Samsung account - what's it for?

oddtay

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
What is the advantage of having a Samsung account? Looks like it syncs the same stuff that Google sync does.

Am I missing something?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy apps store also Also, any themes or fonts that you buy from the settings menu will then be listed under "My Apps" in the Galaxy Apps app if you ever have to restore you phone as new. In that app you can easily find the purchases so you can download them again.

oddtay

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I get having an account for Samsung Pay and apps, just wasn't sure why the redundant sync categories with Google sync. Like contacts...when you create a new contact you have to choose between Device, Google, or Samsung. Same with calendar. Too many options! !

I mean you almost have to have a Google account with an Android phone and with that account everything syncs anyhow.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Like contacts...when you create a new contact you have to choose between Device, Google, or Samsung. Same with calendar. Too many options! !

They want to give you another option where you can save your data, but it probably also helps increase traffic to their own sites and keep you within the Samsung ecosystem (so that you remain a loyal Samsung customer and buy even more things Samsung). But I agree--stick with your Google account. It makes it much easier if you end up with a non-Samsung device in the future

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad