52 PM
    What are you seeing? I definitely see some stuff with lag when unlocking.

Haven't been able to shake the Android bug yet.
    That's funny because rewind a few years, iOS would bash Android users because of "lag", now it seems Apple is the laggy one despite "superior" hardware. You can't even scroll in the Music App in iOS without frame drops...

Anywho, which phone gives you better battery? So far my iPhone 6 is winning in that department.
    02-28-2016 05:11 PM
100 123 ...