Not sure if this has been posted already...if so I apologize for the double post. But I was wondering were there any current Note 5 owners thinking about switching to the Galaxy S7 Edge??? It's crossed my mind but I love the Note series too much.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    03-06-2016 05:03 PM
    Not at all, doesn't impress. Kept same look, just an internal speed bump and slightly better camera arguably. Bringing back the sd card that should have never been left out in the first place. If the Edge came with an S pen I would consider it a little more but no. Hope they go all out on the Note 6 come August. 6 inch 4k screen, 6gb ram, better camera not a hand me down from the S7. Expecting a beast.
    03-06-2016 05:23 PM
    I have both and now actually prefer the S7 Edge. I will be using that as my main phone at my job and the Note 5 for home. I don't use the S Pen enough to miss it on the S7 Edge.

I've heard from others on AC who are also keeping both phones.

Any switching to S7 Edge??-img_0101.jpg
    djroy03, SultanJazz and kaienish like this.
    03-06-2016 07:29 PM
    Nice looking theme!
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    03-06-2016 08:50 PM
    Nice looking theme!
    Thanks. I like it because it helps hide the different sizes of the app icons by placing them in that little square. I hate the way the apps look on the default them in the app drawer. Some of the app icons are huge and some like Facebook are really small.
    03-06-2016 08:52 PM
    I was tempted, but I decided to keep the Note. I'd miss the s-pen too much and it really isn't enough of an upgrade for me to justify it.
    03-06-2016 10:19 PM
    The edge is just too much of a gimmick to justify the hefty price tag. Even the S7 is a bit high. If I were to get the S7 I would wait a month or two until the price goes down some. However if that's the case I should just wait for the Note 6 in August or Sept. Might give the LG G5 a look too if the price is decent like the G4. I've bought 3 phones over the last 10 months so I need to slow down a little lol. Too much $$$$$. Also wait to see how everything turns out. I bought the S6 a week after it came out. It had terrible battery life so I want to wait and see what users are saying about it before throwing down over $600 for another phone I don't like. I got rid of my S6 for a Note 4 I hated battery life so much.
    03-07-2016 01:13 PM
    I been going back and forth with this. I just got the Note 5 back last week after having the 6S Plus for about 4 months. I had the Note before when it first came out late last year. I was getting bored with iOS and I missed my Note and Android. So after I got it i had a few friends ask me why did I get the Note for a second time and why didn't I just get the S7 Edge since it's the latest and greatest device lol. So that had me thinking. I went to go play with the S7 Edge at Best Buy. It's a great device. I love the bigger battery, SD card slot and the camera...but I just can't part with my Note. I prefer the S-Pen over the Edge features. The Edge features are way better this time around but it's just something I'm not willing to chose over the S-Pen.

kaienish and mhettrich like this.
    03-07-2016 08:59 PM
    I been going back and forth with this. I just got the Note 5 back last week after having the 6S Plus for about 4 months. I had the Note before when it first came out late last year. I was getting bored with iOS and I missed my Note and Android. So after I got it i had a few friends ask me why did I get the Note for a second time and why didn't I just get the S7 Edge since it's the latest and greatest device lol. So that had me thinking. I went to go play with the S7 Edge at Best Buy. It's a great device. I love the bigger battery, SD card slot and the camera...but I just can't part with my Note. I prefer the S-Pen over the Edge features. The Edge features are way better this time around but it's just something I'm not willing to chose over the S-Pen.

True said. Considering whether the edge app function is worth it, but I think I'm going to hold out till note 6. Going to miss the spen for sure if I were to go to the S7 edge.

