Note 5 Users - Are you Tempted by the S7/S7 Edge?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tempted by the new s7 and s7 edge.

Big ole battery? 3000mah just like the note 5.

Better camera? How do you figure? Same specs and features other than the note 5 has a 16mp and edge 7 has a 12, but the focal and aperture are the same.

Smaller screen too. Only advantage I see is waterproofing, but thats no different than what my redpepper case does.

As others stated before I got back to replying, the Edge (that I mentioned being interested in) has a 3600 mah battery. That coupled with new processor and slightly smaller screen should equal longer battery time.

As for the camera, they've switched to a different style that allows more light in during low light situations. Also switched to larger pixels. Preliminary reports are that it takes much better low light shots than Note 5 does, and supposedly slightly faster.

Don't get me wrong, the Note 5 is one hell of a device. The S7 Edge has me intrigued tho.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, changed my mind. I am getting a galaxy s7.

Mainly because I am getting a great deal through Verizon but some of it has to do with screen size. I didn't use the s pen as much as I thought I would. Also, using this phone with one hand really isn't that doable.

So, I'll get a 200 dollar xfinity visa debit card, 100 dollar trade in of a cheap smartphone, 100 dollar off code at checkout. Makes that 672 dollar phone down to 272.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am torn now too. I pre-ordered an edge and just finally went and checked it out. The battery and 5.5 inch screen where what intrigued me, but it just seemed so narrow. I may have to get it to do a fair comparison.

I really wish they would release Marshmallow for the Note.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I want water and dust resistance. But I'm not forfeiting the S pen or screen real estate so here's hoping the Note 6 incorporates this feature.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a S7 Edge on T-Mobile tonight. I should have it Tuesday. I plan on using it for work since it's smaller then the Note 5 and keep my Note 5 for the rest of the time.

I'm slowly trying to move away from wanting to use my iPhone as much as possible. I have a 6S+ and a 6S but I've never been more excited about Android as I am now. Lots of good things happening with Samsung.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The s7 is a nice phone, but Im not inspired to go back to a smaller screen. Before I started using the note series I said I'd never get a large screen phone. Now I'm hooked and can't imagine going back.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tempted by the new S7 and S7 Edge .

They look nice, but not tempted. Have been with the note since the note 3 and can't see myself going back to a smaller screen size or to no stylus. Besides, whatever they do on the Galaxy S lines, they tend to do more and better with Note lines. The note phones are Samsung's true high-end devices.

Curious to see the new goodies in the next note version. Anxious to see how they can improve on a device that in my opinion has been a 10 out of 10 from day 1. I have no complaints about this phone. Didn't need to wait for any updates or fixes for anything, everything worked the way it was supposed to right out of the box. it's fast, its powerful, great battery life, great screen, camera, fingerprint sensor, Wireless regular and fast charging etc.

That being said, I would never object to a faster, more efficient processor, bigger battery, return of sd card support and waterproofing. I would assume those 4 things are on tap for the notes 6. I hope they bring back the IR blaster, it was so convenient but I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® 5 on The Now Network from Sprint!

I have also been using the Note since the Note 3 and I just got the 64 GB Note 5 on Saturday. It is truly an amazing phone! I will continue to stay with the Note series. I honestly don't care for an SD card and hope they make a 128 GB version of the Note 6 because I will be purchasing that next year. The S7 is also a beautiful device and I was tempted to buy that but I use the S Pen too much to give it up.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

vampyren

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My only problem with this great phone is the internal memory, just cant pay so much for only 32GB. I know it will get full fast and i need to remove stuff cause the SD wont be usable for most apps and games. It sucks that Samsung dont make bigger models on their flagship phones.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My only problem with this great phone is the internal memory, just cant pay so much for only 32GB. I know it will get full fast and i need to remove stuff cause the SD wont be usable for most apps and games. It sucks that Samsung dont make bigger models on their flagship phones.
They do make larger storage capacities but the 32GB is the only capacity available in the US. This is why there was only a 32GB Note 4/Note Edge.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
They do make larger storage capacities but the 32GB is the only capacity available in the US. This is why there was only a 32GB Note 4/Note Edge.

Actually, the Note 5 comes in a 64 gig model in the US. I know because I have one. I would like dual Sim cards but that is one feature I don't see coming here. Ridiculous!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the Note 5 comes in a 64 gig model in the US. I know because I have one. I would like dual Sim cards but that is one feature I don't see coming here. Ridiculous!
I have a 64GB as well. I'm talking about the S7 and S7 Edge along with the Note 4/Note Edge being 32GB only in the US.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I love the size and the S pen of my Note 5, so I won't be getting the S7 or S7 edge. I will wait for the Note 6.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Wait for note 6. S-pen + bigger screen.
Also the potential for 4000 mAh battery and faster chip

Also the black on the S7/E is boring. I like the sapphire blue on the Note 5 much better

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone tempted to get the LG G5? It does look pretty tempting with the IR blaster and removable battery and possibly cheaper price including bundle back with an extra battery. If I were to replace my Note 5 I would certainly look at the G5 compared to the S7.

The Edge my beef is the price and the cases they make are harder to find as well and easier to break the screen.

The s7 is just too small. I'm so used to big screens now it would be hard to use something that small. Plus the Note 5 first perfect in my hand. Anything smaller feels uncomfortable and is harder for me to use the screen.

vampyren

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

I never ever seen anything but the rumors so starting from S2 and now there has never been anything but 16/32 in Sweden or EU (pretty sure) so again its very bad. Note5 did not even make it to EU! I was going to buy the S7 but i managed to restrain myself. I will see what other goodies come out until after summer. Also hopefully Note6 will make it to EU and uses SD and hopefully removable battery. Only then i will pay Samsung. For now my eyes are on LG and Oneplus and the next Nexus that is rumored to come from HTC. I'm perfectly happy with my LG G4 that now runs 6.0.1 :)

vampyren

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
@Blues Fan
My thoughts exactly, although i wish it came with a bigger internal memory. I prefer the G5 over S7 or S7 edge. Sure S7 edge looks nicer but i prefer the modular feature and the fact i can change the battery over pure design.It also has USB type C that is getting more popular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781