The last couple of days, my Note 5 gives me an error "Touchwiz is not responding. I have started it in safe mode and get the same error. It happens when I exit an app, or even leave the app drawer or settings screen. I have not tried a factory reset yet, but will if that is what I need to so. Anyone else experiencing this error, or have a fix for it?
    03-02-2016 09:28 AM
    The last couple of days, my Note 5 gives me an error "Touchwiz is not responding. I have started it in safe mode and get the same error. It happens when I exit an app, or even leave the app drawer or settings screen. I have not tried a factory reset yet, but will if that is what I need to so. Anyone else experiencing this error, or have a fix for it?
    But does TW continue to work?
    I too have been getting error messages that "TW has stopped working" but in fact it has not. These messages are random and never have I had to do anything to the phone, not even a power down/reboot.
    You may wish to do a "clear cache" operation and see if that helps.
    03-02-2016 10:34 AM
    My ATT note 5 has been doing the same as well over the last 3 or so days. Not sure what is going on.
    03-02-2016 10:36 AM
    I have cleared the partition cache as well as the app cache.

It does after a short freezing of the phone start to work again. Last night, it was after every app was backed out of. the screen would freeze, and the background would go black. I could still access the screen to do a close all on the apps, but that didn't make a difference in how quickly the TW would give the error and then recover working.
    03-02-2016 10:41 AM
    I have cleared the partition cache as well as the app cache.

It does after a short freezing of the phone start to work again. Last night, it was after every app was backed out of. the screen would freeze, and the background would go black. I could still access the screen to do a close all on the apps, but that didn't make a difference in how quickly the TW would give the error and then recover working.
    I have never seen this on my Verizon Note 5 so I am no help it seems.
    03-02-2016 10:47 AM
    And, I am also on the Verizon Note 5. My wife is on the Verizon Note 5 and has had no issues at all. Just strange. This morning, it has been fine after an app cache clear.
    03-02-2016 11:30 AM
    Consider using another launcher. I've been on Nova for a year and haven't looked back. For free options, consider the Arrow launcher. TW is just too buggy for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-02-2016 01:02 PM
    Consider using another launcher. I've been on Nova for a year and haven't looked back. For free options, consider the Arrow launcher. TW is just too buggy for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Interesting. In my personal case I have used a number of launchers to see if they are better than TW on the Note 4 and not Note 5. I always come back to TW because it is optimized and feature rich for use of the S Pen. Since I never do anything on my phone including unlocking it without using the S Pen I therefore always return to TW. And except for a very few quirks like that mentioned above I have never had an issue with the operation of TW.
    03-02-2016 09:11 PM