05-21-2016 12:27 PM
142 12345 ...
tools
    I wish ATT would hurry up with marshmallow so i can have a broken phone too
    03-18-2016 01:21 AM
    Everybody rushing to get this update like it's the new best thing! All we gonna hear is ******** once it drops like every other "new software"...
    sweetypie31 and H3aTeRzz like this.
    03-18-2016 04:33 AM
    Person who run in dense fog, bump into things! Translation: Patience young padawans!
    03-18-2016 06:05 AM
    I saw this story a few days ago. Thought that if Verizon already has Marshmallow it was likely an inaccurate story. And kind of odd that alot of the Verizon complaints deal with battery life. One of the specific things this version supposed to improve. Maybe it's a matter that requires a factory reset. AT&T can take its time. Certainly better battery life is always welcome.
    03-18-2016 08:11 AM
    Verizon customers are reporting a lot of issues with the update. I think I'll wait until I get a new phone. I'm getting 14--16 hours battery time with Package Disabler Pro (moderate use) and everything is running smoothly on Lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-18-2016 11:23 AM
    Verizon customers are reporting a lot of issues with the update. I think I'll wait until I get a new phone. I'm getting 14--16 hours battery time with Package Disabler Pro (moderate use) and everything is running smoothly on Lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm having a great upgrade experience. Battery life is much better and MM is just as smooth as Lollipop as well as being a little faster. I only disabled some Verizon and Samsung apps that I don't use and leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time. I put it on the charger when I go to bed and wake up to a fully charged phone. I'm a moderate user and get 3 1/2 hrs SOT on average and still have about 30 to 40 percent battery left when I plug in at night. I haven't done a factory reset yet because everything is running so smoothly. So far so good for me.
    03-18-2016 01:37 PM
    Put on your tin foil hats, the sky is falling... read any thread, on any forum, about any device and you will see thousands of complaints about buggy updates, and devices being ruined, and people asking about reverting to previous releases. This is standard practice and it happens 100% of the time. (and its really annoying)
    bassplayrguy, zmann and nglandon like this.
    03-18-2016 01:42 PM
    Do yourselves a favor....do a Full Factory Reset after any major upgrade, just IMHO!
    ladyc0524 and boufa like this.
    03-18-2016 05:08 PM
    Do yourselves a favor....do a Full Factory Reset after any major upgrade, just IMHO!
    My note 5 is running perfectly without a factory reset, but your mileage may vary....😎
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    03-18-2016 05:18 PM
    Well, for whatever its worth, probably not much. I just received my new unlocked Note 5 last week. During the setup process I immediately updated to Marshmallow with no problem. I am using the AT&T network through CC. Smooth sailing so far.
    03-21-2016 09:00 AM
    At the very least, clear the cache. I have found that factory resets are by far the best and safest way to use an upgrade, but its not always practical to reset up your phone to just what you like. Clearing the entire system cache definitly helps get rid of the left over junk from the previous version, and certainly doesn't hurt anything.

(Cue the "I cleared my cache once, and then nothing worked" posts.)
    03-21-2016 09:30 AM
    Well, for whatever its worth, probably not much. I just received my new unlocked Note 5 last week. During the setup process I immediately updated to Marshmallow with no problem. I am using the AT&T network through CC. Smooth sailing so far.
    There was an update available through the AT&T server? I just checked and it said current software is up to date.
    03-21-2016 01:22 PM
    There was an update available through the AT&T server? I just checked and it said current software is up to date.
    A little while ago as in a few weeks there was a security update, no marshmallow update yet though for AT&T. Raylock sounds like he has an international or version other than AT&T.
    03-21-2016 02:55 PM
    It's just sad this has not yet available for my AT&T Note 5 yet. I am beginning to think that i should never buy anything but Nexus phone in the future. Which i do now have. It's nice to get update at regularly interval. For God's sake, my iPhone just got 9.3 update an hour after it was announced.
    theonecid likes this.
    03-21-2016 03:34 PM
    It's just sad this has not yet available for my AT&T Note 5 yet. I am beginning to think that i should never buy anything but Nexus phone in the future. Which i do now have. It's nice to get update at regularly interval. For God's sake, my iPhone just got 9.3 update an hour after it was announced.
    Yeah... It's nothing short of ridiculous. They really need to do something about this Android updates fragmentation.
    03-21-2016 04:08 PM
    Looking forward to this: Samsung Galaxy Note 6 release date
    So don't care no more for Marshmallow !

03-22-2016 07:00 AM
    Looking forward to this: Samsung Galaxy Note 6 release date
    So don't care no more for Marshmallow !

This pretty much states nothing
    03-22-2016 07:14 AM
    This pretty much states nothing
    Marshmallow is old already and Note 6 will be out with Android N , so basically it will happen like it did with Note 5 last year, basically Android N will be the new thing so Marshmallow is already history and to think that just a few minutes ago India just received Marshmallow on there Note 5, don't care for it no more just a waste of time in my opinion.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-22-2016 07:18 AM
    Even S5 Korea just got Marshmallow , that's Ridiculous!
    03-22-2016 07:41 AM
    Looks like T-Mobile is getting Marshmallow on there S6 and S6 Edge as well , it will roll out today, so where does that leave AT&T, I will definitely be getting and pay full price when Note 6 comes out but will buy the International one unlocked and use it on AT&T, that way no more waiting on updates i be the first to get it before any other carriers.
    03-22-2016 07:51 AM
    Marshmallow is old already and Note 6 will be out with Android N , so basically it will happen like it did with Note 5 last year, basically Android N will be the new thing so Marshmallow is already history and to think that just a few minutes ago India just received Marshmallow on there Note 5, don't care for it no more just a waste of time in my opinion.
    Someone has first world problems
    03-22-2016 08:05 AM
    Someone has first world problems
    I don't have a problem, sir it's stupid that all the other carriers are getting M , but it don't matter no more to me, i was just sharing here how stupid it is nothing more.
    03-22-2016 08:11 AM
    I don't care if i get it or not. I just want my phone to stay great.
    mhettrich likes this.
    03-22-2016 08:47 AM
    I don't care if i get it or not. I just want my phone to stay great.
    I agree and the Note 5 will eventually get Marshmallow. The Note 5 is a beast on 5.1.1. It's not the end of the world that we haven't received Marshmallow yet. If you want fast updates then buy a Nexus phone. I rather AT&T take their time and release a stable build like they have with every single Android update I have received from them.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5
    jlost and H3aTeRzz like this.
    03-22-2016 11:21 AM
    I just don't understand why people are going crazy over not receiving mm yet. It's not like the older days of Android where the update would be a huge overhaul.
    H3aTeRzz and mhettrich like this.
    03-22-2016 11:30 AM
142 12345 ...