Note 5 battery life sucks - How many are having to charge their phones more than once a day?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have only had my Note 5 a week, but I can't complain at all. The first night I had the phone it drained from 80% to 30% overnight and I was worried. I am still not sure what caused that, but I cleared cache and rebooted the phone and it's been great since then. I don't need it to last all day, but it does. I have left it unplugged and I go from 100% at 6am to about 25-30% at 9:30pm. That is more than enough for me. Then on top of that fast charging is crazy fast. I have a fast charger at home, work and in my car. I compared fast charging on the Note 5 to regular charging my 6s Plus and it wasn't even remotely close. I started charging my Note 5 at 50% and the 6s at 75%. The Note 5 got back to 100% and the 6s Plus was at 95%, only gaining 20% points in the same time it took the Note to move 50%. That's not to say the 6s Plus has a bad battery. It actually lasts slightly longer than the Note 5. I am just very impressed by fast charging.

Bigger batteries are always good and I hope they increase the size in the Note 6, but I have no complaints about the Note 5 at all.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have seen arguments both ways but how many are having to charge their Note 5 more than once a day? I am averaging plugging it up about 3 times a day. Literally within 4 hours of being at work and very light use the battery drops below 50%.

Flashing a custom rom solved my issue. I use to get 3.5 to 4 hours of sot now i can get 5.5 to 6 hours of sot. Orgia rom+ modified stock kernel .

Posted via the Android Central App

spatel19

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why my android system usage is so high?

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 4009.jpg
    4009.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 113

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, hopefully the Note 6 will have removable battery. I love not being tethered to a charging port.

unfamiliar96

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have a question here. Is it good to charge the note 5 battery when it reach 25-35% and charge it until 1005%? Or is it better to use 40-80 charging tactic?

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing the cache partition, things like email and weather, and location update intervals can drain battery. For email i use push, weather 3hours or more. If you reset your phone dont add all your apps back right away. By adding them slowly over a week or so you can see which one is causing drain. But after reset you should see significant improvement, before adding apps.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone warm to the touch when it's losing this much battery? Can you post a screenshot of your battery graph and stats, not from GSAM.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Since I only have one bar of signal in my building at work it kills my battery. .I have to charge it while at work. So I have a wireless charger here I sit it on for that reason.

athan_210

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Help... How to eliminate Cell Standby???

I just bought a Note 5 and wondering what app uses cell standby and how to get rid of it. Thank you

sandy river

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm always charging it at 7am in the morning. And i usually charge it again at 2pm. Do you think it's normal? And yes, I'm always using that phone either browsing or doing something else

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I went and restored my phone from a custom ROM back to stock with NONE only the preinstalled apps included on the phone from the factory. None of my apps were installed. IN just under fours hours of the phone doing NOTHING, the battery dropped to 86% with a fresh install. How is this possible?

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It's a awesome phone ,does lots ,I keep mine topped off all day ,cause I'm paranoid like that, got over the crappie battery gripe after I tried the Droid turbo 2 and was unimpressed and got the note. No regrets

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have never used the GSAM app and I was wondering if it's a worthwhile app to have installed on my phone?. Will it cause my Note 5 to have worse battery life because of it constantly monitoring battery usage? Also is it worth it to purchase the pro version? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463