Android N and still no Marshmallow for Sprint,T-Mobile and AT&T

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Android Developers Blog: First Preview of Android N: Developer APIs & Tools

This is a joke right. Nope its Samsung's was of saying hey we wont update your flagship phone that isn't a year old. But we will release the S7 and have it run smooth and also maybe when the NOTE 6 comea out we will have 6.0.1 and then everyone will be on Android N. Completely disappointed in the lack of support by this company and these Carriers. At this point it makes me want to jump ship and hop on a Nexus phone if only Nexus Camera weren't so mediocre.

Hectorius

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
If updates are important to you, might want to consider an iPhone.. Cause this android update situation is not going to change anytime soon.

Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 6s Plus.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm in no hurry. It will come when it comes. My phone works fine right now.

I feel the same way. I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over a software update lol. The Note 5 is one of the best phones you can buy and it runs great on 5.1.1. There isn't much of a difference between 5.1.1 and Marshmallow anyway. Whenever AT&T releases Marshmallow is fine with me as long as it's a stable build.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Too bad the whole nexus line is mediocre in general. You know going in that Samsung phones will be among the last to be updated but they are awesome the way they are.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I feel the same way. I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over a software update lol. The Note 5 is one of the best phones you can buy and it runs great on 5.1.1. There isn't much of a difference between 5.1.1 and Marshmallow anyway. Whenever AT&T releases Marshmallow is fine with me as long as it's a stable build.

Not much of a difference? Now I won't agree with that, however I will agree that getting all worked up about not having the latest update as soon as possible is ridiculous. However, that is one main area that manufactures of phones running Android need to work on seriously, as well as Network providers

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Not much of a difference? Now I won't agree with that, however I will agree that getting all worked up about not having the latest update as soon as possible is ridiculous. However, that is one main area that manufactures of phones running Android need to work on seriously, as well as Network providers

That's ok we all have different opinions on what major differences are in software updates. I only care that whenever AT&T decides to update the Note 5 to Marshmallow that it's a stable version and causes no issues with my Note 5. Every Android update I have received from AT&T has been great so I'm confident Marshmallow will only make an already great phone even better.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
That's ok we all have different opinions on what major differences are in software updates. I only care that whenever AT&T decides to update the Note 5 to Marshmallow that it's a stable version and causes no issues with my Note 5. Every Android update I have received from AT&T has been great so I'm confident Marshmallow will only make an already great phone even better.

Agree completely

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Right. I want a stable update that does not ruin my phone. If it's going to take longer to get a good update then I'll wait. I learned my lesson from that 4.3 update I just had to have so bad that killed my galaxy s3. Luckily that is the only os update that gave me problems.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
update coming today. my phone says unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. try Again later.

the only time this has ever happened my Note 4 got the 5.0.1 update Sprint rep just confirmed that 6.0.1 is being pushed out today to Sprint Customers on a Note 5