6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

DOUBLED 13

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I hope you don't have the same problem I have had with flakey wi fi connections. I never know when wi fi will connect. When I go to settings and wi fi it may say connected but my Note 5 will not connect to anything plus my outlook mail says NOT CONNECTED TO SERVER.
This is a marshmallow problem.

annduhroo

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with wifi. Pocketcasts downloads just fine over wifi, but Google Photos and apps won't update or sync over wifi. Anyone know a fix for this? I forgot my network, and rejoined it, but I still have this issue everywhere, unless I do it over my cellular connection.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 5. As of 3/22 I still don't have an update available when I check. I'm on 5.1.1 and it says up to date

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 5. As of 3/22 I still don't have an update available when I check. I'm on 5.1.1 and it says up to date

A restart or power off/on cycle may help. That is strange that your phone won't recognize an available update.

paulmac0922

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Is Power Saving mode turned on? I recently updated to MM and noticed a lot of "not connected" and background updates not working. Was driving me nuts. I turned off power saving mode and it working great now. For some reason the power saver mode was being too aggressive with background updating and connectivity over all.

paulmac0922

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Is Power Saving mode turned on? I recently updated to MM and noticed a lot of "not connected" and background updates not working. Was driving me nuts. I turned off power saving mode and it working great now. For some reason the power saver mode was being too aggressive with background updating and connectivity over all.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Should you factory reset first before installing or after?

I wouldn't factory reset at all unless you have problems. I have none of the problems that others are having so I didn't reset.
However, I will be resetting later today. I finally ran into an issue and clearing the cache won't resolve it.
I have a theme that's stuck. if I switch to the default theme and reboot the other theme is still set even though it thinks it's the default. I even deleted the theme, cleared cache and the theme is still present.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
^^ This.

Also in my opinion, if you find it to be a pain to factory reset your phone, "you're not doing it right". In my opinion, in this day and age, everyone should be using a password app (I use Lastpass which is amazing as it autofills your passwords in Android apps and websites), and you should be cloud syncing mobile pictures and any other data on your phone that is not already located elsewhere. You should always be ready to remote wipe your phone in case of theft (if you don't know how learn now and not when it's a crisis). While on the topic, use password or fingerprint protection... something.... to keep your data secure, and turn on encryption in settings because....why not.

It takes me 2 hours of pain free time to be back up at full speed after a factory reset. 1. Reset; 2. Reinstall or backup apps; 3. Update all apps in Google Play; 4. Install Lastpass; 5. Configure email and other apps (super easy once Lastpass installed); and 6. Profit.

I never have battery problems or basically any problems whatsoever that I constantly see posted on forums. Why? Factory resetting every once and a while starts a clean slate. So, yeah, in my opinion, definitely factory reset after a major operating system update.
[/IMG]

no fear having all passwords in one place? what if they are hacked?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Backing up is a pain, even when you do it correctly, because without root there is no app data backup for many apps. Losing app data is the pain, not passwords.
Absolutely.... But if you do a reset then restore data you are restoring whatever caused you to need the factory reset.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely.... But if you do a reset then restore data you are restoring whatever caused you to need the factory reset.

Not true. I am having an issue with the systemUI keeping my theme. Restoring my downloaded app data will not restore that problem.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes a rogue app affects a phone in a very unpredictable way. At least with titanium you could restore app data separately from system data but I have done resets back in my rooted days that failed to improve a problem because the problem was actually in corrupted app data that was screwing up my system.

Still, no question it would be nice to TRY restoring app data... If it doesn't help Then you could start from scratch. I wish it were possible to restore app data without root but we can't so not much we can do about it.

I wish google had an app to store app data like titanium does only without rooting

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes a rogue app affects a phone in a very unpredictable way. At least with titanium you could restore app data separately from system data but I have done resets back in my rooted days that failed to improve a problem because the problem was actually in corrupted app data that was screwing up my system.

Still, no question it would be nice to TRY restoring app data... If it doesn't help Then you could start from scratch. I wish it were possible to restore app data without root but we can't so not much we can do about it.

I wish google had an app to store app data like titanium does only without rooting

Agreed, google needs a backup process for data. Helium does work but not for all apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair