Hello, charging brand new Note 5 for the first time.

Charging it from USB via PC. Is the charging time here reasonable or is there a problem with the device?
    02-19-2016 07:32 AM
    USB charging is usually slower. I would use its OEM Charger which should have Quick Charging 2.0 or if not buy a Quick Charging 2.0 plug

Hope this helps
    02-19-2016 07:36 AM
    Usb on pc takes ages. Always try to use the original wall adapter.

Love my Note 5
    02-19-2016 07:46 AM
    Ordered from the UK and it came with a 3rd party UK adapter that looks pretty cheap and I'm not sure about. For now I will stick to PC charging until I get a new option.

But do you guys think this is a normal amount of time or could there be something wrong with the device or my USB?

The USB for my previous phone had a problem a few hours ago, I believe the cable short fused because it suddenly became very hot/I could smell burning and it was glowing red. I'm just trying to make sure that didn't have any after-effect on the USB port or that the phone has an issue.
    02-19-2016 07:56 AM
    Sounds like a cheap cord.

I would make sure to buy USB cables from reputable manufactures cause it can be hard to distinguish between knockoffs and cheaps and some cheaps are actually good your phone should be OK but USB does take ages to charge things

I would get a better wall charger and USB cable ASAP and see if it runs better through that and it should

And the USB port should be OK it should only hurt the cord (which it did) and you took it out in time before the red hot got anywhere near your ports/computer unit

cheers
    02-19-2016 08:02 AM
    The USB looks like the real Samsung one. The phone and everything came in the official packaging with the seal on and all, they just included some add-on UK adapter because the samsung fastcharge one in the phone box is for US.

Anyone know how long it should take to charge via PC USB?
    02-19-2016 08:18 AM
    The USB looks like the real Samsung one. The phone and everything came in the official packaging with the seal on and all, they just included some add-on UK adapter because the samsung fastcharge one in the phone box is for US.
    Sounds like a parallelimport to me if it doesn't come with the real samsung charger for the UK plug. All my samsungs has come with a official samsung charger made specific for the danish plugs. So it sounds like Three UK is being cheapish.

But from my experience it does take several hours to charge from a PC USB port. My Xperia Z5 and my old Samsung S5 was pratically useless to charge from a PC USB since they couldn't supply juice enough for the standby use I need.
    02-19-2016 08:23 AM
    Its absolutely normal. I have just tried my original usb and im getting 2h 55mins from 48%

2h 41m remaining charging time from 51% - is this normal?-screenshot_2016-02-19-15-25-32.jpg

Love my Note 5
    02-19-2016 09:26 AM
    U dnt need to buy a uk plug then if the original 2 pin adapter is in the box. Thats how mine came as well. Well i bought it in asia so yeah. Just get a wall adapter like i have and ur good to go.
    I wouldn't use that 3rd party wall charger either. But u can just plug the 2 pin one directly in the socket using a pencil. It will be a better option than using usb with pc.
    [ATTACH]null[/ATTACH]

Love my Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails 2h 41m remaining charging time from 51% - is this normal?-20160219_153119.jpg  
    02-19-2016 09:32 AM
    Sounds like a parallelimport to me if it doesn't come with the real samsung charger for the UK plug. All my samsungs has come with a official samsung charger made specific for the danish plugs. So it sounds like Three UK is being cheapish.

But there wont be any official uk plug for it since they havent rven launched it in europe yet. Btw i didnt get what you sed about Three UK. What have they got to do with this?

Love my Note 5
    02-19-2016 09:59 AM
    Normal from the PC USB. I used to let mine charge over night
    02-19-2016 10:09 AM