What do YOU use the S-pen for?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought the note 5 mainly for the specs. Huge screen, amazing camera, and top of the line internals. I'm trying to force myself to use the s pen to take notes but I know there is so much this thing can do. What I'm looking for is use cases for the s pen.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: what do YOU use the s pen for?

Image/screen capture, annotating image/screen capture, and S-Notes are probably the main use cases for me.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

I use it for screen write and action memo mostly. If i want to put a reminder for myself i just write an action memo and pin it to my home screen so it stays infront of me.

Also when i have to select multiple images in gallery or text in places where u cant copy with ur fingers like fb app etc i use it there.

Love my Note 5

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I use it for everything. I never touch the screen with anything but the S pen.

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I use it to create really stupid things like this image. I also am a big fan of writing my text messages instead of typing. I also keep myself a to do list.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1033.jpg
    1033.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 322

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm so used to using my phone one handed that this would be difficult. However, I used the s pen to copy some diagrams off the board which was super convenient. I also use it to emphasize something in a picture.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

I also noticed that my s pen isn't quite flush with the phone. I've never inserted it backwards. Is that normal?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm so used to using my phone one handed that this would be difficult. However, I used the s pen to copy some diagrams off the board which was super convenient. I also use it to emphasize something in a picture.

If you push it in until it clicks then there is a problem

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Screen capture, screen write, copying text and pasting them from different sources and using the S-Pen rather than my fingers to navigate on my Note5.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

It clicked into place but has the slightest bit sticking out. Maybe a millimeter or two. Although as I look at it is see that it is where the phone curves. And since my case is only open on that side that is all I feel

nyx-04

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

My favourite use is Smart Select, so I can share select pictures or text directly, without having to crop! I also use it for finer control when photo editing in Snapseed.

KillerNut

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

meeting notes, screen write, smart select, (and save in scrapbook), occasional doodling, occasional regular phone operations.

I've found sending a text message and doing other things with the spen interesting.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I've been signing a lot of documents lately. It is awesome not having to print something and sign it then scan it. You simply just sign it with the pen and send back!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I use it to create really stupid things like this image. I also am a big fan of writing my text messages instead of typing. I also keep myself a to do list.

I also use it mainly to create these types of pictures. I made one with a bear in my front yard, one with a rhino in the metro parks, etc.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

It clicked into place but has the slightest bit sticking out. Maybe a millimeter or two. Although as I look at it is see that it is where the phone curves. And since my case is only open on that side that is all I feel

Mine is that way too. Think its by design, that way its easier to grab the pen edge with your nail (if the pen is not yet fully inserted and "clicked" into place).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol