Samsung Smart Switch not recognzing Marshmallow

rmhenry1

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I just updated my Samsung Smart Switch app on my pc, which says it should be compatible with Marshmallow. I downloaded the new Marshmallow OS on my Samsung Note 5 yesterday. Both PC and phone were rebooted after upgrading software. The PC Smart Switch app is not seeing my phone connect to the PC now. I never had a problem before and like Smart Switch for doing my phone backups after a big update. I'm using my Samsung cord furnished with the phone. Any ideas what the issue could be?????

Thanks!
:mad: rmhenry1

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue as well. After updating android and smart switch on the pc, when I would connect the phone, smart switch would immediately freeze and stop responding. A restart didn't fix it and I still haven't been able to access smart switch. Definite issues there it seems.

Posted via the Android Central App

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
you could uninstall driver,then reinstall, have you disabled any system apps via the Debloater(XDA) or Package disabler pro?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I will check on this later this morning and see what happens. I did not update Smart Switch yet (saw the prompt to update to the Marshmallow compatible version) when making a backup before updating my Note 5 to Marshmallow.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I updated smart switch but it's still not working. When I try to back up my data, it goes to 93% then tells me the connection was lost. It's happened like 5 times in a row. Very upsetting!

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I updated smart switch but it's still not working. When I try to back up my data, it goes to 93% turn tells me the connection was lost. It's happened like 5 times in a row. Very upsetting!

Sane problem here.

Verizon Galaxy Note5

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello

I've the same problem here. Today I've upgraded my Samsung S6 to marshmallow and after that the smart switch doesn't backup anymore. I tried everything I could but nothing works.

oncevision

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Once you connect you phone to your laptop, via USB cable, check the phone notifications. You will find that there is a notification that say the phone is charging via USB. Click for more options, Select the first option that allows for MTP. This should allow your phone to connect to Smart Switch and sync/backup your data.

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I will check on this later this morning and see what happens. I did not update Smart Switch yet (saw the prompt to update to the Marshmallow compatible version) when making a backup before updating my Note 5 to Marshmallow.

Updated SmartSwitch over this past weekend, and then backed up phone. Worked fine.

Bastet2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a similiar issue with my galaxy S6 with Marshmallow. I downloaded an update to Smart Switch (ver. 4), and the issues started. First my laptop suddenly wouldn't recognize the cellphone, and some other issues, so I uninstalled and deleted S.S, and re-downloaded it. Same problem. Tried pretty much everthing everyone else here did, to no avil. BUT - the program will recognize the phone when I switch to PTP and then tells me it's an unsupported connection ... switch it back to MTP and I get the "plug in the USB" animation but nothing happens when I do. So now I can't bakup ANYTHING! Wish I had Kies back! At least it WORKED!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss