Why does all of my folders in my outlook, live.com email acct, on my phone say their empty?.

sjbarrentos

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have a windows 7 laptop, a samsung galaxy note 3 tablet, and a new samsung note 5 phone. I have multiple folders in this email acct. but when trying to open any folders on my tablet or note 5 phone, it always says there are no emails in any of my folders, that all folders are empty. And this is not accurate. On laptop, every folder on my email page opens and shows me every email message I have saved and moved to a folder. Sync is set up but since I am not very technically experienced with all of our wonderful devices we have these days, I have no idea how to fix this. Another person asked a similar question, but was calling the folders "sub folders" which I do not understand fully what that person mean't and the forum response also asked what they were referring to regarding these " sub folders". It is just all those user created folders a person sets up in one of their email accts. Mine just happens to be with my live.com email acct. So for the most part, going into my email on my android devices leaves me frustrated. I do hope someone is able to give me some advice, or direction as to how to remedy this. Surely one should be able to access their folders in their email because otherwise how could I utilize fully information I need when going from one device to another. I save a lot of important stuff by way of my many individual created folders, all alphabatized, in my email acct. Thank you so much in advance. And if it just is not possible to be able to access the folders, please let me know if that is the case. What a bummer, but at least I will finally know and quit putting sooo much energy and time into trying to open them.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just an idea, but do you have your email on your device set up as imap or pop3? Pop3 doesn't support folders where imap does. Could that be your problem?

BigRedGonzo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance