6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

Jklein9515

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured out what was killing my battery after the update! The always allow scanning for WiFi was on and is now in a different location. It is now under Settings/location/Improve Accuracy. Switching it off made a huge difference.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Important update...

As I posted a few times this week, I've had a number of conflicts after Marshmallow update. These are mainly excessive battery draining, screen usage VERY HIGH, unable to enable some controls and a few that were automatically disabled by the phone itself. Most of the issues were power and screen related.

After a number of calls this week to VZ, finally got a savvy tech who cared. He reached out to his Samsung liason at VZ and after reviewing my specs and documented issues, the tech came back to me and said...

There have been problems with the Marshmallow update not completely erasing the Lollipop OS. Remnants have caused the problems I've been experiencing. Others too have similar problems.

We tried on two of my computers to do a VZ Repair but the phone would not allow the process to continue.

So... VZ will be sending me another Note 5, fully checked out by Samsung and with Marshmallow fully installed.

I've spent well over twenty hours this week on the problems emanating from the MM update. I told VZ that I expect some good credit to come from this, and they usually oblige.

Problem with Android, which I've been on for years,vyou have three entities involved. Verizon, Samsung, Google. You can talk to the first, but forget about the other two.

Honestly, this update... a real pain in the you know what.

And, once I get the replacement phone, I've got to spend hours,getting it up all over again. Ridiculous!

armallard

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
After the update on my N5 everything looks to be good battery and speed only thing is my notification bar is gray on my home screen and hard to see is there a way to change the color? On my wife's phone her's stayed the same any ideas?

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured out what was killing my battery after the update! The always allow scanning for WiFi was on and is now in a different location. It is now under Settings/location/Improve Accuracy. Switching it off made a huge difference.
Just switched this off too. Thanks for the post, hopefully this will help!

CeCe0731

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Do you still have Location turned on? I was wondering if having Location on drains your battery fast.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Getting this anytime I try to buy an app. Anyone got any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 713.jpg
    713.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 178

Jklein9515

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I do have it turned on. I use power saving mode though. Does not seem to kill my battery in any major way. I use the Google opinion app though and I like certain location features so I keep it on.

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you want to increase 132 by 8.85%, then the action is 132*1.0875 that would give you the correct answer. I am not sure what you want it to do, but this is how percentages are done on any calculator (I believe). If you want to add two percentages, i.e. 10% + 15%, then you would do .1 +.15 /100 = 25%, or if you don't divide by 100, what you get - 0.25 means 25%. I hope this answers your question.

gsweinberg87

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing degraded battery performance with the MM update? I'm losing about 40% overnight. I did a factory reset and have been running the device with no third-party apps and I still have horrible standby performance.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing degraded battery performance with the MM update? I'm losing about 40% overnight. I did a factory reset and have been running the device with no third-party apps and I still have horrible standby performance.
I'm losing 5% overnight. It's been great. When you check battery usage, what is using the battery overnight?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol