02-27-2016 06:03 PM
54 123
tools
    For me, the SD card would be important if the Note 5 only had a 32GB internal storage option. With 64GB, I have plenty of space and from what I can tell no lag at all due to having to read/write to a slower SD card.
    02-24-2016 06:45 AM
    I have no need for an SD card anymore. The cloud options are great. I travel a lot and I just download movies/tv shows that I want to watch to the phone before my flight. I have a 64g Note 5 and it's not even filled 50% so I have plenty of space. SD cards are yesterday's tech.
    debdroid1a and 2ndHalfCor like this.
    02-24-2016 07:07 AM
    I've got the 64GB version of the Note 5 and haven't needed any additional storage, in addition to some items like photos that I send to the cloud.

Now... if I had a quick charge REPLACEABLE battery... this phone would be perfect!
    Shaun Coleman likes this.
    02-24-2016 02:58 PM
    I will be upgrading to the 64GB version of the Note 5 this weekend and I don't need or want a SD card. I honestly hope the Note 6 doesn't have one as well. 64 GB is more then enough storage for me. Alot of people complained about it being removed and now are complaining because the S7 only comes with 32 GB internal memory. Some people will never be happy.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    02-24-2016 03:38 PM
    I have a 64GB Note 5, seriously, 32GB would have been fine. Media isn't one of my focal points, its email and browsing really...
    02-24-2016 06:12 PM
    I will be upgrading to the 64GB version of the Note 5 this weekend and I don't need or want a SD card. I honestly hope the Note 6 doesn't have one as well. 64 GB is more then enough storage for me. Alot of people complained about it being removed and now are complaining because the S7 only comes with 32 GB internal memory. Some people will never be happy.

I think you are on to something here. With 32GB internal storage, the OS takes ~ 10.97, rounded up to 11GB, leaving approx 21GB for apps, media, email. I remember having to micromanage internal storage on the Note 2 (only 16GB - and not able to move apps to SD).

Not an experience I want to repeat, but if forced to I could probably micromanage storage usage and get by with 32GB. I'm not opposed to SD cards, just don't want to deal with the lag that came with external SD cards in the past. If newer external SD card and internal phone interface have advanced enough to eliminate lag, then my concerns could end up being resolved. We will see once the Note 6 is available
    02-25-2016 06:30 AM

I just picked up a 64gb Note 5 and I'll grab on of these just in case. No worries here.
    JohnnytheK and faith3935 like this.
    02-25-2016 06:45 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...5f3e329054.jpg

I just picked up a 64gb Note 5 and I'll grab on of these just in case. No worries here.
    I have one and it works great. I have a 32gb chip for backups, and a smaller one for my docs and pics.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-25-2016 08:59 AM
    Well, well, it seems that Samsung have listened and thus caved, to the masses, and now offering an SD Card slot, on the new S7\S7 Edge.
    But, the question I have to Note 5 owners & users, is an SD Card slot, compulsory?

With Cloud storage being offered by multiple online companies, how important is an SD Card option?
    The answer is OBIVOUS!

It is NOT IMPORTANT TO NOTE 5 USERS, for the simple fact they purchased the Note 5 which doesn't have SD support!
    Your question is CATCH 22.

That question could be CORRECTLY ANSWERED by the HORDES OF USERS who didn't buy Note 5!!
    Shaun Coleman likes this.
    02-25-2016 11:22 AM
    Micro SD card is very important especially if you have to reset your device or carry alot of media. I had to reset my Note5 twice and it was a huge pain in the arse! (>_<) Cloud is okay but it requires a data connection, me personally I much prefer Micro SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    02-25-2016 04:35 PM

So you are stating that 64gb is OKAY for YOU, and you hope the Note 6 doesn't have sd support!

I don't even have to comment on your statement just letting it hang out there , people will be able to see that statement for what it is!
    02-25-2016 05:31 PM
    So you are stating that 64gb is OKAY for YOU, and you hope the Note 6 doesn't have sd support!

I don't even have to comment on your statement just letting it hang out there , people will be able to see that statement for what it is!
    I don't see much wrong with it? He said for him 64 GB works so he doesn't want / need more so therefore the SD card doesn't matter. I take that more as he wants bigger internal storage options versus just tossing an SD card at everything.

I share the same opinion. I would rather more internal storage. I have had an SD card in the past corrupt on me (I backup everything so not a "huge" deal) but still the fact that it did that made me not want to use them anymore. I just use internal now.
    Shaun Coleman and sweetypie31 like this.
    02-25-2016 05:39 PM
    The answer is OBIVOUS!

It is NOT IMPORTANT TO NOTE 5 USERS, for the simple fact they purchased the Note 5 which doesn't have SD support!
    Your question is CATCH 22.

That question could be CORRECTLY ANSWERED by the HORDES OF USERS who didn't buy Note 5!!
    Well said. External SDCard support was good but does you nothing if it's damaged or phone lost, all is gone. This restriction could have done good to get people to backup their content. Plus i also would rather have the 64gb
    Then restricted to a smaller standard.

