Note 5 battery life sucks - How many are having to charge their phones more than once a day?

pharmacy21

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 5 battery life sux - How many are having to charge their phones more than once a day?

also could of been my weather channel app because I got rid of that as well. Used the phone all day since 8 am and am only at 72% . Great battery life now.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I usually only charge once per day, unless I am going out after work then I will top it off when I get home which is usally around the 80% mark, granted I don't use my phone much at work because it is frowned upon.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 5 battery life sux - How many are having to charge their phones more than once a day?

My Facebook app is always at the very bottom of the usage stats. It never uses more the 1% and has never been a problem for me on any of my phones.

My Note 5 dropped 2% over night.
Though in the battery stats it shows up as hardly taxing, I can assure you that the simple of act of "uninstalling" FB, G+, Instagram, and only using the mobile sites has caused my battery life to skyrocket. What I mean is after 16-17 without charging I've still got 30-40% and if I treat it nicely it estimates I could last another 12 hours.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

My Facebook app is always at the very bottom of the usage stats. It never uses more the 1% and has never been a problem for me on any of my phones.

My Note 5 dropped 2% over night.

I never have had Facebook app issues either. Always super low on the GSAM list (along with Messenger). I still removed mine though because I figured maybe something in the Facebook or Messenger app was causing my Android System reading to be sky high but nope. I really need to add those apps back.

Wish I could say the same about any overnight drain though. Usually around 10-15% overnight for me. Not sure why. I'm on wifi at home too. *shrug*

My battery life on this phone is incredibly inconsistent for having generally light, consistent usage patterns. I'm really not sure what to make of it. Whatever.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I never have had Facebook app issues either. Always super low on the GSAM list (along with Messenger). I still removed mine though because I figured maybe something in the Facebook or Messenger app was causing my Android System reading to be sky high but nope. I really need to add those apps back.

Wish I could say the same about any overnight drain though. Usually around 10-15% overnight for me. Not sure why. I'm on wifi at home too. *shrug*

My battery life on this phone is incredibly inconsistent for having generally light, consistent usage patterns. I'm really not sure what to make of it. Whatever.
I usually take my Note 5 off the charger just before I leave for work everyday. I don't get to use it for about the first two hours after I get to work. When I do get to use finally use it, the battery is usually down to somewhere between 90-90%. It seems to slow down on that drain somewhere around that rand in battery percentage.

I am using my Note Edge to do some testing in running some ROMs that have all the bloat removed. I have DOUBLED my usage on this phone as well as standby times. I am thinking of doing the same thing to my Note 5 eventually. I can leave it overnight and the battery graph looks like a straight line across when I do wake up. I think it barely loses 1% over night. Removing all that T-Mobile preinstalled garb seems to be helping.

I have owned that Note Edge for a year now and have not replaced the two batteries I alternate between each day.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have my photos set to backup only on WiFi. If there are other apps that are set or designed to sync or update over WiFi, that can consume battery. It's easy to forget about which apps are set for WiFi sync only, and if the phone is not on the charger overnight, then to be expected that would result in some phone system resource usage which in turn consumes battery.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I have to charge mine during the day too. I love this phone, except the battery. I used to have an iPhone 6s plus, and I miss the battery life, but nothing else. If the battery life was better, this phone would be perfect :(

Posted via the Android Central App

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I take it off my wireless charger at 8am and put it on at 1am with about 20% left. It's 17 hours of medium duty use. I don't play heavy games or watch movies but otherwise I use it continuously. Never need to charge during the day. No complaints here.

Posted on shiny naked titanium silver Note 5

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, battery, battery usage.

Posted on shiny naked titanium silver Note 5

Yeah I know how to check my battery usage, however I just didn't see any direct battery stat that showed screen on time. GSAM shows a screen on time but it's not in sync with my settings menu.

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I am a heavy user. Mostly via wifi, not 4g.
Sometimes I charge the phone 2 and 3 times per day.
I have an average 5.30-6 hours screen on time.

Posted via my Note5 Silver titanium

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am a heavy user. Mostly via wifi, not 4g.
Sometimes I charge the phone 2 and 3 times per day.
I have an average 5.30-6 hours screen on time.

Posted via my Note5 Silver titanium

So you are on your phone approximately 18 hours in a day lol

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my phone, heavy user, prefer it to my laptop, from 4:00 to 23:00.

I'll say one thing... thank you, you know who, for 2.0 Quick charging!

Usually, the phone gets charged during the evening while listening to music, tv, or reading.

Then it gets charged midway through the workday on the quick charge car charger.

So usually, two solid charges, from 30-40% usually to 100% or there abouts.

I don't know how long the battery will last, but in four months, it's already not keeping the same charge, as expected, as when new or nearly new.

Achilles heel of the sealed Samsungs... their sealed battery!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
with full of the charge 100% i am going to work.IN every one hour it reduces 5% of battery without using my phone and I am game lover and i am playing games continuously 2 hrs that time battery surely reduces 65%-70 of the battery drains.It's huge one and i am waiting to change the mobile

So you get to play games for two hours while at work? Playing games for two hours means that the screen is probably one most of that time, and games are resource intensive so they will draw heavily upon the Note 5's CPU, GPU and related hardware and operating system components that are required to run games. In turn that will use battery. That is normal and to be expected.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I will offer my Note 5 workweek usage pattern. I use it to check emails, text, play music (not streaming) when not in meetings, and light web browsing (on break) during the workday. Screen On (per GSAM) average is 3hrs, 5 minutes. Screen is always set to Auto Brightness. Phone is off charger @ 0530, and I'm usually at 60-65% battery left when putting back on charger around 2200. Cell signal quality is OK in my part of the building, and that probably contributes to the radios working harder than if my area was not deeper inside the building.

I think it comes down to a variety of factors including cell signal quality, screen on time, screen brightness level, location services, Bluetooth and WiFi on/off, apps running in background, and apps that are actively in use.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am dealing with the dreaded Android OS problem. My phone drains 20% overnight doing nothing. That is where the iPhone is great, I have no fear I am going to wake up with a dead phone if it is off the charger, but with the Note I cannot trust it.

I did order an edge so hopeful that Marshmallow fixes any remaining issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463