Note 5 vs. Note 4. vs S5

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the S5 since last May and while it's a great phone, I'd like to have something newer. I was considering the Note 4, but then I was really enjoying the Note 5 when I was playing with it at the store recently. My number one major concern is the battery life. I've heard mixed things about the battery life on the Note 5. I usually get through about a day or so without having to charge my S5. I do use it quite a bit, but I'm not a power user who relies on it for a business or work or such.

I have T-Mobile so they can be quite pricey, but the the Note 5 is 50 dollars off right now. And sadly I believe they discontinued the Note 4 recently because it's no longer available on their website except under certified pre-owned. If I really wanted to could probably find it cheap unlocked on amazon or ebay, but the Note 5 is so tempting...

So what do you guys think? Should I go with the Note 5 over these other phones? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 in my opinion. Not really close. I was addicted to the Note 4, had an external charger and changed batteries at least 3 times every 24 hours.

But now when I pick up my Note 4 (which is quite often as I use it to cast videos to my TV) it feels like a brick.

Because of the fast charging I've adjusted to the 5. Still miss the absence of the IR blaster and mhl capability but the lack of lag on the device is a worthy tradeoff.

Several months ago I checked Verizon on the price of a new Note 4 and was shocked that they hadn't dropped the price. That might have changed but with some of the discounts I've seen recently the 5 can be found cheaper than what I originally paid for the 4.

In conclusion, the lighter thinner profile of the 5 and the absence of lag make it a no brainer for me. Others may disagree.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad