04-18-2016 07:59 PM
487 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I can now talk on my Huawei watch and verizon updated the note 5 first, this is a good week!
    Trees likes this.
    03-05-2016 06:46 AM
    My screen is also above 50%, but other things have went down quite a bit so I don't know if the screen is using more power or just a higher percentage because other things are using less. I'm at over 4 hours sot with 20% battery remaining, so about the same as before the update. I'll have a better idea tomorrow.
    It should be substantially better on standby that's where you'll notice a difference

Posted via the Android Central App
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-05-2016 06:56 AM
    It should be substantially better on standby that's where you'll notice a difference

Yes. I agree 100%. I notice a big improvement.
    03-05-2016 07:35 AM
    What is the deal with the ad blocker I've read about? Is it available on Verizon? How do you turn it on? Where is it? I can't find it anywhere
    Devin

You have to download the adblock fast in the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.adblockfast) once you install then go to the new internet (not chrome) but samsung internet browser once there go to more, settings,advance,block content, then toggle the switch on and make sure Adblock Fast is selected.
    Devin Doucet and badgerfrisch like this.
    03-05-2016 07:51 AM
    I updated this morning, and my phone has been randomly rebooting all day. I cleared the cache and that didn't seem to help. I can't seem to uninstall any apps and I'm unable to view or send any text messages with any of the apps I've tried. The stock app just shows "Refreshing..." when trying to view my message list.

Any ideas other than a factory reset?
    Did you get those problems sorted out?
    03-05-2016 07:58 AM
    Ever since updating my wifi connection is extremely slow!! I'm not sure how to fix it. I have done the "forget network" I've rebooted and restarted nothing is working.
    Is that problem still happening? Could have been due to the phone settling in, or a temporary situation with the particular WiFi network, or its connection out to the internet.
    03-05-2016 08:04 AM
    Devin

You have to download the adblock fast in the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.adblockfast) once you install then go to the new internet (not chrome) but samsung internet browser once there go to more, settings,advance,block content, then toggle the switch on and make sure Adblock Fast is selected.
    Thank you. How well does it work?
    03-05-2016 08:05 AM

I actually noticed a big drop in battery used by phone radio and a smaller one used by apps. Don't know if this is due to them using less or they are less percentage wise because something else used more. Didn't have any standby time yesterday, so maybe I'll know more after today
    03-05-2016 08:09 AM
    My wifi network tends to be really slow when I have Bluetooth on with this update.
    03-05-2016 08:24 AM
    I updated this morning, and my phone has been randomly rebooting all day. I cleared the cache and that didn't seem to help. I can't seem to uninstall any apps and I'm unable to view or send any text messages with any of the apps I've tried. The stock app just shows "Refreshing..." when trying to view my message list.

Any ideas other than a factory reset?
    Ok you said you clear the cache are you talking about wiping your cache (power off, then while the phone is off, hold menu, volume up and the power button all together. scroll down to wipe cache). If you already perform this then before you try factory resetting you may want to try safe mode. (How to boot Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in Safe Mode, wipe Cache Partition, perform Master Reset, etc - The Droid Guy) This will determine if one of your apps is causing the random reboots, once in safe mode check to see if your phone is still rebooting without your apps being install in safe mode. If your phone is still randomly rebooting this means that the marshmallow OS is not settling on your phone. You would have to factory reset your phone in order for the OS to settle and for all of lollipop OS to clear off your phone.

Make sure your sync is turned on and back up everything before you factory reset your phone!!!!
    03-05-2016 08:32 AM
    Thank you. How well does it work?
    So far good, pages load real fast now!
    Devin Doucet likes this.
    03-05-2016 08:34 AM
    I wiped cache partition. Did all the safe mode troubleshooting. No dice.

I finally resorted to a full wipe. Lost all my texts, and will lose several hours of my life logging back into all my apps, but everything seems to be functioning properly now.

03-05-2016 08:45 AM
    I wiped cache partition. Did all the safe mode troubleshooting. No dice.

I finally resorted to a full wipe. Lost all my texts, and will lose several hours of my life logging back into all my apps, but everything seems to be functioning properly now.

Try the verizon message+ it can restore text messages, all of your text may not be lost. Even if you were using a different messaging app, it can still restore your text message.
    03-05-2016 09:13 AM
    After I updated I did a factory reset. While setting my phone back up I downloaded an app to change the font. It says that its not supported. Its the same app that I used before marshmallow. Now every other font app says not supported. Can anyone help?
    03-05-2016 09:57 AM
    For those new to Android, and Samsung in particular, the Smart Switch app (Kies for older Galaxy/Note models) can be used to backup the phone. The backup can be configured to save select items, or all items like text messages, photos, music, calendar, etc. I made a full backup this morning before updating to MM, and have a calendar reminder to backup weekly.

