04-18-2016 07:59 PM
487 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Has anyone figured out how to remove the quick connect from the pull down notification menu? It wasn't there before 6.0 on the Verizon variant

Posted via the Android Central App
    Assuming it's the same as the s7 just pull the shade down all the way and there's an option to ditch it. It will still show when the shade is pulled all the way down, but not in the first pull down.
    03-07-2016 12:56 PM
    How do I do that ? I would prefer not to reset again .. my corporate stuff is tough to get set back up

I disabled the factory weather app which had use age as high on the battery and went back to weather time line. Let's see if that fixes it
    6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5-6609.jpg

This doesn't reset anything. It also took a few days to "settle in" and battery improved after that if you just recently updated.
    03-07-2016 12:56 PM
    How do I do that ? I would prefer not to reset again .. my corporate stuff is tough to get set back up

I disabled the factory weather app which had use age as high on the battery and went back to weather time line. Let's see if that fixes it
    I suggest you setting the factory weather app to manual only so you can press the refresh button whenever you want the updated weather. This is what I do.

Also for cache clearing, it won't affect your corporate or other data. That's why it's cache. Go to Settings -> Storage -> click on Cached data and then Delete.
    03-07-2016 01:08 PM
    • There's a new persistent "clipboard" manager change that is very welcome. Now, whenever you long press over a text input box, one of the options is "clipboard" which allows you too see and interact with past copy/paste items.
    I noticed this too. And while at first I was happy with it, I became less enthusiastic when I saw that it displays passwords from password managers in plain text. Granted my passwords are gobbledygook random strings, and my device is protected by an initial lockscreen mechanic, I'm still not entirely happy those passwords are readable.
    03-07-2016 02:22 PM
    I noticed this too. And while at first I was happy with it, I became less enthusiastic when I saw that it displays passwords from password managers in plain text. Granted my passwords are gobbledygook random strings, and my device is protected by an initial lockscreen mechanic, I'm still not entirely happy those passwords are readable.
    Lmao, really? Wow what a faillll!
    03-07-2016 02:28 PM
    I suggest you setting the factory weather app to manual only so you can press the refresh button whenever you want the updated weather. This is what I do.

Also for cache clearing, it won't affect your corporate or other data. That's why it's cache. Go to Settings -> Storage -> click on Cached data and then Delete.
    This may also help, but different than wiping system cache. I'd try both, won't hurt anything and may fix some things.
    theonecid likes this.
    03-07-2016 02:35 PM
    Hello folks that have update. My biggest Note 5 issues with Lollipop are below.
    Does Marshmallow address/fix any of them?

• phone dialer doesn't render properly in landscape - can't get at all the buttons
    • google voice / ok google could not get past swipe to unlock even with trusted voice in trusted location
    • DND doesn't disable LED, flashes all night long
    • wireless charging doesn't work with usb otg in use
    • phone often lags after screen on/unlock - usually doing location
    03-07-2016 02:41 PM
    Lmao, really? Wow what a faillll!
    Yep. I use the Safe In Cloud password manager which has a Clear Clipboard option so passwords self destruct. But with Samsung's (not Marshmallow) built in clipboard manager, it unintentionally saves those passwords, because after the clipboard is cleared the manager still has it. I would imagine that it would happen with any password manager app.
    03-07-2016 02:44 PM
    Yeah, that is a big Fail. I long press those entries and delete them. Dumb for sure. Hey but other than that, what a great feature! Perhaps they could add, in an update, the ability to use fingerprint to access that clipboard.
    03-07-2016 02:53 PM
    Yeah, that is a big Fail. I long press those entries and delete them. Dumb for sure. Hey but other than that, what a great feature! Perhaps they could add, in an update, the ability to use fingerprint to access that clipboard.
    What would be better is if the Samsung clipboard manager had a trigger that the Password Manager developers could use that blocked saving it to the clipboard manager.
    03-07-2016 03:00 PM
    What would be better is if the Samsung clipboard manager had a trigger that the Password Manager developers could use that blocked saving it to the clipboard manager.
    I'm actually surprised that is not the case, it seems like that would be a standard for password handling.
    03-07-2016 03:12 PM
    Is there any way to force wifi calling besides turning off mobile data? The signal at my work place is very weak, bouncing back and forth between 3G/1X with 1 or 2 bars. It only seems to use wifi calling when mobile data is turned off. Does SMS messages come through on wifi too?
    03-07-2016 04:56 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the phone to stop asking if I allow something with every single app I open. It didnt use to do that for everything. Its annoying. Almost as bad as UAC on Windows
    03-07-2016 06:04 PM
    Is there any way to force wifi calling besides turning off mobile data? The signal at my work place is very weak, bouncing back and forth between 3G/1X with 1 or 2 bars. It only seems to use wifi calling when mobile data is turned off. Does SMS messages come through on wifi too?
    These are both great questions. I would like to know the answer as well.
    03-07-2016 06:30 PM
    not sure if this was already mentioned. But, you can now manage app permissions in application manager. This was missing in Lollipop and now it's back!.
    03-07-2016 07:44 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the phone to stop asking if I allow something with every single app I open. It didnt use to do that for everything. Its annoying. Almost as bad as UAC on Windows
    That's the app permissions feature of marshmallow. It'll pop up for every app, no matter what.