Very tempting to though, especially the IP68 rating. Had the Z5 premium before, the feeling of freedom to use your phone at any condition without any worry is really unmatched.
    llfloyd79 likes this.
    03-08-2016 05:56 AM
    Well for any T-Mobile or Sprint on the S7 or S7 Edge, they finally locked there bootloaders, tightly locked down, no more root for those phone as well there fun in rooting are over, i knew this was gonna happen sooner or later, so now they are in the same boat as AT&T and Verizon is.
    03-13-2016 04:53 PM
    I returned my s7 edge after 2 days and got another note 5. The edge it's a great phone but the note 5 it's just so good. I'm going to keep the note 5 and wait for the note 6.
    03-13-2016 07:25 PM
    I returned my s7 edge after 2 days and got another note 5. The edge it's a great phone but the note 5 it's just so good. I'm going to keep the note 5 and wait for the note 6.
    Agree Note 5 is better than both S7, S7 Edge , They can't compete with Note Series! Plus The Processor on The Note 5 Is Better than The S7, S7 Edge!
    mhettrich likes this.
    03-13-2016 08:15 PM
    I have both and now actually prefer the S7 Edge. I will be using that as my main phone at my job and the Note 5 for home. I don't use the S Pen enough to miss it on the S7 Edge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	815.0 KB 
ID:	218896
    You going to change your username too? Lol.
    03-13-2016 10:23 PM
    You going to change your username too? Lol.
    The Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 were the first two Android devices I ever owned and those were the reason I signed up here back then. It seemed like a good user name at the time.

I so wanted to get a Nexus 6P but then the Note 5 and S7 Edge came out and I bought those instead. I'm sure eventually I'll own another Nexus.
    03-13-2016 10:26 PM
    I really have been eyeing that S7 e , but I can't part ways with the s-pen. Wish all galaxy devices had the S-pen. S7 great size, s7edge BIG battery, Expandable storage, both IP8 rating, big gorgeous screen, better low light shots. Just don't know what to do.
    mhettrich likes this.
    03-13-2016 10:28 PM
    I really have been eyeing that S7 e , but I can't part ways with the s-pen. Wish all galaxy devices had the S-pen. S7 great size, s7edge BIG battery, Expandable storage, both IP8 rating, big gorgeous screen, better low light shots. Just don't know what to do.
    One thing with the S7 Edge is that the T-Mobile and Sprint versions now have the locked boot loader so that can not be rooted at least in the traditional manner. I'm sure the Note 6 will be the same way. T-Mobile says it was Samsungs doing.
    03-13-2016 10:30 PM
    One thing with the S7 Edge is that the T-Mobile and Sprint versions now have the locked boot loader so that can not be rooted at least in the traditional manner. I'm sure the Note 6 will be the same way. T-Mobile says it was Samsungs doing.
    Was a matter of time that this would happen , now there part Of the Group AT&T And Verizon.
    03-13-2016 10:43 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	815.0 KB 
ID:	218896
    Sorry for being out of topic, but where did you get that?
    It's really cool
    03-14-2016 04:19 AM
    Sorry for being out of topic, but where did you get that?
    It's really cool
    The theme? It's available for free in the theme store. I like the themes that change the app icons because it hides the different app sizes such as Facebook which is small.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-14-2016 04:23 AM
    I checked out the S7 Edge in the store and I am definitely considering switching from the Note 5. That curved screen is immersive and watching videos on it is a better experience plus I like that it is smaller than the Note 5, has a bigger battery and waterproof. Normally I'd wait for the Note 6 but I have a feeling that they are going to go even bigger. The only thing I'd be losing is the s pen which I like but I don't use it everyday.

I am going to wait a little while before I decide but I am very tempted.
    03-14-2016 07:34 AM
    Switched from the Note 5 to the S7 Edge, couldn't be happier. And I loved the Note 5 - was my favorite phone ever until the S7 Edge.
    03-14-2016 12:38 PM
    Agree Note 5 is better than both S7, S7 Edge , They can't compete with Note Series! Plus The Processor on The Note 5 Is Better than The S7, S7 Edge!
    Could you elaborate on how the processor in the note 5 is better than the s7?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 01:49 PM
    Could you elaborate on how the processor in the note 5 is better than the s7?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Note 5 Exynos 7420 Octa and S7 or S7 Edge has Snapdragons 820 , processor on Note 5 is way better.
    03-14-2016 02:06 PM
    Thought about it primarily due to the waterproofing on the S7 Edge. But I use m S Pen too much and don't know if the other features are enough to get me to switch. I do like the Edge Panels, but I have found some apps that give me kind of the same functionality.
    03-14-2016 02:53 PM