This weekly backup is in addition to having photos synced to Google Photos, and important documents and files also saved to Google Drive. I also copy photos/videos from my Note 5 to my Windows 10 system in the Pictures folder.

Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music & More
    dsignori and NJJim like this.
    03-05-2016 09:59 AM
    After I updated I did a factory reset. While setting my phone back up I downloaded an app to change the font. It says that its not supported. Its the same app that I used before marshmallow. Now every other font app says not supported. Can anyone help?
    You can change the font in settings/display and wallpaper/font. From there you can download other fonts from Samsung without using a 3rd party app.
    babygirl0419 likes this.
    03-05-2016 10:19 AM
    Why do a factory reset unless it's absolutely necessary? Just wondering. 😊
    03-05-2016 10:47 AM
    Why do a factory reset unless it's absolutely necessary? Just wondering. 😊
    I've been the phone with VZ Tech since the update which caused my screen usage to jump sky high and battery drain quickly, with a very clean phone with two clear cache partitions done and safe mode operating.

All I've heard from VZ reps and 'leadership supervisor' is... DO A FACTORY RESET! DO A FACTORY RESET!

For once, I'd like to see an update from Samsung-Google-Verizon come in cleanly!

Marshmallow is running ok in other areas. It's the darn battery drain and obscene screen usage that came with Marshmallow.

I recognize others have no problems... that's good!

Btw... it takes me a few solid hours after a FACTORY UPDATE to get all the settings, email protocols, etc al loaded and running correctly.
    03-05-2016 11:06 AM
    Does anyone know anything about the new Doze mode and are there settings for it or is it already set to this under MM?
    03-05-2016 11:40 AM
    Does anyone know anything about the new Doze mode and are there settings for it or is it already set to this under MM?
    It's just a "behind the scenes" thing in Marshmallow that's always on. And it's awesome. My 0hone used to lose 20-30% battery overnight. I lost 7% last night.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-05-2016 11:45 AM
    It's just a "behind the scenes" thing in Marshmallow that's always on. And it's awesome. My 0hone used to lose 20-30% battery overnight. I lost 7% last night.

-Shawn
    Oh ok thanks for quick response!
    sforsyth01 likes this.
    03-05-2016 11:46 AM
    I've been the phone with VZ Tech since the update which caused my screen usage to jump sky high and battery drain quickly, with a very clean phone with two clear cache partitions done and safe mode operating.

All I've heard from VZ reps and 'leadership supervisor' is... DO A FACTORY RESET! DO A FACTORY RESET!

For once, I'd like to see an update from Samsung-Google-Verizon come in cleanly!

Marshmallow is running ok in other areas. It's the darn battery drain and obscene screen usage that came with Marshmallow.

I recognize others have no problems... that's good!

Btw... it takes me a few solid hours after a FACTORY UPDATE to get all the settings, email protocols, etc al loaded and running correctly.
    I have had my phone off of the charger for 25 mins... 20 my screen has been on. It days 100% battery usage is screen. This is EXACTLY what I would expect it to say. After I set it down for 20 mins it would likely fall to 80% or so. The screen does have to be off for its percentage do lessen, or you have to turn on other power hogging things. Sounds to me the screen usage issue is a non-issue. Just my opinion.

-Shawn
    hub1 likes this.
    03-05-2016 11:51 AM
    I had to do a factory reset to get mine to stop pulling from multiple "themes" it was very buggy but I've had no issues since took about an hour overall, transferred all my data to my s5 and then just transferred it back after

Except I can not apply a custom font anymore
    babygirl0419 likes this.
    03-05-2016 12:04 PM
    Try the verizon message+ it can restore text messages, all of your text may not be lost. Even if you were using a different messaging app, it can still restore your text message.
    Even though I had message+ disabled before the update, it did restore some of my texts once enabled in marshmallow. Strange that it was still backing up my texts even though I had disabled the app as soon as I got my Note...

I had years of texts saved that I always backed up and restored when switching phones, but I access my texts with any app after the marshmallow update. No idea why I always saved so many, but I don't really miss them now that they're gone.

03-05-2016 12:09 PM
    You can change the font in settings/display and wallpaper/font. From there you can download other fonts from Samsung without using a 3rd party app.
    I've tried. Still get the same message.
    03-05-2016 12:14 PM
487 ... 56789 ...