02-27-2016 06:03 PM
54 123
tools
    I think the device runs better without the sdcard. Transferring data from the internal storage to my PC or external HD is definitely faster.

I don't put any personal data in the cloud and as previously mentioned, the cloud doesn't help if you have a bad signal.
    I have plenty of music on my phone, all of my pics and videos, even a few movies and I still have 23GB free.
    Good points, and it is all about CHOICES.

Because I don't use the CLOUD or have any need for the CLOUD, I am not going to say, "I hope they don't offer the cloud anymore"..

I have over 110 gb of FLAC music files, and videos on my sd card. Also, most of the time, I am in a location where there is no connection, so the cloud wouldn't help me. I ran into one corrupt sd card, fixed that with "chkdsk (drive letter)/fix" and old dos command. I used Sandisk and haven't even got close to a problem.
    I recall when a famous person said "nobody will ever need over 640k of RAM" :-)

I also wish the makers would make 128gb versions ready available. However, that is not the case. One would be hard put to find a 64gb version, furtherless a 128. I came over to the Note Series when it was like pulling eye teeth to just get a 32 gb S4!!

Off Topic for a second. :-)
    In my sub-culture, I was real life pool shooter. :-)
    However, I was an expert at pool games that didn't have spectator appeal so you don't see them on TV.
    I was a master at "point pool and one-pocket"..IMO, real boring to watch, but requires a lot of skill.

Back On Topic:

Great responses from all.
    02-26-2016 07:24 PM
    Heck yes. I got a 32GB model because it was missing. At 3 months, i am already getting "your device is nearly full" warnings. I miss my 64GB card for movies, pics, etc. Cloud storage isn't real useful on an airplane, or when you are paying overseas data rates.
    02-27-2016 09:59 AM
    Off Topic for a second. :-)
    In my sub-culture, I was real life pool shooter. :-)
    However, I was an expert at pool games that didn't have spectator appeal so you don't see them on TV.
    I was a master at "point pool and one-pocket"..IMO, real boring to watch, but requires a lot of skill.

Back On Topic:

Great responses from all.
    I didn't get into the various pool games, I played 8-ball in different leagues and tournaments for about 10 years. I eventually grew tired of traveling to different bars every week, keeping score, keeping track of the money, scheduling which of the 5 out of 8 guys were going to shoot that week, etc. It became more of a job.
    02-27-2016 10:05 AM
    Not really. I would PREFER a phone that allows me to run an SD card, but I make do without it. 64 GB seems to be enough for all my music, photos, off-line GPS maps (copilot, and Navigon) and documents stored locally. And total usage, including system and bloatware is 24 GB. I do not, nor will I use cloud storage for movies or photos.
    02-27-2016 06:03 PM
54 123