Note 5 battery life sucks - How many are having to charge their phones more than once a day?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This is my Note 5 since rooting the phone. Standby time is amazing and even with this much standby time, I'm getting 4-5 hrs screen time on it. I was using my S7 Edge most of the time last night and I had no reason to use the Note 5 much at all so it's been sitting there most of the time since 2PM Monday.

Screenshot_2016-03-22-04-09-21.jpg

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
New note 5 ATT stock non rooted owner and surprised that I unplugged last night at midnight at 100% but when I woke up at 7am it was down to 80%. All apps were closed, phone on wifi and sitting by bed. Is this normal or what's going on?

Ian B

Battery screen showed:

android OS 6%
Bluetooth 5%
Cell standby 4%
Screen 2%
Android System 1%
Google App 1%

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
New note 5 ATT stock non rooted owner and surprised that I unplugged last night at midnight at 100% but when I woke up at 7am it was down to 80%. All apps were closed, phone on wifi and sitting by bed. Is this normal or what's going on?

Ian B

Battery screen showed:

android OS 6%
Bluetooth 5%
Cell standby 4%
Screen 2%
Android System 1%
Google App 1%
Not normal. Should be above 90

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Ian B

Battery screen showed:

android OS 6%
Bluetooth 5%
Cell standby 4%
Screen 2%
Android System 1%
Google App 1%

Is normal, If the phone is new. You need at least a week to start seeing correct battery life

Posted via the Android Central App

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an AT&T Note 5 and my battery life has gotten horrible. According to GSam I have used 21% in 1h 38m. Android System seems to be the biggest battery hog culprit. I don't know why it is so horrible but my iPhone 6s Plus was never this bad and I am starting to miss the battery life on that phone. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T Note 5 and my battery life has gotten horrible. According to GSam I have used 21% in 1h 38m. Android System seems to be the biggest battery hog culprit. I don't know why it is so horrible but my iPhone 6s Plus was never this bad and I am starting to miss the battery life on that phone. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Besides Android System, what else is going on with apps running? Are Google Photos backing up, or other core Android OS activities running when you see an increase in battery consumption? I've seen that increase Android System. GSam can help provide more clues. Cell signal strength, screen brightness level, and screen on time are other factors that can influence battery life.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Besides Android System, what else is going on with apps running? Are Google Photos backing up, or other core Android OS activities running when you see an increase in battery consumption? I've seen that increase Android System. GSam can help provide more clues. Cell signal strength, screen brightness level, and screen on time are other factors that can influence battery life.
uploadfromtaptalk1459428874567.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459428878971.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459428882592.jpg

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone the way most people use their tablet or laptops. I don't think it's reasonable to expect usage like that to last forever on battery. I charge my phone whenever I want as I see no reason to see how long it can laston a single charge.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I can't see the scrolling screenshots that well. 14hrs and 4hrs screen on appears to be the average. Has Android System always been that level since you've had the phone?
Can I reset that counter in gsam because I think it might be off a bit

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I can't see the scrolling screenshots that well. 14hrs and 4hrs screen on appears to be the average. Has Android System always been that level since you've had the phone?
I don't think it's beet that high since I've gotten the phone but honestly I haven't monitored it that close until recently.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I did find it and I reset and also deleted the facebook app going to see what happens with that. I know everyone says it is a huge drain on battery so going to use the phone a few days without it and then use it again and compare. So far it seems to be quite a bit better today without it. We will see though.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Good. I don't use Facebook, so immediately disabled that. Will be interesting to see if the app was causing some of the problems.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a notable improvement in performance and battery life on the Note5 Since the marshmallow update. I'm a seriously heavy user. Also, my bluetooth range has increased about 3 more meters.

Last edited:

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Jesus, facebook is eating your battery. I use it a lot and it never takes up 31%. I would reinstall or disable and remove updates. Here's mine from today, admittedly I was only a heavy user today and not quite a power user today. My SOT was frequent but i don't know the exact I forgot to check maybe 2 hours. I was only at 3/4 brightness though before 1pm, full brightness after that. Screenshot_20160427-162427.jpg

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you all not using doze mode it should detect automatically which cuts the system into a sleep mode so that you do no get this drain overnight? I currently am on the N920C model on ATT network so it has the marshmallow update since the update I have not had any battery draining issues at night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey