6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Power the phone OFF, wait a minute, then volume up-home Power simultaneously until the blue android comes up. He will go away and then you will be in the factory recovery.

In case he's using the stupid app where you can't see pictures.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Question for you Verizon people, I'm on AT&T so it still may not happen, but do you have the ability to fine turn the auto brightness with the Marshmallow Update?

MK Redding

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any issues with notifications? It could just be my imagination but popups seem to be faster (a little too fast to be useful) and I could swear that lollipop would wake the screen for a popup where it seems MM wont.Also notifications don't seem to be clearing if you go directly into an app.

CeCe0731

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any issues with notifications? It could just be my imagination but popups seem to be faster (a little too fast to be useful) and I could swear that lollipop would wake the screen for a popup where it seems MM wont.Also notifications don't seem to be clearing if you go directly into an app.
I've noticed that when I get a notification it doesn't appear on my locked screen. I actually have to unlock my phone to see it. Irritating. Ugh!

dazer2

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: 6.0.1 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

I got it... but wish I had waited. I can't see any improvement and not sure if I am getting all the features. What is this about cleaning the partition?
Main reason I wish I had waited is one of my favorite GearVR aps called BluVr is not compatible and won't play anymore. It was my favorite to show my friends the GearVR

Jklein9515

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Would someone please help me understand how the new auto-brightness works? Before the update I kept auto-brightness on and the brightness level at the highest setting. With this it adjusted up and down the entire gradient perfectly. Now, same setting, the screen is a lot brighter even though auto-brightness is on. Thank you.

dazer2

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

All my Gear VR is ok except my favorite the BluVR and it is not compatible. I am really bummed. Wish I had waited but its too late now.

dazer2

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

What is BluVr and where does one find it?

It was produced by WemoLab and WeVR and you can read about it on their website. I don't know if you can find it anymore but if you do be sure and get it. It won't work with marshmallow.

gladstone03

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Auto brightness worked great before the MM upgrade. Now it does nothing. Can barely see the screen so I have to manually adjust the brightness.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
For Auto Brightness, you could try to un-check the Auto option. Once that happens, the screen will immediately get much brighter - at least on mine - as I have Auto set to On and the level is ~ 50% as that is what Auto setting has I think by default.

Maybe by just toggling Auto to Off, then back to On will help the Auto feature get itself straightened out. I have seen a few times with Lollipop and Marshmallow when the Note 5 comes out of my pocket or backpack that it will take a minute or so for Auto to recognize the light condition change. This has been in situations where I'm in an area that is not super bright and may have some shadows, or not in direct sunlight.

So for the Auto feature, it may take a minute or so for it to figure out the more subtle light conditions from the before (in pocket or backpack) lighting condition, to the after (out of pocket or backpack).

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Would someone please help me understand how the new auto-brightness works? Before the update I kept auto-brightness on and the brightness level at the highest setting. With this it adjusted up and down the entire gradient perfectly. Now, same setting, the screen is a lot brighter even though auto-brightness is on. Thank you.

The auto brightness is now adjustable. Before it didn't matter where you set the slider because auto brightness would have only the one setting. Now you can adjust auto brightness a little brighter or darker depending on your preference with the slider. It's much more usable now.

Posted via the Android Central App

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any issues with notifications? Also notifications don't seem to be clearing if you go directly into an app.

this seems to be a problem im dealing with as well. any ideas how to fix ? seems you have to swipe EVERY notification regardless if you go into the app or not