6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon’s Galaxy Note 5 is Getting Its Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update

I have it now installed and without a factory reset it seems to be working fine. It will take a bit of getting used to the visual and physical changes but my initial impression is that I like it.

anon(6121713)

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Will downloading this via 4G (not wifi) count against my verizon data plan? I've seen very conflicting reports.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Will downloading this via 4G (not wifi) count against my verizon data plan? I've seen very conflicting reports.

I don't think it will let you download unless you are on wi-fi...

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and installed. So far I can't really tell much of a difference to be honest. There's a flashlight shortcut in the menu now.

I also have played around with Now on Demand. That is a pretty cool addition.

Everything seems to be working just fine though.

Posted via the Android Central App

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it will let you download unless you are on wi-fi...

I downloaded it over LTE at work just now. I looked at my data usage and I don't think it counted.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded it over LTE at work just now. I looked at my data usage and I don't think it counted.

It will count. It just doesn't update that fast.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded and installed. So far I can't really tell much of a difference to be honest. There's a flashlight shortcut in the menu now.

I also have played around with Now on Demand. That is a pretty cool addition.

Everything seems to be working just fine though.

Lol....I don't have the update.....but I already have the flashlight. I am on TMobile so it will probably be next year before I get the update lol.

SFGiants 2010

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
so far so good...it's only been a few hours, so this is in no way guaranteed, but standby drain during the first 4 hours has been fantastic.

Down only 9% with 40 minutes of SOT

Seismic Worm

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone who has installed this update confirm for us whether the Gear VR still works with the Note 5?

This is the only thing holding me back from going ahead with the installation of the Marshmallow update.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to remove the quick connect from the pull down notification menu? It wasn't there before 6.0 on the Verizon variant

mari dub

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hwre is one thing that I thought we wefe not going to get via the update... Idk whybi would ever want to turn off fast charging but i have the option... Great job Big red for keep the update original.

Galaxy Note 5 and what not

Attachments

• 13970.jpg
    13970.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 287

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to remove the quick connect from the pull down notification menu? It wasn't there before 6.0 on the Verizon variant

Pull down the notification tray. Tap the drop arrow to expose all the shortcuts. Tap edit. Toggle Quick Connect.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Something to watch for if you're a Fingerprint user. You will be prompted to choose a password/pin/pattern as a backup. Make sure you set a new one even if you had one before, because apparently the old backup password didn't survive the update (though the fingerprint data did survive).

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having WiFi issues or the "Update Google Play services" notification popping up after each reboot?

My WiFi connects, but internet won't work over WiFi. Tried clearing cache partition, forgetting network, etc.

Edit: seems to be working fine on my 5ghz network, but not 2.4hz. On to troubleshooting the modem.

Edit 2: So freaking odd, I read up on this and found the following: "It’s been known that the Galaxy Note 5 authentication error can be fixed by turning off the “Bluetooth” while the WAP is enabled, since this will change the frequency on how the both wifi and Bluetooth interacts with one another. Adjusting this should be able to solve the error with the Note 5 Authentication Error problem." Well, I turned off Bluetooth (which was not connected to anything), reconnected to the 2.4ghz network. Works now.

Edit 3: Well, even odder. My WiFi will not work when my Bluetooth toggle is on. Once I toggle off, it works just fine.

Last edited:

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having WiFi issues or the "Update Google Play services" notification popping up after each reboot?

My WiFi connects, but internet won't work over WiFi. Tried clearing cache partition, forgetting network, etc.

I didn't have any Wifi issues. As for the "Update Google Play Services", just tap the notification and it will automatically go to the Play Store and begin the update.

DrPreeth

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got it a few hours ago :). Everything looks great! Oh, and btw, the cell standby bug that occurs when wifi is on, has been fixed. I strongly suspect it was happening because of Wifi calling. The code was probably present this whole time, but lollipop just didn't have the feature. EDIT: nm, its back....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy