S-pen is cheaply made

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm now on my 3rd s-pen. First 2 POS clickers get stuck and gets to be a pain in *** to take out of the phone. I've tried lubricating the clicker area with wd-40 and still gets stuck. Hope the next note has a similar design to the note 4 s-pen. Keep it simple....Samsung always trying stupid gimmicky crap.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I on the other hand particularly like the Note 5 S pen and the ease with which it can be removed because of the click top. I have had my Note 5 since my pre-order was delivered and am still using the original S pen with no issues what-so-ever. Everyone's mileage does indeed vary.
One of the best features of Samsung is that they are always listening to customers and always trying new and innovative ideas on commercial products. It is one of their greatest strengths in my opinion.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I on the other hand particularly like the Note 5 S pen and the ease with which it can be removed because of the click top. I have had my Note 5 since my pre-order was delivered and am still using the original S pen with no issues what-so-ever. Everyone's mileage does indeed vary.
One of the best features of Samsung is that they are always listening to customers and always trying new and innovative ideas on commercial products. It is one of their greatest strengths in my opinion.

This^^

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought an extra S pen just in case 6 months ago- still in the wrapper. maybe you got a bad set or something, that would drive me insane.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had zero problems with mine, and I use it just about any time I use the phone. I do treat it gently, though. I don't think it's built to take much abuse.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my second one. The first one broke in half. It did not fall or anything. I tried to click and half came out, the other half stayed in.

Posted via the Android Central App

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
You are not alone brother, mine did the same thing a month ago. Talked live chat with Sammy they sent out a new one sent them the old one. Pen clicker stuck and had to pry it out of the phone. I upgrade every year so hopefully the Note 6 pen won't have this issue.

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
No issues with mine either and I use it A LOT for taking orders at work... I do wish there was a better way to sync the S-Notes data to a PC, but my S-Pen has been flawless.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had no problems with mine and I used it daily. I love the design. For clarification, a handful of problems out of hundreds of thousands or millions sold does not equal a cheaply made device or design flaw. You will have bad ones and you will have people who are harder on their devices but don't realize they are.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't click 3 miles a day 3 millimeters at a time and you shouldn't have a problem. The click is a definite must have. Without it, I'd go nuts trying to pry it out with my already slim case/cover.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't click 3 miles a day 3 millimeters at a time and you shouldn't have a problem. The click is a definite must have. Without it, I'd go nuts trying to pry it out with my already slim case/cover.
How do you know how I use it? Lol. It's a spring loaded clicker. A simple cheap spring. Get a little dust in the spring and it's garbage. Stupid design.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
How do you know how I use it? Lol. It's a spring loaded clicker. A simple cheap spring. Get a little distance in the spring and it's garbage. Stupid design.
You're right. I don't know how you use it. But based upon popular opinion versus everybody else's experience, your claim of going through so many, it's hyperbole at best.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
You're right. I don't know how you use it. But based upon popular opinion versus your claim of going through so many, it's hyperbole at best.
Just telling everyone my experience. Don't intend to hurt feelings. I'm sure most have no issues. I do. I also use my pen many times a day. My opinion it's a cheap design. Just like having it stuck if it goes in the wrong way. Stupid design. I bet the next note will not have a clicker.

Last edited:

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
My clicker in my s pen broke and my pen was lodged and I had to get Samsung to get it out (it was really jammed). I agree that the s pen send cheaply made, there should also be a way to eject the pen.
I love the phone though....after lg 2,3 and 4

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem, I work in a really dusty environment though and I never thought that maybe that could have caused it to not click as easy. And I rarely used mine. Does anyone know where to get a new one? *

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem, I work in a really dusty environment though and I never thought that maybe that could have caused it to not click as easy. And I rarely used mine. Does anyone know where to get a new one? *

I just one off of eBay for about 15 CDN. (11 US) or try amazon, maybe find one there and get it quicker.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I wish Samsung could come up with one made out of a light aluminum or somthing I'd pay a little extra for a more firm filling build honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo