I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with use the note 5 for a longer period of time. More specifically how is holding up physically?I really tried 5 cases and don't like any of them. I'm very careful with my phone skin I'm going go without one. I was more worried about the case installation/removal damaging the phone than a drop in some cases. I've had the phone for a few weeks and so far so good. I'm wondering how others are fairing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2016 01:50 PM
    I had a wallet case on mine for a long time, since last August when I got it. When I got the Samsung Fast Charger I switched to a Verus case, and it does make me a bit nervous to leave it on the charger with cats around 😨 but I do have an edge to edge screen protector on it, and so far so good. It hasn't been dropped. I also have a zipper case I keep it in when the grandkids are around. But usually, I'm on it lol so that isn't much of a problem. The phone itself looks fine. But I don't change my cases that often, so... FWIW.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    03-10-2016 02:33 PM
    I bought mine on release day. I also bought a tempered glass screen protector and a Platinum PT case. The case has a gelt inside which is nice, because I use my phone with a Samsung Gear VR as well, and have to remove the case for VR. There aren't any scratches at all my phone. I did have to replace the stylus once, because I left it out and the dog thought it was delicious. But other than that, no problems.
    03-10-2016 04:02 PM
    Got mine at the end of October, 2015. No issues at all. Have had a few unexpected drops, but the Tech21 Evo Tactical Case has done a nice job in protecting. Zagg hdx (non-glass) screen protector.
    03-11-2016 06:40 AM
    I got mine about a week after it was released and it's holding up well. I don't use a case, I run naked lol.

03-11-2016 09:52 AM
    Any drops?

03-11-2016 09:55 AM
    I have had mine since day one and use a tempered glass screen on the front and a clear film skin on the back with no issues. After paying a very large amount for a beautiful phone I actually want to see it and hold it. I would never use a case to make it look like every other large brick.
    Brushed it off the night stand onto the carpet once. No issues.
    03-11-2016 11:34 AM
    No drops

03-11-2016 11:48 AM
    Its been 2 n half months i am using note 5. I am a moderate to heavy user. Playing games, web browsing, YouTube. The phone never hanged. Battery life was between 14 to 19 hours with SOT 3 to 4 n half hours respectively. Sometimes on heavy usage batery has dropped from 100 to 30 in 6 hours with SOT 3 hours.

03-11-2016 12:13 PM
    I have had this phone since October, and it is still performing like the 1st day. this is totally different case with the galaxy s5 that I had before this phone

03-11-2016 12:17 PM
    I got mine on release day and besides my camera lense it's great,battery seems to die a little bit quicker,besides that I love it and I'm on it probably every minute I'm not sleeping

03-11-2016 12:49 PM
    Ok so I have had it for almost 3 months now. I absolutley love how it feels in hand naked with no case on it a little slippery yes but other than that it feels great. But the problem is you've got to have a case on it because one drop and ull either get a dent smewhere or sme scratches. At the start i used a very thin gel case on it it felt great cz the fone still felt very slim but wasnt slippery at all with that case. It was a cheap un branded case but i thought it was perfect for it the only prob was tht the cut out for the s pen was bigger than what was required. But anyway i ended up buying 5 of those cases coz the clear cases go yellow after a while so i thot ill use one for a month and then throw it away n move on to.the next one. BUT i dropped my fone in the kitchen and it landed on the bottom corner where s pen goes. So i nt only got a lil dent but s pen got stuck inside and wouldn't come out. I had to use a pin actually a needle to get it out and it was aryt then. So i ordered a couple of proper cases for it after that incident a spigen capsule and a clear hard back with soft gel sides. Just like the ringke fusion i like them both they r perfect i have dropped it a few times since but wid cases on and nothing happened. I do have a tempered glass protector on it too. And when i am sat down at one place like at home or work i nrmally take the case off just cz i like using it wothout any cases on. But i always put a case on when i am out and about. I keep switching between the 2 cases i mentioned above. i atleast put a case on take it off 5 6 times a day and i have not noticed any damage or scratches caused by the cases at all so i am not worried about taking them off again n again. Yes on my note 4 i noticed the front bezel gt scratched badly by the cases. But not on note 5.

So overall what i would advise is that do keep a case for it. Cz the build quality is such that if u drop it even once it can gt damaged badly.

Love my Note 5
    03-11-2016 09:24 PM
    I have owned the Note 3 and 4 and just recently bought the Note 5 and absolutely love it. I purchased the Samsung clear S-View Flip cover with a glass screen protector and I really like it.

Samsung has made tremendous strides with improving the Note series with every upgrade. I have never had any lag with any Note that I have owned and the battery life has always been great. I actually prefer a non removable battery and just internal storage. I hope Samsung makes a 128 GB version of the Note 6 because I will purchase that version. I don't mind paying more money for more internal storage.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5
    03-12-2016 01:14 PM
    Ok so I have had it for almost 3 months now. I absolutley love how it feels in hand naked with no case on it a little slippery yes but other than that it feels great. But the problem is you've got to have a case on it because one drop and ull either get a dent smewhere or sme scratches. At the start i used a very thin gel case on it it felt great cz the fone still felt very slim but wasnt slippery at all with that case. It was a cheap un branded case but i thought it was perfect for it the only prob was tht the cut out for the s pen was bigger than what was required. But anyway i ended up buying 5 of those cases coz the clear cases go yellow after a while so i thot ill use one for a month and then throw it away n move on to.the next one. BUT i dropped my fone in the kitchen and it landed on the bottom corner where s pen goes. So i nt only got a lil dent but s pen got stuck inside and wouldn't come out. I had to use a pin actually a needle to get it out and it was aryt then. So i ordered a couple of proper cases for it after that incident a spigen capsule and a clear hard back with soft gel sides. Just like the ringke fusion i like them both they r perfect i have dropped it a few times since but wid cases on and nothing happened. I do have a tempered glass protector on it too. And when i am sat down at one place like at home or work i nrmally take the case off just cz i like using it wothout any cases on. But i always put a case on when i am out and about. I keep switching between the 2 cases i mentioned above. i atleast put a case on take it off 5 6 times a day and i have not noticed any damage or scratches caused by the cases at all so i am not worried about taking them off again n again. Yes on my note 4 i noticed the front bezel gt scratched badly by the cases. But not on note 5.

So overall what i would advise is that do keep a case for it. Cz the build quality is such that if u drop it even once it can gt damaged badly.

Love my Note 5
    I have insurance for "catastrophic events" the aluminium is 7000 series and the glass is gorilla glass 4. I'm more wondering how is fairing against day to day bumps bruises and scrapes

03-12-2016 01:15 PM