04-18-2016 07:59 PM
487 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Something to watch for if you're a Fingerprint user. You will be prompted to choose a password/pin/pattern as a backup. Make sure you set a new one even if you had one before, because apparently the old backup password didn't survive the update (though the fingerprint data did survive).

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-04-2016 02:06 PM
    Anyone else having WiFi issues or the "Update Google Play services" notification popping up after each reboot?

My WiFi connects, but internet won't work over WiFi. Tried clearing cache partition, forgetting network, etc.

Edit: seems to be working fine on my 5ghz network, but not 2.4hz. On to troubleshooting the modem.

Edit 2: So freaking odd, I read up on this and found the following: "It’s been known that the Galaxy Note 5 authentication error can be fixed by turning off the “Bluetooth” while the WAP is enabled, since this will change the frequency on how the both wifi and Bluetooth interacts with one another. Adjusting this should be able to solve the error with the Note 5 Authentication Error problem." Well, I turned off Bluetooth (which was not connected to anything), reconnected to the 2.4ghz network. Works now.

Edit 3: Well, even odder. My WiFi will not work when my Bluetooth toggle is on. Once I toggle off, it works just fine.
    03-04-2016 02:12 PM
    Anyone else having WiFi issues or the "Update Google Play services" notification popping up after each reboot?

My WiFi connects, but internet won't work over WiFi. Tried clearing cache partition, forgetting network, etc.
    I didn't have any Wifi issues. As for the "Update Google Play Services", just tap the notification and it will automatically go to the Play Store and begin the update.

03-04-2016 02:17 PM
    anyone activate the system ui tuner yet? it does not seem to work getting it to activate.
    03-04-2016 02:25 PM
    I got it a few hours ago . Everything looks great! Oh, and btw, the cell standby bug that occurs when wifi is on, has been fixed. I strongly suspect it was happening because of Wifi calling. The code was probably present this whole time, but lollipop just didn't have the feature. EDIT: nm, its back....
    03-04-2016 02:51 PM
    The only thing I don't like so far is that when using power saving mode, which I do, there is a constant notification on the lock-screen and on the notification bar. Previously, it was just a notification in the drop-down menu which I did not mind.
    babygirl0419 likes this.
    03-04-2016 03:14 PM
    The only thing I don't like so far is that when using power saving mode, which I do, there is a constant notification on the lock-screen and on the notification bar. Previously, it was just a notification in the drop-down menu which I did not mind.
    If someone know, you could get rid of it off the notification panel using the system ui tuner. BUT, the regular MM hold the gear icon does not work. Does anyone know how to activate this menu on a note 5 with MM?
    03-04-2016 03:21 PM
    I got it about an hour ago

03-04-2016 03:35 PM
    I just realized that auto brightness is now adjustable. I don't think you could do that before on the Verizon note 5.

Carlo Villa likes this.
    03-04-2016 03:38 PM
    Verizon update in NJ. No problems encountered.
    droidman2177 likes this.
    03-04-2016 03:39 PM
    Got update earlier. Did a wipe cache partition. Did NOT want to do darn factory reset.

The finger print and passwords had to be re-done. Messages and emails working, thank goodness!

I'll continue to use business wise and see how Marshmallow performs.

It appears as if these updates are getting better. Hope I didn't jinx anything.
    droidman2177 and Carlo Villa like this.
    03-04-2016 03:48 PM
    I can't be sure yet, have only given it 30 minutes, but the update may have fixed my wi-fi issues. Before, my phone would disconnect from wi-fi and instantly reconnect all the time. Hasn't done it since update, yet......
    03-04-2016 04:01 PM
    The direct dial widgets are back! I missed those!

So far everything looks to be working fine. I did not do a factory reset, just the install and wiped the cache partition.

I keep finding little differences, so far i like it.. and a lot of that ugly orange is gone!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    03-04-2016 04:10 PM
    The direct dial widgets are back! I missed those!

So far everything looks to be working fine. I did not do a factory reset, just the install and wiped the cache partition.

I keep finding little differences, so far i like it.. and a lot of that ugly orange is gone!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    I wiped cache partition before, does it make more sense to do it after? So far I can tell a difference and it's all good so far. Seems a lot snappier to me, smoother.
    03-04-2016 04:15 PM

Edit: seems to be working fine on my 5ghz network, but not 2.4hz. On to troubleshooting the modem.

Edit 2: So freaking odd, I read up on this and found the following: "It’s been known that the Galaxy Note 5 authentication error can be fixed by turning off the “Bluetooth” while the WAP is enabled, since this will change the frequency on how the both wifi and Bluetooth interacts with one another. Adjusting this should be able to solve the error with the Note 5 Authentication Error problem." Well, I turned off Bluetooth (which was not connected to anything), reconnected to the 2.4ghz network. Works now.

Edit 3: Well, even odder. My WiFi will not work when my Bluetooth toggle is on. Once I toggle off, it works just fine.
    Nope, everything's working just right
    03-04-2016 04:16 PM
    And if anyone can test the update out against Gear VR that would be great!
    yes, it said install VR apps the first 2 times i connected, then after the second disconnect the VR app popped up on my phone and said to install....
    after that it worked???
    03-04-2016 04:26 PM
    Weather seems to be missing from my lock screen. Anyone else have this problem?
    03-04-2016 04:35 PM
    What is the deal with the ad blocker I've read about? Is it available on Verizon? How do you turn it on? Where is it? I can't find it anywhere
    03-04-2016 04:39 PM
    Weather seems to be missing from my lock screen. Anyone else have this problem?
    deleted, wrong info
    03-04-2016 04:42 PM
    I just tried it out. WiFi calling works. This will be great for those times where I had not cell service but free WiFi was available.

03-04-2016 04:46 PM
    Loving it so far. Is there a way to disable air command when pulling out the Spen?
    03-04-2016 05:02 PM
    6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5-6576.jpg

Settings/ spen
    Mayze likes this.
    03-04-2016 05:09 PM
    03-04-2016 05:09 PM
    What is the deal with the ad blocker I've read about? Is it available on Verizon? How do you turn it on? Where is it? I can't find it anywhere
    Play Store. Adblock Fast I think is the name.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    03-04-2016 05:26 PM
    Play Store. Adblock Fast I think is the name.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    Thank you. I didn't know you needed an app, thought they were just updating the browser to do it. On a side note, I was going to thank you in ac app, but all of the sudden the note 5 section was missing. Am I blind or is something odd happening?
    03-04-2016 05:53 PM
487 ... 23456 ...