Why is my Galaxy Note 5 ringing, but not showing anyone calling?

raines80

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy Note 5 ringing, but not showing anyone calling

My Galaxy Note 5 started to ring and when I attempted to answer the call the phone didn't show anyone was calling. It just showed the usual home screen. I went into the call log and it doesn't show anyone called. This started happening yesterday and has happened 5 times since. Each time the ringing lasts different lengths. It has even happened while I was already on a call.

I haven't changed my ringtone since I got the phone so I don't think this is the issue. I had not downloaded any new apps prior to the issue. I am sure some of the apps I currently have on my phone have updated at some point during this issue... so they might be a problem, but they are normal apps. None of them should be causing this.

I have also checked to make sure my phone is completely up to date.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 5 ringing, but not showing anyone calling

Not sure what to suggest other than backing up all data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 5 ringing, but not showing anyone calling

Someone could have hacked your Gmail account and is using android device manager. Or playing a prank. Brother/sister maybe. Just a thought

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T