03-24-2016 12:54 AM
100 1234
tools
    I'm happy with the Note 5 and I use an iPhone 6s plus as well. I'll wait for the Note 6 since it will pretty much improve upon the S7 specs anyways.
    There is no guarantee that it will improve over the S7 in any substantial way since the Note 5 didn't change SoC or camera over the S6. Industrial design was also pretty much the same with small changes.

My guess (no evidence of this) is that they will "flatten" the S7 Edge screen and make it .2" bigger, add a stylus and call it done.
    02-25-2016 02:03 PM
    I played with the S7 and S7 Edge at BestBuy today. I was not impressed with both physical and SW aspect of it. The UI is slightly faster then my Note 5, but not enough to say wow. Apps and few other thing, I think Note 5 is still hold on its own. I can't wait to see M upgrade on the Note 5, that would be a real comparison. Will I get S7, probably not. I would get good discount S6.
    02-25-2016 05:57 PM
    I preordered a s7 from Verizon. So, I heard they had demo units at best buy and I went and messed around with it.

I think I'm keeping my Note 5. Something was off about the s7. Maybe the screen size got to me? I wanted a smaller phone but then looking at the s7 it looked like a little toy.

I don't know anymore lol.
    02-25-2016 06:34 PM
    Just got my Note 5 and like it too much to switch out. So, I'll check out the S8 or Note 7 when they come out.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    02-26-2016 05:50 AM
    There is no guarantee that it will improve over the S7 in any substantial way since the Note 5 didn't change SoC or camera over the S6. Industrial design was also pretty much the same with small changes.

My guess (no evidence of this) is that they will "flatten" the S7 Edge screen and make it .2" bigger, add a stylus and call it done.
    Yeah I meant incremental improvements. Although the curved edges are intriguing I can't give up my Note 5 for an S7. It's bad enough that i have a 6s plus which has it drawbacks. If it weren't for the fact that I ran out and purchased an apple watch also, I'd probably have rid myself of it by now. Lol.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    02-26-2016 06:20 AM
    Yeah I meant incremental improvements. Although the curved edges are intriguing I can't give up my Note 5 for an S7. It's bad enough that i have a 6s plus which has it drawbacks. If it weren't for the fact that I ran out and purchased an apple watch also, I'd probably have rid myself of it by now. Lol.
    Oh so you stuck yourself in that ecosystem.
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    02-26-2016 06:48 AM
    I was tempted until I saw the amount of internal storage.. But my Note 5 will do until the Note 6 comes out.

Posted via Apple 6s+ or Note 5...
    02-26-2016 09:42 AM
    Nah.... I'll pass.
    02-26-2016 12:15 PM
    S7 edge is looks good. If the note6 is cones with sd card option and android update may be jump otherwise stay on note5

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-26-2016 01:58 PM
    What if the note 6 is 6 inches? I heard it will be and that is too big for me.
    02-27-2016 12:01 PM
    Big ole battery? 3000mah just like the note 5.

Better camera? How do you figure? Same specs and features other than the note 5 has a 16mp and edge 7 has a 12, but the focal and aperture are the same.

Smaller screen too. Only advantage I see is waterproofing, but thats no different than what my redpepper case does.
    As others stated before I got back to replying, the Edge (that I mentioned being interested in) has a 3600 mah battery. That coupled with new processor and slightly smaller screen should equal longer battery time.

As for the camera, they've switched to a different style that allows more light in during low light situations. Also switched to larger pixels. Preliminary reports are that it takes much better low light shots than Note 5 does, and supposedly slightly faster.

Don't get me wrong, the Note 5 is one hell of a device. The S7 Edge has me intrigued tho.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    02-27-2016 03:48 PM
    Well, changed my mind. I am getting a galaxy s7.

Mainly because I am getting a great deal through Verizon but some of it has to do with screen size. I didn't use the s pen as much as I thought I would. Also, using this phone with one hand really isn't that doable.

So, I'll get a 200 dollar xfinity visa debit card, 100 dollar trade in of a cheap smartphone, 100 dollar off code at checkout. Makes that 672 dollar phone down to 272.
    02-27-2016 04:52 PM
    I am torn now too. I pre-ordered an edge and just finally went and checked it out. The battery and 5.5 inch screen where what intrigued me, but it just seemed so narrow. I may have to get it to do a fair comparison.

I really wish they would release Marshmallow for the Note.
    awill68 likes this.
    02-27-2016 05:07 PM
    I bought my Note 5 a week before Thanksgiving, so I will not be getting the S7. I am satisfied with this phone for now.
    02-27-2016 07:10 PM
    I want water and dust resistance. But I'm not forfeiting the S pen or screen real estate so here's hoping the Note 6 incorporates this feature.
    debdroid1a and cwbcpa like this.
    02-28-2016 11:31 PM
    I ordered a S7 Edge on T-Mobile tonight. I should have it Tuesday. I plan on using it for work since it's smaller then the Note 5 and keep my Note 5 for the rest of the time.

I'm slowly trying to move away from wanting to use my iPhone as much as possible. I have a 6S+ and a 6S but I've never been more excited about Android as I am now. Lots of good things happening with Samsung.
    02-29-2016 01:50 AM
    Not at all.-

Posted via my Note5 Silver titanium
    debdroid1a likes this.
    02-29-2016 05:28 AM
    The s7 is a nice phone, but Im not inspired to go back to a smaller screen. Before I started using the note series I said I'd never get a large screen phone. Now I'm hooked and can't imagine going back.
    02-29-2016 10:32 AM
    Found a picture comparing the S7 Edge to the Note 5. Not a big difference in size. I'm glad I will be owning both as of tomorrow.

Note 5 Users - Are you Tempted by the S7/S7 Edge?-p1110757.jpg.jpg
    debdroid1a and Gray Area like this.
    02-29-2016 04:35 PM
    They look nice, but not tempted. Have been with the note since the note 3 and can't see myself going back to a smaller screen size or to no stylus. Besides, whatever they do on the Galaxy S lines, they tend to do more and better with Note lines. The note phones are Samsung's true high-end devices.

Curious to see the new goodies in the next note version. Anxious to see how they can improve on a device that in my opinion has been a 10 out of 10 from day 1. I have no complaints about this phone. Didn't need to wait for any updates or fixes for anything, everything worked the way it was supposed to right out of the box. it's fast, its powerful, great battery life, great screen, camera, fingerprint sensor, Wireless regular and fast charging etc.

That being said, I would never object to a faster, more efficient processor, bigger battery, return of sd card support and waterproofing. I would assume those 4 things are on tap for the notes 6. I hope they bring back the IR blaster, it was so convenient but I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® 5 on The Now Network from Sprint!
    I have also been using the Note since the Note 3 and I just got the 64 GB Note 5 on Saturday. It is truly an amazing phone! I will continue to stay with the Note series. I honestly don't care for an SD card and hope they make a 128 GB version of the Note 6 because I will be purchasing that next year. The S7 is also a beautiful device and I was tempted to buy that but I use the S Pen too much to give it up.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5
    02-29-2016 05:52 PM
    My only problem with this great phone is the internal memory, just cant pay so much for only 32GB. I know it will get full fast and i need to remove stuff cause the SD wont be usable for most apps and games. It sucks that Samsung dont make bigger models on their flagship phones.
    02-29-2016 05:59 PM
    My only problem with this great phone is the internal memory, just cant pay so much for only 32GB. I know it will get full fast and i need to remove stuff cause the SD wont be usable for most apps and games. It sucks that Samsung dont make bigger models on their flagship phones.
    They do make larger storage capacities but the 32GB is the only capacity available in the US. This is why there was only a 32GB Note 4/Note Edge.
    02-29-2016 06:01 PM
    What if the note 6 is 6 inches? I heard it will be and that is too big for me.
    I would love a Note 6 with a 6" screen provided they continue to slim down the phone as they did with the Note 5. Here's hoping.
    03-01-2016 01:33 AM
    They do make larger storage capacities but the 32GB is the only capacity available in the US. This is why there was only a 32GB Note 4/Note Edge.
    Actually, the Note 5 comes in a 64 gig model in the US. I know because I have one. I would like dual Sim cards but that is one feature I don't see coming here. Ridiculous!
    03-01-2016 01:39 AM
    Actually, the Note 5 comes in a 64 gig model in the US. I know because I have one. I would like dual Sim cards but that is one feature I don't see coming here. Ridiculous!
    I have a 64GB as well. I'm talking about the S7 and S7 Edge along with the Note 4/Note Edge being 32GB only in the US.
    03-01-2016 01:41 AM
100 1234