Can I bypass the lock screen entirely with trusted places/devices on a note 5?

ToeNipples

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I use trusted devices to keep the phone unlocked when in my car or using my bluetooth headphones and I was wondering if there was a way (or an app) to bypass the lock screen entirely while connected to those devices as opposed to simply not requiring a fingerprint.

What I want is to be able to press the home button or power button and be instantly taken to my home screen without having to swipe (or slide) to unlock.

I could swear this functionality used to exist with the "no lock" app, but now it just takes me to the lock screen when enabled albeit without the need to enter a password/pattern/pin/fingerprint.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! What happens if you go to Settings>Lock Screen & Security>Screen Lock Type, and select None, but keep Smart Lock on?

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You need to choose Fingeprints in order for Smart Lock to even show up. It disappears when you choose none. I too am annoyed by that feature. Though I suppose it helps to reduce any accidental (pocket) dialing. I did a little more digging and came upon this thread, https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS6/comments/33xpvw/smart_lock_with_no_lockscreen_swipe/, with no answers in it either. The S-View case will bypass lock screen if you are trusted via Smart Lock. I have that case but don't use it much. Too "fingerprinty".

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it is either. I tried to do the same thing for a while on my S6 Edge Plus with no success. The Nexus 6P does this OOTB, so it's strange that Samsung purposely modified AOSP Android and didn't leave an option to revert back.

Posted via the Android Central App