Removable battery is the only thing to question. That's the thing that makes you know it won't last forever. My Note 2 still a secondary going strong with fresh batteries to make it run at no end or as long as the hardware allows!
    02-25-2016 06:53 PM
    Nope, not important and not needed to me. I never used it on my previous Galaxy devices neither.
    02-25-2016 08:07 PM
    I use Google music so no music stored and my photos are backed up to Google every night on wifi automatically. I have no photos at all in my phone,, any pics I take I delete out of my phone within 24 hours.. Google is great,, you can search for your photos by date,, take me 10 secs to find any photos I took let's say last March 14..pretty cool.
    02-26-2016 06:53 AM
    I think the device runs better without the sdcard. Transferring data from the internal storage to my PC or external HD is definitely faster.

I don't put any personal data in the cloud and as previously mentioned, the cloud doesn't help if you have a bad signal.
    I have plenty of music on my phone, all of my pics and videos, even a few movies and I still have 23GB free.
    02-26-2016 08:00 AM
    I personally don't need it, but the good thing about android is, choices... At least we have some.

Posted via Apple 6s+ or Note 5...
    02-26-2016 09:41 AM
    With the announcement by Samsung that they have are now commercially producing 256 GB SSD chips and that they will be in there future top end phones I don't want any SD cards slowing my phone down.
    02-26-2016 01:31 PM
    Yes I rather have more options for internal storage then have a SD card. If the Note 5 came in a 128 GB version then I would be purchasing that. I hope the Note 6 has a 128 version because I will buy that next year.

02-26-2016 02:40 PM
    I think you are on to something here. With 32GB internal storage, the OS takes ~ 10.97, rounded up to 11GB, leaving approx 21GB for apps, media, email. I remember having to micromanage internal storage on the Note 2 (only 16GB - and not able to move apps to SD).

Not an experience I want to repeat, but if forced to I could probably micromanage storage usage and get by with 32GB. I'm not opposed to SD cards, just don't want to deal with the lag that came with external SD cards in the past. If newer external SD card and internal phone interface have advanced enough to eliminate lag, then my concerns could end up being resolved. We will see once the Note 6 is available
    The OS actually takes up 7.5 GB on my Note 4. I have plenty of apps installed on my phone and still have 20 GB of free space. If people didn't complain about the lack of the expandable storage the S7 would have 32, 64 and 128GB versions. For the average consumer 32GB is plenty of storage especially with expandable storage.

02-26-2016 02:50 PM
    The OS actually takes up 7.5 GB on my Note 4. I have plenty of apps installed on my phone and still have 20 GB of free space. If people didn't complain about the lack of the expandable storage the S7 would have 32, 64 and 128GB versions. For the average consumer 32GB is plenty of storage especially with expandable storage.

In one year, I've never even come close to filling up that remaining space on my 32GB Note 4/Note Edge. Both of my phones have SD cards in them so pictures are automatically saved to the card and any music or videos I have had on the phone, I placed on the card.

I still have 19.10 GB free on my Note 4.
    02-26-2016 02:53 PM

Yes last time I checked I'm allowed to have my own opinion. I can afford to buy a Note 6 if it comes in a 64 GB or 128GB version. If the Note 5 had a 128 GB version then I would probably be purchasing that. 64 GB is enough storage for me but I would prefer a 128GB version of the Note 6 when I purchase it next year.

02-26-2016 02:57 PM
    Yes last time I checked I'm allowed to have my own opinion. I can afford to buy a Note 6 if it comes in a 64 GB or 128GB version. If the Note 5 had a 128 GB version then I would probably be purchasing that. 64 GB is enough storage for me but I would prefer a 128GB version of the Note 6 when I purchase it next year.

I have a 64GB Note 5 and for me, that will be entirely enough space to last forever.

The fact that the S7 now has an SD card slot but is only available in a 32GB version here in the US tells me that the Note 6 will be the same way, 32GB only. You ill have to use SD cards if you want more space. The Note 4/Note Edge from last year were the same 32GB capacities.
    02-26-2016 03:00 PM
    I have a 64GB Note 5 and for me, that will be entirely enough space to last forever.

The fact that the S7 now has an SD card slot but is only available in a 32GB version here in the US tells me that the Note 6 will be the same way, 32GB only. You ill have to use SD cards if you want more space. The Note 4/Note Edge from last year were the same 32GB capacities.
    How do you like your Note 5? I'm getting mine tomorrow

02-26-2016 03:06 PM
    It's a good phone but I can't seem to get more than two hours of screen time out of it over a full day. Other than the battery, it is still the best phone that I have ever owned. There is no screen better then the latest Note 5/S7 phones.

I found a theme that I actually like that doesn't make the phone look like a kids toy and I've been having a little fun experimenting with fonts for the first time.
    02-26-2016 03:21 PM
54 123