6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

Jrayself

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I wiped cache partition. Did all the safe mode troubleshooting. No dice.

I finally resorted to a full wipe. Lost all my texts, and will lose several hours of my life logging back into all my apps, but everything seems to be functioning properly now.

Posted via the Android Central App

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I wiped cache partition. Did all the safe mode troubleshooting. No dice.

I finally resorted to a full wipe. Lost all my texts, and will lose several hours of my life logging back into all my apps, but everything seems to be functioning properly now.

Try the verizon message+ it can restore text messages, all of your text may not be lost. Even if you were using a different messaging app, it can still restore your text message.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
After I updated I did a factory reset. While setting my phone back up I downloaded an app to change the font. It says that its not supported. Its the same app that I used before marshmallow. Now every other font app says not supported. Can anyone help?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
For those new to Android, and Samsung in particular, the Smart Switch app (Kies for older Galaxy/Note models) can be used to backup the phone. The backup can be configured to save select items, or all items like text messages, photos, music, calendar, etc. I made a full backup this morning before updating to MM, and have a calendar reminder to backup weekly.

This weekly backup is in addition to having photos synced to Google Photos, and important documents and files also saved to Google Drive. I also copy photos/videos from my Note 5 to my Windows 10 system in the Pictures folder.

Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music & More

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
After I updated I did a factory reset. While setting my phone back up I downloaded an app to change the font. It says that its not supported. Its the same app that I used before marshmallow. Now every other font app says not supported. Can anyone help?

You can change the font in settings/display and wallpaper/font. From there you can download other fonts from Samsung without using a 3rd party app.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Why do a factory reset unless it's absolutely necessary? Just wondering. 😊

I've been the phone with VZ Tech since the update which caused my screen usage to jump sky high and battery drain quickly, with a very clean phone with two clear cache partitions done and safe mode operating.

All I've heard from VZ reps and 'leadership supervisor' is... DO A FACTORY RESET! DO A FACTORY RESET!

For once, I'd like to see an update from Samsung-Google-Verizon come in cleanly!

Marshmallow is running ok in other areas. It's the darn battery drain and obscene screen usage that came with Marshmallow.

I recognize others have no problems... that's good!

Btw... it takes me a few solid hours after a FACTORY UPDATE to get all the settings, email protocols, etc al loaded and running correctly.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about the new Doze mode and are there settings for it or is it already set to this under MM?

It's just a "behind the scenes" thing in Marshmallow that's always on. And it's awesome. My 0hone used to lose 20-30% battery overnight. I lost 7% last night.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time!

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been the phone with VZ Tech since the update which caused my screen usage to jump sky high and battery drain quickly, with a very clean phone with two clear cache partitions done and safe mode operating.

All I've heard from VZ reps and 'leadership supervisor' is... DO A FACTORY RESET! DO A FACTORY RESET!

For once, I'd like to see an update from Samsung-Google-Verizon come in cleanly!

Marshmallow is running ok in other areas. It's the darn battery drain and obscene screen usage that came with Marshmallow.

I recognize others have no problems... that's good!

Btw... it takes me a few solid hours after a FACTORY UPDATE to get all the settings, email protocols, etc al loaded and running correctly.

I have had my phone off of the charger for 25 mins... 20 my screen has been on. It days 100% battery usage is screen. This is EXACTLY what I would expect it to say. After I set it down for 20 mins it would likely fall to 80% or so. The screen does have to be off for its percentage do lessen, or you have to turn on other power hogging things. Sounds to me the screen usage issue is a non-issue. Just my opinion.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time!

vsuperbabev

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset to get mine to stop pulling from multiple "themes" it was very buggy but I've had no issues since took about an hour overall, transferred all my data to my s5 and then just transferred it back after

Except I can not apply a custom font anymore

Jrayself

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Try the verizon message+ it can restore text messages, all of your text may not be lost. Even if you were using a different messaging app, it can still restore your text message.

Even though I had message+ disabled before the update, it did restore some of my texts once enabled in marshmallow. Strange that it was still backing up my texts even though I had disabled the app as soon as I got my Note...

I had years of texts saved that I always backed up and restored when switching phones, but I access my texts with any app after the marshmallow update. No idea why I always saved so many, but I don't really miss them now that they're gone.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset to get mine to stop pulling from multiple "themes" it was very buggy but I've had no issues since took about an hour overall, transferred all my data to my s5 and then just transferred it back after

Except I can not apply a custom font anymore
When you figure it out plz let me know. I'm bout to lose my mind trying to figure it out. Lol

jonesyvoor

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Issues I am having with the Marshmallow update:

1) Android Auto no longer connects
2) Connection issues on WIFI (slow speeds to no connection)
3) "Ok Google" while phone is plugged in but asleep wakes up the phone but requires that I unlock it via fingerprint before it will allow me to view the details of my query.Maybe it always did that? It just seems different.

Anyone experience any of the above or know of a fix?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery has drained more than normal too but I believe its due to WiFi. It has used 22% of the battery. 30min on on screen time took 22% and Im sitting at 76% battery left. That is definitely worse than before.