6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

CeCe0731

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else keep Location turned on? I find it very helpful in locating news, restaurants etc. In my area but want to know does it drain your battery?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else keep Location turned on? I find it very helpful in locating news, restaurants etc. In my area but want to know does it drain your battery?

I keep it on. If it has an effect I don't really notice it and it's not enough to cause me to change my usage.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok good. Thanks for your response.

No problem. I am sure someone else will chime in and tell you the exact opposite though. That seems to be the way it is. I think the apps you install and what you are doing on your phone play the biggest role in battery life. That's why some get great battery life and others don't.

CeCe0731

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
No problem. I am sure someone else will chime in and tell you the exact opposite though. That seems to be the way it is. I think the apps you install and what you are doing on your phone play the biggest role in battery life. That's why some get great battery life and others don't.
I agree. I try to turn off what I can to preserve battery life but without taking away all the good features of the GNote5.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I keep it on. If it has an effect I don't really notice it and it's not enough to cause me to change my usage.

I keep mine on, but not set to high accuracy unless I really need it. I think it drains some, but like you, I prefer to use those features pretty regularly so it is worth it to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I keep mine on but in power saving mode, not high accuracy.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time!

gladstone03

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Anyone seeing spontaneous reboots? My Note 5 will reboot 4-5 times a day at random times even when just charging. I have no idea what is causing this.

jubei33

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have around 2 to 3 reboots a day also, plus when I'm streaming iheart radio or any streaming music service, once my screen times out or I turn it off manually, it will stop playing or completely close the app since this 6.0 update. Listening to music on my phone is a joke now.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Anybody who's having problems and has not done a factory reset, I strongly advise to do one and wipe cache partition manually.

oldtimer_58

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
If you have Bluetooth on turn it off and see if that works. It works on my wife's note 5 but I'm gonna try rebooting my router next

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have around 2 to 3 reboots a day also, plus when I'm streaming iheart radio or any streaming music service, once my screen times out or I turn it off manually, it will stop playing or completely close the app since this 6.0 update. Listening to music on my phone is a joke now.

I saw in another thread today in the Note 5 forum where someone discovered that uninstalling the iHeart Radio app stopped the random reboots. Might be worth trying. If I come across that thread will post it here for reference.

jubei33

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I saw in another thread today in the Note 5 forum where someone discovered that uninstalling the iHeart Radio app stopped the random reboots. Might be worth trying. If I come across that thread will post it here for reference.

I will give that a try to see if that solves it and will let you guys know if that's the ticket. Thanks Trees