Wireless charger that actually holds a charge?

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Back when I had the S6, I had the Samsung wireless charger. It was awesome, except for one thing: it wouldn't hold a charge. When I'd get up in the morning, the phone would have 95-96% of battery left. The charger would fully charge the phone, but wouldn't trickle charge to keep it full. Are there any wireless chargers out there that have this ability?

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Back when I had the S6, I had the Samsung wireless charger. It was awesome, except for one thing: it wouldn't hold a charge. When I'd get up in the morning, the phone would have 95-96% of battery left. The charger would fully charge the phone, but wouldn't trickle charge to keep it full. Are there any wireless chargers out there that have this ability?

It's a good thing they do this, otherwise a constant slow trickle charge all night would ruin your battery in the long run, I've seen it happen with phones being left plugged in overnight every night, after a long time, people always wonder why their batteries don't hold a charge...

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
All of my chargers do that. The most reliable though is the Tylt.

Another Tylt user here. My phone is always at 100% when I wake up. More than a few times I've seen the screen come on to indicate it was beginning to charge wirelessly while it was still sitting on the dock.

Posted via the Android Central App

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Another Tylt user here. My phone is always at 100% when I wake up. More than a few times I've seen the screen come on to indicate it was beginning to charge wirelessly while it was still sitting on the dock.

I had the Tylt VU for a few weeks, using it with my Note 5. The problem I had was that every time it would come on again to trickle charge, the phone would both light up AND beep to let me know it was charging. Not a good scenario when trying to sleep.

I emailed Tylt and they offered to exchange it for one with firmware to fix the beeping problem. I said fine, as long as I could get a refund if that didn't fix the problem. She said they don't do refunds, only exchanges. I told her no thanks, and sent it back to Amazon for a refund. I will say that Tylt was prompt and easy to deal with.

I'm now using the Samsung fast wireless. It beeps once when I put the phone on it, then just silently does its job. In my case, the phone says 100% every morning, no problem.

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I got some cheap made in China thing and it's fast and holds charge ,keep it on my desk at work to keep phone topped off,love this thing

Attachments

• 1697.jpg
    1697.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 46

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
It's a good thing they do this, otherwise a constant slow trickle charge all night would ruin your battery in the long run, I've seen it happen with phones being left plugged in overnight every night, after a long time, people always wonder why their batteries don't hold a charge...

No it wouldn't. The phone only draws power when it needs it. In other words it's the phone that controls the charging, and not the charger.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Call it trickle charge, call it topping off, call it whatever you want...... To answer the OP's question, the Choetech Iron Stand wireless charger charges to 100 before I've fallen asleep and it's still at 100 when I wake up in the morning.
I have the Choetech fast wireless on its way and I'll report back if it does the same (tho I assume it will).

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok, keep leaving yours on the charger all night.

I will, and have been for a long time on many different phones since dumb phones, and haven't lost a battery yet. You claim you've seen batteries go down from charging all night? Let's hear how you came to your conclusion.

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
It's been proven many times over that leaving your phone charging overnight doesn't negatively effect the life of your battery. A quick Google search will prove this, so please let's not turn this into a petty argument.

I'll look at the Choetech charger that JJ suggested. Thanks.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, keep leaving yours on the charger all night.

I've been using wireless charging since I added it to my Note 2 more than 3 years ago. My phones always sit on the charger all night and about 5 hours at my desk during the day. Never had a lick of trouble with any batteries.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I've been using wireless charging since I added it to my Note 2 more than 3 years ago. My phones always sit on the charger all night and about 5 hours at my desk during the day. Never had a lick of trouble with any batteries.

And you never will....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34