Note 5 Users - Is SD Card Important?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: SD Card

I can open them through Dropbox but it takes extra steps to get there. Would prefer a gallery app that opens directly to my photos. Have tried a couple with no luck and the developers don't respond.

Are you talking about just access to photos? I use Google photos and have had no issue with it plus I have access to all the photos via Google Drive also.

Posted via the Android Central App

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Uh, this may be a dumb question but how/where do you plug a flash drive into a phone? I don't have a port it would fit in.

Good question. You don't plug it into your phone. You plug it into your laptop, tablet and use their App to access your files when synced to the drive after it's charged.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I prefer larger internal sd (i use otg to transfer pics and other files) however I like the idea of a bigger battery and water resistance. In fairness though I only have a note 3 so the 5 and 7 edge both look great to me.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Uh, this may be a dumb question but how/where do you plug a flash drive into a phone? I don't have a port it would fit in.
There are special flash drives called on the go drives with normal usb on one side and micro plug for phone on the other. It works in your phone and computer like any other flash drive. You can copy pics, files, anything saved on your phone to a computer quickly and easily. It is much easier than transferring sd cards.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I know im going to sound like the 27year old 60 year old but yes plays a major part on my devices. I got something like 21days of music and dont really like Pandora so being able to hit shuffle and play everything past and present is great for me. Plus i take alot of work trips so its great to be able to have enough space for a movie or 2 on my phone Plus audio books. My storage has looked like this since i had to b the camera man for xmas and new years....

Attachments

• 7076.jpg
    7076.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 88

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
For me, the SD card would be important if the Note 5 only had a 32GB internal storage option. With 64GB, I have plenty of space and from what I can tell no lag at all due to having to read/write to a slower SD card.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have no need for an SD card anymore. The cloud options are great. I travel a lot and I just download movies/tv shows that I want to watch to the phone before my flight. I have a 64g Note 5 and it's not even filled 50% so I have plenty of space. SD cards are yesterday's tech.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've got the 64GB version of the Note 5 and haven't needed any additional storage, in addition to some items like photos that I send to the cloud.

Now... if I had a quick charge REPLACEABLE battery... this phone would be perfect!

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I will be upgrading to the 64GB version of the Note 5 this weekend and I don't need or want a SD card. I honestly hope the Note 6 doesn't have one as well. 64 GB is more then enough storage for me. Alot of people complained about it being removed and now are complaining because the S7 only comes with 32 GB internal memory. Some people will never be happy.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I will be upgrading to the 64GB version of the Note 5 this weekend and I don't need or want a SD card. I honestly hope the Note 6 doesn't have one as well. 64 GB is more then enough storage for me. Alot of people complained about it being removed and now are complaining because the S7 only comes with 32 GB internal memory. Some people will never be happy.

I think you are on to something here. With 32GB internal storage, the OS takes ~ 10.97, rounded up to 11GB, leaving approx 21GB for apps, media, email. I remember having to micromanage internal storage on the Note 2 (only 16GB - and not able to move apps to SD).

Not an experience I want to repeat, but if forced to I could probably micromanage storage usage and get by with 32GB. I'm not opposed to SD cards, just don't want to deal with the lag that came with external SD cards in the past. If newer external SD card and internal phone interface have advanced enough to eliminate lag, then my concerns could end up being resolved. We will see once the Note 6 is available :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
ef22a6c363c87187f847a05f3e329054.jpg

I just picked up a 64gb Note 5 and I'll grab on of these just in case. No worries here.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, well, it seems that Samsung have listened and thus caved, to the masses, and now offering an SD Card slot, on the new S7\S7 Edge.
But, the question I have to Note 5 owners & users, is an SD Card slot, compulsory?

With Cloud storage being offered by multiple online companies, how important is an SD Card option?

The answer is OBIVOUS!

It is NOT IMPORTANT TO NOTE 5 USERS, for the simple fact they purchased the Note 5 which doesn't have SD support!
Your question is CATCH 22.

That question could be CORRECTLY ANSWERED by the HORDES OF USERS who didn't buy Note 5!!:D

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Micro SD card is very important especially if you have to reset your device or carry alot of media. I had to reset my Note5 twice and it was a huge pain in the arse! (>_<) Cloud is okay but it requires a data connection, me personally I much prefer Micro SD card.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

So you are stating that 64gb is OKAY for YOU, and you hope the Note 6 doesn't have sd support!

I don't even have to comment on your statement just letting it hang out there , people will be able to see that statement for what it is!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So you are stating that 64gb is OKAY for YOU, and you hope the Note 6 doesn't have sd support!

I don't even have to comment on your statement just letting it hang out there , people will be able to see that statement for what it is!

I don't see much wrong with it? He said for him 64 GB works so he doesn't want / need more so therefore the SD card doesn't matter. I take that more as he wants bigger internal storage options versus just tossing an SD card at everything.

I share the same opinion. I would rather more internal storage. I have had an SD card in the past corrupt on me (I backup everything so not a "huge" deal) but still the fact that it did that made me not want to use them anymore. I just use internal now.

Shaun Coleman

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The answer is OBIVOUS!

It is NOT IMPORTANT TO NOTE 5 USERS, for the simple fact they purchased the Note 5 which doesn't have SD support!
Your question is CATCH 22.

That question could be CORRECTLY ANSWERED by the HORDES OF USERS who didn't buy Note 5!!:D

Well said. External SDCard support was good but does you nothing if it's damaged or phone lost, all is gone. This restriction could have done good to get people to backup their content. Plus i also would rather have the 64gb
Then restricted to a smaller standard.

Removable battery is the only thing to question. That's the thing that makes you know it won't last forever. My Note 2 still a secondary going strong with fresh batteries to make it run at no end or as long as the hardware allows!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Google music so no music stored and my photos are backed up to Google every night on wifi automatically. I have no photos at all in my phone,, any pics I take I delete out of my phone within 24 hours.. Google is great,, you can search for your photos by date,, take me 10 secs to find any photos I took let's say last March 14..pretty cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol