04-18-2016 07:59 PM
487 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    RE: "I had the same problem, what worked for me was to uninstall updates for Google Play Services, then update. That took care of the issue for me. "

Thanks. When I try that, I get the following screen:

Attachment 219181

Any thoughts?
    Press manage device administrators and turn them off, then uninstall updates. After that then turn administrators back on.
    03-09-2016 06:06 AM
    Thanks!
    03-09-2016 07:24 AM
    6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5-6615.jpg

So this is what happened overnight without touching the phone. Will a factory data reset fix this? If so, does anyone know if smart switch is working yet?
    03-09-2016 08:06 AM
    Well, I used Package Disabler Pro last night, chucking VZW, some Sammy apps and all the other obvious crapware, and I hope to see longer battery life, as some of these apps were showing up under battery stats as sources of battery usage. Plus, it just feels good to chuck that crap.

I also have my fingerprint access straightened-out (I complained about this earlier in this thread) but it took quite a bit of setting, resetting, unsetting, resetting. I've been an Android owner from the start and I have never been so perplexed over how to get a simple feature to work the way I expect.

That said, I can now predictably use fingerprints to unlock my device (after it's been restarted/started), which is great, but I constantly get the "Select Keyboard" dialog once my fingerprint is recognized. What's up with that??
    03-09-2016 08:14 AM
    If anyone else was wondering, smart switch for pc was able to recognize and backup phone for me today
    03-09-2016 10:01 AM
    Phone is still silk. Samsung browser is CRAZY fast. Battery life ends 10%-15% higher than before the update.
    03-09-2016 10:14 AM
    New problem this morning. Had the update for 4 or 5 days. Today, I'm getting the message "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" like every 30 seconds. SMS using stock messenger app seems to be crashing on opening. Reboot didn't help. Am I going to have to factory reset?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2016 10:38 AM
    After the update I'm having a wifi issue. Certain apps hang up on wifi, mainly google maps and the play store. The play store is prompting me to update about 25 apps. If I try to update all or update individually, I just get a scrolling line that the first one has started but it will never start the download. If I turn wifi off, it will update them over the VZW network.

I can browse the internet on Chrome very fast on wifi. I can even dual screen the play store while it attempts to download and then surf in chrome at the same time.

Anyone else experiencing this? I did do a full factory reset after the update.
    03-09-2016 11:07 AM
    After the update I'm having a wifi issue. Certain apps hang up on wifi, mainly google maps and the play store. The play store is prompting me to update about 25 apps. If I try to update all or update individually, I just get a scrolling line that the first one has started but it will never start the download. If I turn wifi off, it will update them over the VZW network.

I can browse the internet on Chrome very fast on wifi. I can even dual screen the play store while it attempts to download and then surf in chrome at the same time.

Anyone else experiencing this? I did do a full factory reset after the update.
    I just now ran into an app that when I try to use it says no Internet connection, it's not the Internet because I'm using it for posting this. Not exactly the same problem and I've only noticed it with the one app so far. I do see some slowness in other apps, like loading threads in this one.
    03-09-2016 01:12 PM
    I just now ran into an app that when I try to use it says no Internet connection, it's not the Internet because I'm using it for posting this. Not exactly the same problem and I've only noticed it with the one app so far. I do see some slowness in other apps, like loading threads in this one.
    It's apparently an issue with my WiFi network. I tried at a friend's house and everything updated fine. Weird!
    03-09-2016 01:29 PM
    It's apparently an issue with my WiFi network. I tried at a friend's house and everything updated fine. Weird!
    That is odd, can't at all figure out why this one app says no Internet connection
    03-09-2016 01:36 PM
    Is anyone having a problem applying a font not pre-installed of the phone?
    babygirl0419 likes this.
    03-09-2016 01:52 PM
    In a direct a/b comparison with yesterday (same locations, same usage), my N5 battery is doing better after disabling that pesky crapware with Package Disabler Pro. Like at least 20% better.

Also, anyone else using fingerprints to unlock their N5's getting that PIA "Select Keyboard" dialog every time you use your fingerprint??
    03-09-2016 02:09 PM
    Ok I've fund the app that was causing the "location found" error and deleted it. All i have left is the screen taking up so much battery .. any way to fix that ?
    03-09-2016 03:14 PM
    Is there any way to force wifi calling besides turning off mobile data? The signal at my work place is very weak, bouncing back and forth between 3G/1X with 1 or 2 bars. It only seems to use wifi calling when mobile data is turned off. Does SMS messages come through on wifi too?
    anybody?
    03-09-2016 03:50 PM
    anybody?
    Put your phone in Airplane Mode, then re-enable WiFi. It essentially does the same thing.
    03-09-2016 04:51 PM
    Im beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my phone. Everyone is saying they got better battery life after update but mine is worse. WiFi eats up more battery now that before. So odd.
    03-09-2016 06:58 PM
    Im beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my phone. Everyone is saying they got better battery life after update but mine is worse. WiFi eats up more battery now that before. So odd.
    My N5 on MM is starting to really extend battery. It took a couple of days and shutting down crapware.
    There are so many variables that can dramatically affect battery life, that it's virtually impossible to compare one owner to another. The fact that WIFI is using more battery than before (if everything in your life has remained exactly the same as the point in time you are using as reference) shouldn't be the case.

Here's just one huge variable: did you do a factory reset after upgrading to MM?
    03-10-2016 10:00 AM
    Is there a lot of people seeing battery drain issues after the update? I am very skeptical about updating if there is a ton of people who are experiencing this. I guy I work with updated and was noticing battery drain issues.
    03-10-2016 01:07 PM
    After a couple of days, mine has improved. I did do a Factory reset though.
    03-10-2016 01:29 PM
    Of course I can't answer for anyone else but I've not had any battery drain issues after updating. As a matter of fact, my battery life has increased. Tuesday I charged it to 100% before going to bed and then unplugged it to see what kind of battery drain I would have overnight, in the morning around 0600 I checked the phone and it had only dropped 7%. I ran it the rest of the day until last night around 11:30 and it was still going strong.
    03-10-2016 01:54 PM
    I have a battery drain problem after the update and after doing a full wipe/reset. Stats shows the Android OS as the top battery user.
    I'm thinking it's an app thats causing this since I pretty much loaded same apps after the reset. I'll have to uninstall one by one to see what's causing the drain. P.I.T.A.
    bassjo likes this.
    03-10-2016 02:03 PM
    My battery life is MUCH better after the update. Part of the reason I rushed to do the update is how poorly my battery was performing on lollipop. I should have done a full factory reset months ago. I did the update and then reset. Last night the phone drained 6% overnight in about 8 hours. Much better than before.
    03-10-2016 04:22 PM
    Too many people don't understand how the reported battery consumption works. If you see a jump in percentages, it's not that those services are eating more. It's because other aspects are eating less. Those percentages are relative consumption, not linear.
    scassel, hub1, billykac and 3 others like this.
    03-10-2016 04:59 PM
    My N5 on MM is starting to really extend battery. It took a couple of days and shutting down crapware.
    There are so many variables that can dramatically affect battery life, that it's virtually impossible to compare one owner to another. The fact that WIFI is using more battery than before (if everything in your life has remained exactly the same as the point in time you are using as reference) shouldn't be the case.

Here's just one huge variable: did you do a factory reset after upgrading to MM?
    Yes I did a factory reset.
    03-10-2016 05:19 PM
487 ... 1314151617 ...