I recently bought the Note 5, and there's one thing that I haven't been able to find the answer to by searching through Google. Perhaps I am not wording it concisely enough?
    When I have my earphones plugged in and also UHQ Upscaler, SoundAlive, etc. all turned on, if I drag my finger up or down and then keep my finger still on the album art of whatever song I am currently listening, the vocals became much louder and clearer, sometimes even a little tinny. The beat/rhythm is also much sharper. I like having this effect when listening to some of my songs, but it only happens when I have my finger on the screen. Once I let go, the effect disappears. What exactly is happening to get this effect and is there any other way to achieve the same effect through other means? I'm guessing I need to use the equalizer, which I played around with for a bit, but it never sounds quite as sharp as when I use the "drag down finger effect".
    03-09-2016 06:58 AM
    Moved to the Note5 forum.
    03-09-2016 06:49 PM
    I recently bought the Note 5, and there's one thing that I haven't been able to find the answer to by searching through Google. Perhaps I am not wording it concisely enough?
    When I have my earphones plugged in and also UHQ Upscaler, SoundAlive, etc. all turned on, if I drag my finger up or down and then keep my finger still on the album art of whatever song I am currently listening, the vocals became much louder and clearer, sometimes even a little tinny. The beat/rhythm is also much sharper. I like having this effect when listening to some of my songs, but it only happens when I have my finger on the screen. Once I let go, the effect disappears. What exactly is happening to get this effect and is there any other way to achieve the same effect through other means? I'm guessing I need to use the equalizer, which I played around with for a bit, but it never sounds quite as sharp as when I use the "drag down finger effect".
    I'm not really sure what's happening with your phone and am going to have to try and duplicate. One thing I would recommend is doing the personalisation thing, can't remember exactly what it's called but I thought that along with upscale made a pretty big difference
    03-09-2016 07:10 PM