6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but the percentage is relative. Before you charge it next time look at the screen on time and how much battery you have left. If you have your screen on the whole time, it would be at almost 100% and that would be expected. People on here know a lot more than me, but I think anyone would need to know how much screen on time you get on a charge to be able to help. The percentage is irrelevant without that information.

Prior to update, after a full charge, the screen usage would show 12% usage... and approx 18 hours battery remaining

This morning, the screen usage showed 100% and nine hours remaining.

Am I missing something? You care to elaborate?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Other questions after using Marshmallow for a day...

- Internet 4.0 is supposed to have Reader Mode according to everything I've read. Can't find it. Anyone have any insights on this?

- I can't seem to get fingerprints to be the default mode to unlock my phone ( I keep getting asked to enter my phone password) or to get into the "Fingerprints" page on the "Lock Screen and Security" page - also asked to enter my password. I've made the settings that are supposed to enable these behaviors, but I don't get fingerprints to be the primary way to get stuff done on the phone.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Prior to update, after a full charge, the screen usage would show 12% usage... and approx 18 hours battery remaining

This morning, the screen usage showed 100% and nine hours remaining.

Am I missing something? You care to elaborate?

Yes, the numbers you are giving don't mean anything to me unless you tell me how much screen on time you get out of a full charge or the screen on time along with remaining battery percentage and the percentage used by screen

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay, started the update and it was going slow over 4g. So I cancelled it by putting it into airplane mode and decided to wait to get home and do it over wifi. When I went to settings-update-check for updates. It says my phone is running the newest software and a failed update banner is below that message. Any idea how to fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Other questions after using Marshmallow for a day...

- Internet 4.0 is supposed to have Reader Mode according to everything I've read. Can't find it. Anyone have any insights on this?

- I can't seem to get fingerprints to be the default mode to unlock my phone ( I keep getting asked to enter my phone password) or to get into the "Fingerprints" page on the "Lock Screen and Security" page - also asked to enter my password. I've made the settings that are supposed to enable these behaviors, but I don't get fingerprints to be the primary way to get stuff done on the phone.

You need to put in a password to change your lock screen/fingerprint settings, just a security thing. Then you should be able to set up fingerprint sign in on each individual app or place I think

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice an issue with WiFi draining a good chuck on the battery. It has used almost as much as apps

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
So posted yesterday and did hard reset... Everything running smoothly. Battery seems to be running better than already great battery.

One and only issue i have come across so far is battery stats. Previously all my battery stats were from last full charge. It says the same right now but stats were reset after i powered off the phone.

So basically i was off the charger 7 hours ago but 5 hours ago i reset the phone... Now its showing me all the stats from 5 hours ago when i reset the phone.

Any idea how to see stats from last full charge?

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With a tiny sample size of just 9 hours, the battery seems to be holding up nicely.

Better than Lollipop for my phone.

Agreed. Battery life definitely seems better. Hard to tell, Monday will be the real test. I use my phone a lot at work.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the numbers you are giving don't mean anything to me unless you tell me how much screen on time you get out of a full charge or the screen on time along with remaining battery percentage and the percentage used by screen

Ok... here are the numbers, long phone call from VZ on 4G,... 4 hrs on wifi, 6 hours on 4G

Estimated time remaining...13 hrs.

Recent battery usage... 10.5 hrs.

Screen on time... 3.2 hours

Power usage... 480 mAh

Screen .... 37%

Cell Standby... 11%

Voice calls... 11%

Internet.... 10%

Android OS..... 8%

Android Sys..... 4%

Google Serv... 4%

Email... 3%

Amazon.... 2%

Phone idle... 2%

Gmail... 2%

Weatherbug... 1%

The VZ advice Tech mentioned to me that they were seeing 'screen usage' readings on some phones that seemed 'much higher' than actual battery usage comparatively. I have not been on the screen to my recollection, that long other than the phone call to VZ... 47 minutes.

Tell me, with light usage today, what are your thoughts?

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok... here are the numbers, long phone call from VZ on 4G,... 4 hrs on wifi, 6 hours on 4G

Estimated time remaining...13 hrs.

Recent battery usage... 10.5 hrs.

Screen on time... 3.2 hours

Power usage... 480 mAh

Screen .... 37%

Cell Standby... 11%

Voice calls... 11%

Internet.... 10%

Android OS..... 8%

Android Sys..... 4%

Google Serv... 4%

Email... 3%

Amazon.... 2%

Phone idle... 2%

Gmail... 2%

Weatherbug... 1%

The VZ advice Tech mentioned to me that they were seeing 'screen usage' readings on some phones that seemed 'much higher' than actual battery usage comparatively. I have not been on the screen to my recollection, that long other than the phone call to VZ... 47 minutes.

Tell me, with light usage today, what are your thoughts?

How much battery percentage did you have left with those numbers? You have 3.2 hours screen on time with an estimated 13 hours left on battery. That seems pretty damn good to me. Most screen on time I've ever gotten was maybe 5.5 hours, depending on how much battery you had remain when you looked at this numbers, I think you could easily get to 5 hours sot and I think that's about as good as can be expected with this phone

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
How much battery percentage did you have left with those numbers? You have 3.2 hours screen on time with an estimated 13 hours left on battery. That seems pretty damn good to me. Most screen on time I've ever gotten was maybe 5.5 hours, depending on how much battery you had remain when you looked at this numbers, I think you could easily get to 5 hours sot and I think that's about as good as can be expected with this phone

50%

I'm noticing the power usage jumped to 558 in the time since the last post. Now down to 47%.

Just giving you the numbers and light type of usage. I trust you understand.

I will post the important numbers later when I run battery to 10%.

I will also post important numbers sometime tomorrow after the fast charge later, letting it rest for the night, then actual usage tomorrow.

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
50%

I'm noticing the power usage jumped to 558 in the time since the last post. Now down to 47%.

Just giving you the numbers and light type of usage. I trust you understand.

I will post the important numbers later when I run battery to 10%.

I will also post important numbers sometime tomorrow after the fast charge later, letting it rest for the night, then actual usage tomorrow.

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.

You got 3.2 hours screen on time and only used 50% of your battery and you're worried about the screen is using too much power? I wish I had your problems

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You got 3.2 hours screen on time and only used 50% of your battery and you're worried about the screen is using too much power? I wish I had your problems

I'm only basing my comments on the huge jump in screen usage after update.

This is the first time I've ever worked with screen on time.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm only basing my comments on the huge jump in screen usage after update.

This is the first time I've ever worked with screen on time.

Like I said before, if you left your screen on, the percentage it would use would be close to%100 and your battery would die after only about 5-6 hours. If you left it off, your battery would last days and be close to 0%. The numbers are meaningless unless you know how long you have your screen on and that's really the only number you should worry about. Your phone is fine

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
You need to put in a password to change your lock screen/fingerprint settings, just a security thing. Then you should be able to set up fingerprint sign in on each individual app or place I think

Thanks - I am aware of this. Same as Lollipop.
But, once you set up the phone to use fingerprints, you are good to go.
I am not seeing that yet with Marshmallow.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know mileage may vary but I've noticed that fingerprint recognition is faster.

It is. I watched a video on Marshmallow and it is because the finger print scanner is now native android and not via Samsung overlay.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks - I am aware of this. Same as Lollipop.
But, once you set up the phone to use fingerprints, you are good to go.
I am not seeing that yet with Marshmallow.

Sorry, I guess I'm not sure what you mean. Nothing with my fingerprints changed for me after the update except that I can use them in more places. I think I did have to create a backup password for fingerprints at first but it was just that first time

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08