Bought a "Brand New" Galaxy Note 5 from eBay...but I am not sure that it is actually new

kingredfire

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I am new to this forum. I just got my brand new Galaxy Note 5 from this seller called "232tech" he seems like a good seller with lots of sales. But I open the SEALED package to find the USB cable is not neatly wrapped like in many unboxing videos. I also found a piece of hair in my box. And I also want to know how to activate my free goodies from Samsung Life but it's the SEA variant and I don't live there. My model is the August 2015 batch.​

ielement v2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bought a "Brand New" Galaxy Note 5 from eBay...

Was the original samsung seal(sticker) on both sides of the package broken?
As these devices get hand packed theres a slight chance of a hair getting inside the box I think. They wear hair nets but you never know.
I got a chinese model from ebay myself and i was very sceptical when i received the box. It didnt look genuine to me. That glitter stuff looked really cheap, but it turned out to be a real device :)

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bought a "Brand New" Galaxy Note 5 from eBay...but I am not sure that it is actually new

I've heard that some sellers open the box and check that all things are in place (I don't really know if that's a REAL STORY but....). If it works and has no dents or scratches, I'd just call it a day and keep it- it's an awesome phone.

geoffjam78

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bought a "Brand New" Galaxy Note 5 from eBay...but I am not sure that it is actually new

I heard finding a hair is good luck...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

No good luck is a REAL Samsung on ebay.

ielement v2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

No good luck is a REAL Samsung on ebay.

Haha you're right :-\ I was really lucky then... there was a 50/50 chance of a scam, you never know if they send you a Stone instead of a phone

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Worse yet a Chinese "duplicate" that fools you for a few weeks.

ielement v2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

naaah... mine's genuine.. the build quality, software, s-pen, camera etc. ... Overall I think it's very hard to fake an s-pen :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38