I'm looking for a minimal (e.g., small and inexpensive) power bank for my Note 5. Having heard good things about Anker, I searched and found this one on Amazon:

Anker PowerCore+ mini 3350mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger (3rd Generation, Premium Aluminum Power Bank)

(I'm not allowed to post links yet.)

Description says "Recharges in 3-4 hours with a 1 amp adapter (not included)" -- where do I get a 1 amp adapter? I'm guessing it's the thing you plug into a wall socket and connect via a USB cable, right?

Also open to suggestions if there are other power banks I should be considering in addition to the Anker.

Thanks.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-2016 04:23 PM
    You can use the stock charger from the note 5.

Those Anker ones are pretty decent.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-2016 04:29 PM
    Quick Charge 2.0 Power Bank-CHOE 15600mAh(Apple Lightning Charging Port)Portable External Battery Fast Charger for Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, Nexus 6 and more(Quick Charge Input and Output) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZCGLBT6...cUvbUpU5020233

This one works great and has fast charging.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-2016 09:15 PM
    02-28-2016 12:47 PM

Stock chargers (for our Samsung S3, S6, and Note 5) tend to go missing in my house. Likewise the Samsung USB cables. I think I need to buy another wall charger, as well as a Samsung-type cable -- is that called a data cable? -- that's necessary for transferring photos to computer. I've tried generic USB cables, and only the Samsung cables will work, but there must be other compatible cables, right?

Found these chargers on Anker Amazon:

Anker 24W 2-Port USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug and PowerIQ Technology

and

Anker 24W Dual USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with Foldable Plug

I can't determine the difference(s) between the two chargers. I do like the idea of a charger with two USB ports.

I'm also seeing a lot of Anker USB cables, but I don't know which one(s) have the same data transferring capabilities as the Samsung cables.

Any suggestions about which Anker charger to get, and which cable? Thanks.
    02-28-2016 11:35 PM
    Can power banks adjust the input voltage when being charged from a wall outlet? I will be traveling to Australia, and I've been reading about how they have different voltage outputs from US. I've checked all my wall adapters/charging equipment and they are all rated for 100-240 V (US is 120 and AU is 240 I think). But since neither of my power banks came with a wall/travel adapter, I'm wondering if power banks are made differently for different countries' output voltages? Just to be clear, this is referring to voltage conversion and not the shape of the outlet/plug. I know I will need a plug adapter. Sorry for going off topic, but I figure someone in the thread will know the answer.
    02-29-2016 12:47 AM
    Stock chargers (for our Samsung S3, S6, and Note 5) tend to go missing in my house. Likewise the Samsung USB cables. I think I need to buy another wall charger, as well as a Samsung-type cable -- is that called a data cable? -- that's necessary for transferring photos to computer. I've tried generic USB cables, and only the Samsung cables will work, but there must be other compatible cables, right?

Found these chargers on Anker Amazon:

Anker 24W 2-Port USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug and PowerIQ Technology

and

Anker 24W Dual USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with Foldable Plug

I can't determine the difference(s) between the two chargers. I do like the idea of a charger with two USB ports.

I'm also seeing a lot of Anker USB cables, but I don't know which one(s) have the same data transferring capabilities as the Samsung cables.

Any suggestions about which Anker charger to get, and which cable? Thanks.
    Any of those would be fine to charge the power bank. It only needs 1a input anyways, so just about any recent smartphone charger would work. And any microusb cable would work. The ones you mentioned would be fine
    02-29-2016 09:58 AM
    Can power banks adjust the input voltage when being charged from a wall outlet? I will be traveling to Australia, and I've been reading about how they have different voltage outputs from US. I've checked all my wall adapters/charging equipment and they are all rated for 100-240 V (US is 120 and AU is 240 I think). But since neither of my power banks came with a wall/travel adapter, I'm wondering if power banks are made differently for different countries' output voltages? Just to be clear, this is referring to voltage conversion and not the shape of the outlet/plug. I know I will need a plug adapter. Sorry for going off topic, but I figure someone in the thread will know the answer.
    So long as the charger lists 110/220 (240) 50/60hz then you would be fine using it to charge the power bank in a 240v area
    02-29-2016 10:00 AM
    So long as the charger lists 110/220 (240) 50/60hz then you would be fine using it to charge the power bank in a 240v area
    Ok thanks!
    02-29-2016 10:21 AM
    Any of those would be fine to charge the power bank. It only needs 1a input anyways, so just about any recent smartphone charger would work. And any microusb cable would work. The ones you mentioned would be fine
    Thanks for your input. Bought the Anker gizmos, took 'em on vacay, and they worked great.
    03-18-2016 03:18 PM
    I use this one. Works well.

Viivant

Portable Charger Slim and Fast - 5,000 mAh - 2.1A Dual USB Ports for Cell Phones and Tablets - External Battery Power Bank - Universal USB Compatibility - Aluminum (Grey)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XB...cUvbUpU5071814
    03-19-2016 11:07 AM
    Anker 10500+ power pack, Anker 3 and 6 ft cables, Anker 2.0 Fast charger.

Used all three this morning. Excellent combo!
    03-19-2016 05:52 PM
    03-20-2016 01:53 AM
    03-20-2016 10:39 AM
    Link does not work.
    Thanks, I'll see if I can get one that does!
    03-20-2016 05:02 PM