6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to remove the quick connect from the pull down notification menu? It wasn't there before 6.0 on the Verizon variant

Posted via the Android Central App

Assuming it's the same as the s7 just pull the shade down all the way and there's an option to ditch it. It will still show when the shade is pulled all the way down, but not in the first pull down.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
How do I do that ? I would prefer not to reset again .. my corporate stuff is tough to get set back up

I disabled the factory weather app which had use age as high on the battery and went back to weather time line. Let's see if that fixes it

6609.jpg

This doesn't reset anything. It also took a few days to "settle in" and battery improved after that if you just recently updated.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How do I do that ? I would prefer not to reset again .. my corporate stuff is tough to get set back up

I disabled the factory weather app which had use age as high on the battery and went back to weather time line. Let's see if that fixes it

I suggest you setting the factory weather app to manual only so you can press the refresh button whenever you want the updated weather. This is what I do.

Also for cache clearing, it won't affect your corporate or other data. That's why it's cache. Go to Settings -> Storage -> click on Cached data and then Delete.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
  • There's a new persistent "clipboard" manager change that is very welcome. Now, whenever you long press over a text input box, one of the options is "clipboard" which allows you too see and interact with past copy/paste items.

I noticed this too. And while at first I was happy with it, I became less enthusiastic when I saw that it displays passwords from password managers in plain text. Granted my passwords are gobbledygook random strings, and my device is protected by an initial lockscreen mechanic, I'm still not entirely happy those passwords are readable.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this too. And while at first I was happy with it, I became less enthusiastic when I saw that it displays passwords from password managers in plain text. Granted my passwords are gobbledygook random strings, and my device is protected by an initial lockscreen mechanic, I'm still not entirely happy those passwords are readable.

Lmao, really? Wow what a faillll!

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you setting the factory weather app to manual only so you can press the refresh button whenever you want the updated weather. This is what I do.

Also for cache clearing, it won't affect your corporate or other data. That's why it's cache. Go to Settings -> Storage -> click on Cached data and then Delete.

This may also help, but different than wiping system cache. I'd try both, won't hurt anything and may fix some things.

SmokeNMirrors

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks that have update. My biggest Note 5 issues with Lollipop are below.
Does Marshmallow address/fix any of them?

• phone dialer doesn't render properly in landscape - can't get at all the buttons
  • google voice / ok google could not get past swipe to unlock even with trusted voice in trusted location
  • DND doesn't disable LED, flashes all night long
  • wireless charging doesn't work with usb otg in use
  • phone often lags after screen on/unlock - usually doing location

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Lmao, really? Wow what a faillll!

Yep. I use the Safe In Cloud password manager which has a Clear Clipboard option so passwords self destruct. But with Samsung's (not Marshmallow) built in clipboard manager, it unintentionally saves those passwords, because after the clipboard is cleared the manager still has it. I would imagine that it would happen with any password manager app.

anon(6121713)

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that is a big Fail. I long press those entries and delete them. Dumb for sure. Hey but other than that, what a great feature! Perhaps they could add, in an update, the ability to use fingerprint to access that clipboard.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that is a big Fail. I long press those entries and delete them. Dumb for sure. Hey but other than that, what a great feature! Perhaps they could add, in an update, the ability to use fingerprint to access that clipboard.

What would be better is if the Samsung clipboard manager had a trigger that the Password Manager developers could use that blocked saving it to the clipboard manager.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What would be better is if the Samsung clipboard manager had a trigger that the Password Manager developers could use that blocked saving it to the clipboard manager.

I'm actually surprised that is not the case, it seems like that would be a standard for password handling.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to force wifi calling besides turning off mobile data? The signal at my work place is very weak, bouncing back and forth between 3G/1X with 1 or 2 bars. It only seems to use wifi calling when mobile data is turned off. Does SMS messages come through on wifi too?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the phone to stop asking if I allow something with every single app I open. It didnt use to do that for everything. Its annoying. Almost as bad as UAC on Windows

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to force wifi calling besides turning off mobile data? The signal at my work place is very weak, bouncing back and forth between 3G/1X with 1 or 2 bars. It only seems to use wifi calling when mobile data is turned off. Does SMS messages come through on wifi too?
These are both great questions. I would like to know the answer as well.

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
not sure if this was already mentioned. But, you can now manage app permissions in application manager. This was missing in Lollipop and now it's back!.

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the phone to stop asking if I allow something with every single app I open. It didnt use to do that for everything. Its annoying. Almost as bad as UAC on Windows

That's the app permissions feature of marshmallow. It'll pop up for every app, no matter what.

lephils

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
That's the app permissions feature of marshmallow. It'll pop up for every app, no matter what.

Yeah but it'll do it just once.
Just the first time an app needs a certain permission. After that the permissions can be managed through the settings.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Ah. Didn't know it was a new thing with marshmallow. I do still think there is an issue with WiFi. I was looking at it last night. It seems to look for a network a lot even while connected. I turned it off while at work yesterday. After I got home it went from 2pct to 17pct in the hours I was there before bed. Still a big chunk in a short time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12