Can I flash another country's 6.0.1 Rom ?

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I live in Thailand and my international unlocked version SM-N920C has yet to receive Android 6.0.1. Meanwhile next door in Cambodia Samsung pushed out 6.0.1 rom for the same model N920C as mine. Can/should I flash a rom from there? Its already on Sammobile website and required ODIN to flash. Also wanted to ask it is not necessary to root the phone to install official samsung rom right?

I'am really tired of waiting for samsung to move their a... and release, in Cambodia it released almost 2 weeks ago. They keep pushing the date further and further away.

Is there any difference between roms of different countries even if model and region is the same?

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes u can flash other countrys firmware providing its the same model. Which is the same in ur case.

And no u dnt need root to flash an official firmware.

I remeber flashin lollipop on my note4 when it was available in a diff country but if i didnt do tht i wouldav had to wait like 2 n half months before lollipop came to UK. Im glad i did that.

Smetimes the languagws r different in dif regions firmware. But u shudn have any probs wid it.

Love my Note 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci