What do YOU use the S-pen for?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Using a pen/stylus for me goes back over 20 years when I owned an Apple Newton. Then I owned Palm Pilots and various other PDA's in the 90's and early 2000's.

Then Steve Jobs stood up and delivered his snarky comment about "A stylus? I have 10 of them".

Well, like other things that Jobs talked out his a$$ about, there's actually tons of reasons, awesome reasons, for using a pen/stylus. He just didn't know.

Besides taking freehand notes in meetings (hey Steve, good luck with your finger doing that), sketching design ideas is unbelievably simple, productive and fun with a pen. Also, I find navigating around the Note 5 much faster and far more accurate with a pen. This emerged over time when I found myself pulling out the pen if I knew I'd be poking around screens for a few mtinutes. It's really something you don't know you need until you get used to it. Then using your finger sort of feels like using a baseball bat (no I don't have fat fingers) when navigating around the interface.

I'd suggest that if your wondering what the pen could be used for, you should just make a habit of using it a bit, then see how well your finger works after that. I imagine everyone is different, but for me, the pen is a must.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, if you use the Spen a lot will it markup the screen?

Posted via the Android Central App

Some people have complained about it, but it's really hard to say, since there are so many variables in the mix.

I always suggest using a screen protector and in my experience, there are zero scratches on my protector, even though I use the S-Pen all the time.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I also have a screen protector just had it done today from AT&T store. but there is a halo around the edges they told me wait a few days and it should go away. I don't think that will happen

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12