03-07-2016 10:14 PM
    That's the app permissions feature of marshmallow. It'll pop up for every app, no matter what.

Yeah but it'll do it just once.
    Just the first time an app needs a certain permission. After that the permissions can be managed through the settings.
    03-07-2016 10:30 PM

Ah. Didn't know it was a new thing with marshmallow. I do still think there is an issue with WiFi. I was looking at it last night. It seems to look for a network a lot even while connected. I turned it off while at work yesterday. After I got home it went from 2pct to 17pct in the hours I was there before bed. Still a big chunk in a short time.
    03-08-2016 06:46 AM
    Deleted
    03-08-2016 07:40 AM
    I know mileage may vary but I've noticed that fingerprint recognition is faster.
    That was the first thing I noticed. I thought it was fast before but now it's super fast!
    03-08-2016 07:54 AM
    Now that MM has been running very well on my N5 (I did a factory reset) and all of my required apps are installed and running for days now, I figure this is a good time to reinstall Package Disabler Pro and dump all of the bloatware. I didn't want to do this immediately - I wanted to confirm that all is well on the MM front. Prior to MM, I used PDP conservatively to chuck everything from VZW, all the obvious bloat, and some Samsung stuff I'd never use. I found that it has worked great on the N5, making my battery last way beyond a day for me.

So, have any of you chucked the bloat yet with PDP?
    Any issues doing so with MM?
    raccoondeb likes this.
    03-08-2016 08:00 AM
    Now that MM has been running very well on my N5 (I did a factory reset) and all of my required apps are installed and running for days now, I figure this is a good time to reinstall Package Disabler Pro and dump all of the bloatware. I didn't want to do this immediately - I wanted to confirm that all is well on the MM front. Prior to MM, I used PDP conservatively to chuck everything from VZW, all the obvious bloat, and some Samsung stuff I'd never use. I found that it has worked great on the N5, making my battery last way beyond a day for me.

So, have any of you chucked the bloat yet with PDP?
    Any issues doing so with MM?
    I disabled some things immediately, I did not do a factory reset.
    03-08-2016 08:07 AM
    I disabled some things immediately, I did not do a factory reset.
    Using PDP or the manual, app-by-app way?
    03-08-2016 08:15 AM
    Using PDP or the manual, app-by-app way?
    PDP
    03-08-2016 09:07 AM
    I'm liking the update so far, I have one issue. about the time when placing a call the phone ask's if i want to use sim card 1 or sim card 2. I have the remember box checked, yet I continually get the message. anyone else experiencing this or have a solution.

thanks
    03-08-2016 11:20 AM
487 ... 1112131415 ...