Extremely frustrating that HTC, LG, and (I think) Sony have given 6.0 to their customers but us Note 5 customers are still on the outside looking in?
    03-08-2016 02:00 PM
    Totally agree I contacted T-Mo support and I got a generic we are making sure things like Binge On wifi calling and so works before we release it. I wish carriers would just be less overdone with extra stuff. I had a Nexus 6 for a while before my Note 5 and all those features worked just fine......because they mostly are now baked right into 6.0 as it is. When will these guys get the picture that we don't care about new phones coming out first. We just want an update that is deserved. Especially when phones from 2014 are getting the update before phones that haven't even hit the 1 year mark.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2016 03:21 PM
    I guess it's easier to update the 2 people that still have HTC phones before tackling the Samsung crowd lol ...

acles003 and debdroid1a like this.
    03-08-2016 03:45 PM
    That's why I just ordered a Nexus. I can't stand having to wait 4 to 6 months for updates and the bloatware that carriers tack on

Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-08-2016 03:59 PM
    That's why I just ordered a Nexus. I can't stand having to wait 4 to 6 months for updates and the bloatware that carriers tack on

If I didn't just sign up with T-Mobile and have monthly payments on my Note 5, I would strongly consider switching to Google Fi and getting the Nexus 5X for $199.
    03-08-2016 04:14 PM
    Oh you guys are so mean to HTC... The fact is that they kept the devices similar so updating is faster. I mean the A9 unlocked works on everything but Verizon - and they bailed on using it for them instead of making it work...

HTC does software (and hardware) very well and has pushed to be the fastest at updating next to the pure Google phones. They fully support unlocking bootloaders via HTC Dev and have a great beta program via HTC Preview. Overall, HTC is doing lots right, but I think there is more to get right with the Note than the M9... Think about if your SPen stopped working after the update - or your LTE radio didn't work right...

It's better to take an extra week or two and make sure it's right. Remember that poor tweeting person only has a binder with 'things to say' in it. They may not actually know what the heck they are talking about.
    03-08-2016 05:51 PM
    If I didn't just sign up with T-Mobile and have monthly payments on my Note 5, I would strongly consider switching to Google Fi and getting the Nexus 5X for $199.
    I'm in the same boat ... I'd so take a Nexus 6P just to get reliable Android updates ...
    03-09-2016 12:32 AM

I really like how quick Nexus is on updates but I can't stand the lack of everything else with the Nexus line. Bare bones just doesn't cut it for me when you pay a premium price.
    03-09-2016 02:17 PM
    I don't mind not having Marshmellow😂. What I really want in March, is the January security update from Google. I presume that T-Mobile doesn't care as long as they get THEIR money.
    03-09-2016 03:18 PM